My research: CSS - c-section syndrome (causing allergies) - Page 14 - Mothering Forums

#391 of 1043 Old 11-05-2008, 11:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calm View Post
K, I'm fairly sure you can't OD on those strains. Although, that would end up rather expensive. Perhaps you could get it shipped into the US from Aust. for less, esp with the dollar so strong against the Aussie dollar right now, almost half price. And again, I don't know how appropriate that bug is for your issues either. Although it does look promising. The good thing about your probiotic is you have a yeast in it. With all the yeast killing we need to replace the good yeast (stupid cycle, isn't it?). Have you ever read The Yeast Connection? You might get a lot out of that. It talk of cystitis and interstitial cystitis and bladder infections and the connection.
I don't know how to say this without being alarming but...

DEAR GOD!!!

Are those numbers right??
I can do them again in an hour (I haven't eaten in an hour, and I have to wait another hour before I can take some of my pills anyway, so I can do it again before the pills). But yeah, those were right last night. I read the Yeast Connection (back in 1991...). The book I just got was: "Chronic Candidiasis" by Michael T. Murray, N.D. It was pretty comprehensive, I think, and had lots on cystitis and what to do for it.

Quote:
Not only is that so alkaline no good bacteria could live there, it is a welcome mat for pathogenic bacteria and yeasts. Everytime you knock out the bacteria, the yeasts remain and they support the bad guys reproducing (this is proven in labs and clinical trials). You have GOT to be on an anti-yeast treatment, for as long as you are on antibiotics. I recommend nystatin because it is safe and not absorbed, however, the yeasts are probably right through you and you'll need more help than that. Big guns, like oreganol and other systemic yeast fighters.
I'll have to see if I can get Nystatin on some black market or something. Or find a new naturopath. I have oregano oil. Is that the same thing?

Quote:
Did you ever do the acid ash challenge, testing the urine pH after two days of eating crap (acid foods)? I bet that has a good tale to tell too.
No I don't want to eat like crap. it makes me feel worse! Though I'll do it if it'll tell me something important.

Quote:
Acidify your urine, post haste. Sauerkraut acidifies saliva only. Eat walnuts. What happens when you drink cranberry? And most importantly, follow the alkalising side of one of those charts closely, lots of greens stuff and chlorophyll, seaweed. We want to increase your alkaline reserve to help take the ammonia out of your kidneys and bladder/urine. Deep breathe. And by deep, I don't mean big. Slow, steady breaths LOW into the lung, as though you are breathing into your gut. Don't take big breaths. On my blog, read about CO2 and asthma. It's not about the asthma, but about how to breathe well and help to heal. You can first do the CO2 test

Lemme know how you go (what your CP is).
I was doing the saurkraut for the enzymes. Nothing happens when I drink cranberry or take cranberry pills (at least nothing in terms of preventing/treating UTIs). I can drink it though it has a lot of sugar. Both my kids react to it, so I don't keep it in the house.

You are kidding about that CO2 test, aren't you. Breathe in 2 seconds, breathe out 2 seconds. I'm practically gasping at 5 seconds, and have to take a deep breath. I can't do it without taking a deep breath after 5 seconds. And I did it 6 times because I thought maybe I could improve my score. How can people actually do that for 60 seconds? There's no way.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#392 of 1043 Old 11-06-2008, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
I'll have to see if I can get Nystatin on some black market or something. Or find a new naturopath. I have oregano oil. Is that the same thing?
Yes, same thing. Won't your doc prescribe nystatin? We can get it over the counter here, but not the pure stuff, it's encapsulated.
Quote:
No I don't want to eat like crap. it makes me feel worse! Though I'll do it if it'll tell me something important.
No, don't bother. It's not worth it. I'm fairly certain of your pH situation. Sometimes it helps motivate a person to follow a hard path if they can see things for themselves, but you are already very motivated and doing so much for healing.

