winter allergies? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 01-16-2018, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
winter allergies?

it's been a long time since i last visited, but i knew y'all were the best people to help me!! I started with a bad chest cold in november, the MD said it's viral. so i made and consumed a lot of elderberry syrup and did as much supportive stuff as i could naturally. Then, the cough got worse. i lost my voice for days, and thought this is a nasty virus. as the cough got worse, i bit the bullet and went back a second time to the doctor, who then game me Antibiotics, which immediately made my sore throat better and aside from a lot of phlegm and coughing, i noticed an improvement rapidly. Clearly there was a bacterial thing a brewing! now, weeks later, i still find i have a phlegm coating in the back of my throat (not sore anymore) at all times unless i take allegra. I HATE taking allergy meds. But, i have endured this mucus long enough!!! So while i notice improvement on the meds, it doesn't give me an answer to why i am suffering like it's springtime during the biggest bloom of the season. What could be in the air this time of year that is making me react???

[SIZE="1"]Holly, slightly crunchy mama to my happy, energetic, sensitive Aiden (8/04) and My peanut girly girl, independent and proud Lillian (3/07)... Wife to my Jonathan, and a cancer SURVIVOR... now and forever!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 01-16-2018, 05:56 PM

Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
I had something similar. I used oil of Oregano it helped.
#3 of 5 Old 01-29-2018, 07:45 AM

I was sick recently and after reading an article I tried using a very small amount of pepperment essential oil. It helped with my cough, and even more noticeably it helped clear up my congestion. Not sure that my situation was exactly like yours, but it worked well for me just a few days ago. Here is the article I read that gave me the idea to try the peppermint - https://fulfilledwellness.com/peppermint-essential-oil/

#4 of 5 Old 09-29-2018, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazsmum View Post
I had something similar. I used oil of Oregano it helped.
Yeah, oregano oil had the amazing effect for me also.
#5 of 5 Old 09-29-2018, 05:33 AM

Great article! Thank you

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page