toddler with an allergy to cats - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 04-28-2007, 01:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, just wanted to ask if anyone has any experience dealing with cat allergies and their children. My son is 20 mos old and he gets a stuffy nose and red bloodshot itchy eyes and sneezing after he is around cats. My mother in law and sister in law have cats. I don't see being able to tell them we cannot come over because of it and I can't expect them to get rid of their cats because of it but I don't know what I can do. He tends to end up sick within a couple days of being over there also (I am assuming due to the allergy lowering his immune system). He also has a dairy allergy (and allergies to things like certain soaps etc). I don't want him to be sick all the time but I do all I can to keep his immune system strong. I also am still breastfeeding him. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 04-29-2007, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't have any suggestions other than to avoid cats at all cost. With the weather getting better in our area, you may just ask to visit with your family outside or ask them to shut up the cats before you come over. You could also try to dose him with benadryl or claritin before you go over. I'm sure there are some more natural remedies but I don't know what would work in this case.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page