Quote:
I was doing the saurkraut for the enzymes. Nothing happens when I drink cranberry or take cranberry pills (at least nothing in terms of preventing/treating UTIs). I can drink it though it has a lot of sugar. Both my kids react to it, so I don't keep it in the house.
It will help acidify your urine, so although you aren't noticing change, if you still have the pills - although you are on so much you must rattle. I don't think you can really add to that. Don't drink the sugary stuff, that kind of defeats the purpose.

Quote:
You are kidding about that CO2 test, aren't you. Breathe in 2 seconds, breathe out 2 seconds. I'm practically gasping at 5 seconds, and have to take a deep breath. I can't do it without taking a deep breath after 5 seconds. And I did it 6 times because I thought maybe I could improve my score. How can people actually do that for 60 seconds? There's no way.
5 or less, eh. Hmm, not good, although you probably saw that. Although it does all add up, I have been joining the dots with you as one thing points to the next. At least the breath work is free and isn't a pill . Do the exercises and you'll find your CP go up and your pulse go down (if the reverse happens, you're doing it incorrectly). Asthmatics and those with great illness can take their CP from 5/10 to 20 within a week with persistence and dedication. And yessiree, you can get to 60 and it should be your goal. Although, you won't know yourself if you reach 40.

My daughter used to get asthma, at around the age of 4. Due to events beyond my control (we were on a flight from the States to Australia), she spiraled into an attack once, ended up in hospital the day we landed. This was after consistent exposure to chemicals at my MIL's house (downy clothes freshener should be illegal, how can a whole nation use that stuff and survive?) and some other foreign elements during our travel. The hospital threatened to take legal control of her treatment because I was insisting they stop the drugs and slow her breathing - this of course was the complete opposite of what they wanted to do. They kept pumping her full of steroids to open her lungs and telling her to breathe deeply and fully and basically almost killing her without realising it. I wanted to discharge her but they wouldn't let me until her oxygen levels were at 96 or higher. And I'm like, IDIOTS, that ain't gonna happen like this! So I got our ioniser from home and strapped it to her and got her to hold her breath and an amazed nurse discharged her as her O2 was over 96. Anyway, long story short, after that scare, I worked on her CO2 levels as her CP was 5 or less, she was close to death/attack, and any trigger would set off her lungs clamping down to try to hold on to CO2. It took a week, and she was out of the woods, within a month, she wasn't wheezing, and she has never come close to asthma again, but I am on top of her breathing, even now when it isn't a threat.

It is too hard to explain simply how CO2 contributes to pH balance. But the breath can actually cure the big diseases, all on its own. When you have stress or anxiety, you will notice that you pant, or breathe in a manner that is faster, or bigger than normal. Very rarely do stressed or panic stricken people breathe calmly, in fact, they never do. One fast way to stop a panic attack in its tracks is to simply stop breathing, hold the breath, and then breathe slowly and calmly. Keep that in mind when you feel something like it coming on.

Daughter hungry, must run...

Hunger is political.  Wherever there is widespread hunger, it is because people with guns are preventing other people from bringing in food.  
#393 of 1043 Old 11-06-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeonyJen View Post
Where can I find this?
And is it dairy and rice-free?
http://www.kirkmanlabs.com/[email protected]
dairy/rice free among others
30billion/cap

#394 of 1043 Old 11-06-2008, 11:08 AM

ok, doing some research here, found some places to buy the Nystatin, but it is just the cream. So, it seems that wouldn't treat the internal issue right, just where it is manifesting at the time, right?

I am thinking I need to make an appt to the clinic and get it done w/ I looked up the oral Nystatin and it's indications:
Quote:
What conditions does this medication treat?

Nystatin Oral is used to treat the following:

Thrush, Candida Fungus Infection of Mouth, Skin, Nails or Vagina, Stomach and Intestinal Infection caused by the Fungus Candida
I don't currently have any thrush pain in my breasts, but Lily's mouth is starting to look a little thrushy. I would very easily bring one on though with any sugar binge- I would easily bring on a vaginal thrush infection as well. I have 2 areas of thrush rash as well, although I would be afraid they would want to treat that topically. I think my best bet would be to tell them I have thrush, as in the past when I have had it the symptoms were no too overt.

I have been thinking hard about this. I know I need to get this under control. I was thinking I would just not do the nystatin and try to do other things. However, after much consideration this seems like the right path to me.

I am also working on the diet. I am gf/cf already. I have way cut back any sugar consumption, but have not been perfect if I cut back too quick then I have horrible rage. I have also decided I need to be grain free, I know it is not said that one has to be(for whole grains anyway) but I feel that it is best for me. The grains cause horrible cravings and binging just like the sugar. I am drinking some (fresh) green juice daily, several cups of water kefir along w/ fermented foods. I am also taking in 2T of coconut oil daily and using it topically. I am continuing w/ my hvclo&bo. I have some Pau d' Arco tea- I drank a cup yesterday, but not sure if I can keep that up as it was horrible w/o any honey. I will try though.

I am feeling good on this path and am focused on what feels healing for my body. I am savoring my food though and focused on nourishing myself.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#395 of 1043 Old 11-06-2008, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellasmama2007 View Post
http://www.kirkmanlabs.com/[email protected]
dairy/rice free among others
30billion/cap
I wrote to this company as this looks great. I still think it is great, but I'll post our correspondence:
Quote:
Hi,

I'm wondering if your Lactobacillus rhamnosus is the GG (LGG) strain.

Thanks!
Quote:
If you are comparing the Culturelle to Pro Culture, they are not exactly the same. The LGG strain in Culturelle is patented so we can not say it is exactly the same. They are similar. Me, personally like to think of the Lactobacillus Rhamnosus organism as a generic form of LGG.

Sincerely,

KariJane Mac Donald

Customer Service

Kirkman Group, Inc.
I don't know what Pro Culture or Culturelle is, but I get that she is saying that it is the same strain? I have heard that it is important to get the LGG/GG form, so take from this what you will. I'd personally say this is fine.

Crunchy, you sound wonderful and please keep us informed. I am keeping a little file on this for future reference, what is fast, what works best, etc from people giving this a go.

Hunger is political.  Wherever there is widespread hunger, it is because people with guns are preventing other people from bringing in food.  
#396 of 1043 Old 11-06-2008, 10:41 PM

it looks like culturelle and pro culture are other probiotics that they sell http://www.kirkmanlabs.com/[email protected]
culturelle definitely has the gg strain, but not quite as potent as the lacto duo and made with milk and inulin.
hmmm, can a probiotic be generic?
#397 of 1043 Old 11-06-2008, 10:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
hmmm, can a probiotic be generic?
As opposed to engineered?

Or perhaps, patented means "originally isolated and named"?

Pat

I have a blog.
#398 of 1043 Old 11-06-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
I wrote to this company as this looks great. I still think it is great, but I'll post our correspondence:

I don't know what Pro Culture or Culturelle is, but I get that she is saying that it is the same strain? I have heard that it is important to get the LGG/GG form, so take from this what you will. I'd personally say this is fine.
From a science standpoint, unless they tell you it is the GG strain, it isn't. Saying the bacteria is Lactobacillus rhamnosus is the equivalent to talking about E. coli. There are some strains of E. coli that are essential and beneficial to us humans and others that can kill.

Since the L. rhamnosus GG is patented, the only company (in the US) that can sell it is ConAgra (who owns the patent) and they do so under the Culturelle brand name. And sadly, that preparation contains both casein and whey in addition to being marketed by an industrial food company. I'd really like to take it, but I'm not willing to risk the milk contamination in our MFA family. I'm still thinking about it though because I've seen a number of studies (in mainstream journals, no less) claiming it can heal the damage of leaky gut caused by cow's milk protein.
#399 of 1043 Old 11-06-2008, 11:36 PM - Thread Starter

The Ethical Nutrients brand that we have has the GG strain, and lists on the bottle no wheat, gluten, cereals, milk, eggs, starches, yeast and salt. My son is dairy intolerant and he responded well to it.

#400 of 1043 Old 11-07-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:

Crunchy, you sound wonderful and please keep us informed. I am keeping a little file on this for future reference, what is fast, what works best, etc from people giving this a go.
I got an appt for Tuesday, soonest I could get in to dh's clinic (which will be free- which is very good thing). I am seeing the nurse practitioner- so hopefully it will be easier to get her to prescribe me the nystatin. I told dh that I don't seem like too much of a drug seeker- I don't think there is any illicit use of the nystatin to make me suspicious!

I am starting to wonder if there isn't anything else going on w/ me. I cannot seem to pull it together. My brain is so foggy. I know though that all my symptoms can be attributed to yeast and I know I have yeast issues. So, I guess it would be better to work on that first and then look and see if there is anything else going on after that. I worry about some adrenal issue though. My energy level is not good and my mood is sporadic. Going gf/cf lifted the depression, but I am still not up to pare- I wakeup and feel good, but then feel like I am dragging until the afternoon/evening and then I have energy again. I have tried eating different times, not eating, eating the usual things that give me energy there is some differences, but nothing seems to help completely.

Oh, and I meant to mention fwiw that I have been craving walnuts and lemons as well, which are not usual fare for me. I found that so interesting.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#401 of 1043 Old 11-07-2008, 05:31 PM

I found some online. Between this and the buckwheat flour incident, I'm going to get quite a reputation.

Oral Suspension (generic) 48 doses for $1.60 (says it's 100,000iu/ml) - made by Bristol Myers Squibb
50 caplets (made by Wyeth, I think it said) - Nilstat - 500,000u for $35.20

link

But on the first page, it said other names for Nystatin was Candex, and that's one of the things I'm taking, but there's no mention of Nystatin on the label.

crunchy_mama: walnuts and lemons would make you more alkaline, right? I've been having the lemons, but haven't gotten a hold of any walnuts yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#402 of 1043 Old 11-07-2008, 08:49 PM

Hey...can I get a score?laughup

Momma to one small person I call Smoodgie :joy.gif
#403 of 1043 Old 11-08-2008, 12:02 PM

Last night I put oil of oregano on DS and DD2's feet (they liked it). DH woke up (he's on night shift right now) and said, "WHAT is that smell?!?!" and opened all the windows and doors. He said it was horrible. On top of that he said that my breath has stunk lately of garlic (I started taking the supposedly-non-stinky garlic pills a few days ago). I guess I'll have to find Oil of Oregano in capsule form.

Question on die-off ... are everyone's symptoms different? For instance, if I've always had bad pack pain that no doctor could find a cause for, and it went away for the most part when I went dairy/soy/gluten free, if I started taking all this anti-yeast stuff and doing the anti-yeast diet, would my back start bothering me? I've been achey, nauseous, tired, and sort of cranky. I'm not sure if this is the UTI or the anti-yeast stuff. But what's odd is that my anxiety has gone away in the last two weeks.

#404 of 1043 Old 11-08-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
But what's odd is that my anxiety has gone away in the last two weeks.
Kathy, are you still cutting down on sugar? I found sugar and anxiety were hugely linked for me.
#405 of 1043 Old 11-08-2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
I found some online. Between this and the buckwheat flour incident, I'm going to get quite a reputation.

Oral Suspension (generic) 48 doses for $1.60 (says it's 100,000iu/ml) - made by Bristol Myers Squibb
50 caplets (made by Wyeth, I think it said) - Nilstat - 500,000u for $35.20

link

But on the first page, it said other names for Nystatin was Candex, and that's one of the things I'm taking, but there's no mention of Nystatin on the label.

crunchy_mama: walnuts and lemons would make you more alkaline, right? I've been having the lemons, but haven't gotten a hold of any walnuts yet.
You know I was talking to a friend and she has nearly a full thing of Nystatin oral suspension(from having thrush). She used it for her nipples and the babies mouth, I wonder if it is supposed to be ingested. Your link says that it is to be ingested- I wonder if it is the same for this..

#406 of 1043 Old 11-08-2008, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildIris View Post
Kathy, are you still cutting down on sugar? I found sugar and anxiety were hugely linked for me.
I am doing occasional honey and maple syrup (very occasional, less than 1 tsp. a day, usually for tea). DS can't have cane sugar anyway, so it's not that hard.

My DH is on nightshift, and normally I'm very anxious at night, when he's not here. And I still have trouble falling asleep, but I'm not worrying. I'm just not falling asleep. Know what I mean? Even the night before Halloween, when a neighborhood kid (we hope) was thumbing on the side of our house as a joke, my DD (11yo) was worried, and it didn't worry me at all, which is highly unusual. I mean, I have a huge knife in my closet, a dog, deadbolts everywhere, etc. And I've been like this my whole adult life. So it's very unusual. It's a good thing. I just don't know what should be getting the credit, as far as supplements or diet changes (I know Calm is getting the real credit).

#407 of 1043 Old 11-09-2008, 12:23 AM

kathy, im so glad your feeling less anxious! that can be a huge burden in life and it is so exciting that maybe killing off your yeast is helping.
about your garlic breath , i read that you can actually swallow a whole clove of raw garlic and then it basically travels down to the intestines before breaking down at all. that's really where it needs to go undigested anyway. plus, its cheaper than supps!
#408 of 1043 Old 11-09-2008, 12:42 AM

This was a no-odor garlic (supposedly doesn't dissolve until it's in your intestines) and DH said it was horrible. I can't imagine that swallowing a whole clove could be any better. And I can't imagine being able to swallow it without gagging.

I put a thread on my Tribe state to see if I can get someone to recommend a doctor around here.... we'll see if I get anywhere. Though maybe I'm doing enough on my own.

#409 of 1043 Old 11-09-2008, 06:23 PM

Hi

maybe someone one this thread might be able to help me.

Below is copied from a thread I started in health and healing.

I have just figured out that the weird way my breasts have been this pregnancy fits the description of thrush. I am trying to heal food sensitivities currently so that makes sense. But I am due in 5 weeks! I dont want to start out on a bad foot!

I have a whole arsenal of gut healing anti-yeast agents in the house, can anyone help me decide what to take? in what order/ when?

I have raw ACV, quality probiotics, enzymes, GSE, Caprilic acid capsules, coconut oil, l-glutamine, I think that is all i have access to. I dont know if i can get gentian violet here. is that a tincture? what is it?

Also in the BFing forum I read about boiling my bras and my diapers. Is that neccesary? My bras I wear all the time but my diapers have not been used in 2 yearsish but my dd who wore then had/s stomach issues, could the yeast still be there?

What do you think abt both partners needing to treat? if I am treating an my system gets balanced, wouldnt it not matter what i was exposed to from my dh? He is just really bad at the discipline needed for this, he really needs to do it for himself b/c his body is not in good shape, but that just isnt happening. Will that prevent me from getting better?

THanks for any advice anyone can give me!
Gila

THis is my next post responding to the one response I got.

i am unfortunately very familiar with getting rid of candida, the reason I am not sure what to do is b/c I am pregnant - so I dont want to put to big a detox load on my developing baby, and b/c I want the thrush out of my breasts b4 this baby arrives.

I am right now just doing enzymes and probiotics which I was doing anyway, and ACV drink once a day.

I am going to start with raw garlic tonight hopefully, and I have a *very* low sugar gfcf diet already.

I dont know what else to write, I eliminated foods from my diet b/c of my nursling not b/c of symptoms that I had, when reintroducing them I had bad results. I had abx via IV at her birth. A few years ago my spit was yeast free (as opposed to dh's) now - no longer so lucky.

LIke I said I am 35 weeks pregnant so I am not the most on the ball person, I might have missed a few obvious things to mention. I really appretiate any advice anyone can give me.

Thanks so much, Gila
#410 of 1043 Old 11-10-2008, 06:29 AM

i've read the last few pages and the first few of this thread so far. both my girl's tounges are nice and red, not white coating anymore (used to have).

i have to check mine, my breasts are less lumpy than they have been the rest of this pregnancy but still a little white crusty. dd2 looked at them this morning and said "THat no good! My new baby no able to nurse!" Can I cry now?

Dh has a cavity he says, for him tooth decay usually precedes severe IBS symptoms by a few months. He is so thin. He weighs like 65 kilo. I just cant deal. I bought enzymes from houstons, too complicated so i bought him the combo one so he just has one bottle and takes it with whatever he eats. but he doesnt. He had a twix bar the other night and now there is another chocolate bar in the freezer. I really cant cope it is so upsetting to me and he just wont deal with it. Flips out if I even try to discuss it with him.

Anyway... sorry if alittle OT.

Can anyone answer me abt if he stays infested if I can get better?

I am nervous abt nystatin, i dont ever do OTC things. Also is GSE helpful? I thought it killed the good with the bad?

Have been doing no-phenol and proteases btwn meals. dont feel anything really will increase today.

Anyone know abt doing this while preg? okay for my babe?

Hope someone has somehting helpful to add. I'll keep reading when I have time.
#411 of 1043 Old 11-10-2008, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry a bit AWOL, not much time. You can keep on top of a reinfection from your partner. One thing you can do is to keep your vaginal canal acidic. Semen is slightly alkaline so after a few sessions it can affect the pH of the vagina.

IMO, doing this while pregnant is the most important thing you can do for the baby's long term health. These days, more and more babies are being born yeast dominant and suffering allergies, autism, colic, behavioural issues and many other things. As a pregnant woman, you are in the best position for the L. Rhamnosus effect. Get the true blue GG strain of it, and take it every day, high dose.

When it comes to things that kill both bad and good, I have heard oil of oregano does and GSE does. However, no evidence for this has ever been presented to me, nor have I been able to find any studies or evidence myself. I think it is one of those word of mouth things that get passed along and no one really knows why they're saying it. I even find myself saying it on occasion! It could be true, don't get me wrong, but it could also be false. Generally, nature doesn't get it that wrong. Generally, a natural substance has some magical properties that seems to target only the bad guys. I trust in that magic, it hasn't let me down.

As for some of your other questions, I have to come back to them shortly after the mad rush of the morning is over.

#412 of 1043 Old 11-10-2008, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

Candex has no nystatin, at least, not the candex mentioned on this thread. It is enzymatic, kills yeast by digesting their plant-like outer shell. And die off can be any number of things, and as far as I'm aware, it depends how the yeast has affected the individual's body. It relates to yeast chemicals. However, we can't just assume that's what it is as there are endless other reasons why back pain can return after a hiatus.

Re sugar, sugar itself cannot make a child hyperactive for instance, that is a myth. So many mama's dealing with a kid that goes loopy after sugar, and blaming the sugar or the child's biology. Hyperactivity from sugar is a classic yeast issue. Same as craving sugar.

They've done clinical trials on people, two groups, one group that ate sugar and another group that didn't. They did nothing else differently. The yeast in the gut of the group that ate sugar was many times higher after the trial than that of the other group. Treat the child's yeast issue and sugar apparently doesn't affect them that way anymore. This is, in my opinion until I find another reason, why sugar affects people in the many other ways it seems to. There are ways sugar acts directly on an organism, of course. But anything that feeds yeast, and sugar is after all like a growth hormone to the little blighters, increases yeast chemicals in the system by default.

Although, I don't believe sugar was ever meant to be isolated from a plant and used in that isolation. Like all the isolated chemicals stripped from plants, it functions poorly and is more like a toxin this way. Sugar in nature food, even the sweetest of foods, is very healthful. Even on a candida diet, you can eat sugar - foods that naturally contain sugar - avoiding only melons and honey for the first week or so.

Food that you add sugar to is not the same as food that naturally contains sugar (just in case anyone wasn't sure). In fact, there are some miracle sugars that have amazing healing properties.

And the bleached white sugar most westerners use is just poison. I remember freaking out when I travelled to the States cos Americans bleach their eggs (all your eggs are freakishly white! Natural eggs are rarely white), and even we over here bleach our sugar. Weird, and pointless, totally pointless. So not only have we stripped this sugar out of the plant, we have abused the living carp out of it... but hey, yeasties love it. No digestion required, no buffers attached, simply mainlines them their fix. Usually, however, sugar is an essential, and wonderful food, made so tasty to ensure we eat lots of it. mmmmm.... suuuuuuugaaaaar.

I used nilstat oral suspension for DS, btw. Full of colours and saccharine... I hated every second of that treatment on him.

I have photos of my son here, I hope you can see them. His skin is absolutely beautiful, and I am proud of that achievement, and believe it is no accident.

thumbsuckin' sling boy

Fruitcakin'

I am trying to find before shots, but they must be on our other harddrive. I'll see what I can do. If you do facebook, pm me cos it's easier for photo sharing.

#413 of 1043 Old 11-11-2008, 12:33 AM

calm or anyone interested, i was wondering what you think about eosinophils. i have another thread going because my eos came back through the roof at 5220 (normal 40-440). anyway, now im seeing this oncologist and facing being forced to wean my dd and potentially start steroids and chemo and then the next thing you know...
i think this onc feels like i have this hypereosinophilic syndrome which causes tons of histamine and ige to flood my bm and pass to ella. he feels that she's reacting to everything because im the problem and not that she has her own problem (which could be really good for ella).
meanwhile, im still holding out for hope that we both have yeast overgrowth in our intestines and that , when we kill the yeast, our allergic issues will vanish. kinda naive, huh? do you think there is any possibility that yeast could make my eos that severely high?
#414 of 1043 Old 11-11-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Sounds like it could be yeast. Either that or parasites. Dandruff is fungus, that's treated with antifungal shampoos (called "antidandruff" shampoos but they contain antifungals like zinc pyrithione and ketoconazole). So you do have a fungal problem. The question is do your children... and I'd say probably. It's worth treating.
dandruff... that and white cracky nipples are my only symptoms. does that mean it is not yeast? rather fungus? still having an internal debate abt the nystatin, will take one tonight b4 bed probably. Are these little black tablets that i have the ones you got in AU Calm? The pacage insert does not even list the other ingredients. :

Quote:
Give it two weeks to get rid of the worst of the die off. Then another two weeks to feel better. Although, if you are like us, you'll be better in a week, even though you are still having die off.

and that would put me at my due date... advisable?
#415 of 1043 Old 11-11-2008, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

The thing with yeast is that they live and die anyway, and release their toxins, regardless of whether we are having a "die off" or not. Die off is just basically a large number of yeast doing what a small number do every day. The burden on the organs, like the liver, is comparable to a medication really, which means that it isn't *ideal* during pregnancy, but neither is a yeast infection. And a potential overgrowth of yeast does much more long term harm (hence, this thread).

My tablets aren't black, they're grey. But that's just packaging. I have the ingredients listed somewhere here if you want them. Mine has lactose, I know that. But lactose intolerance is vastly different to a dairy allergy. Many people avoid lactose unnecessarily when they are allergic to dairy.

Candida can go fungal, if the immune system is compromised. However the fungus on the scalp is malassezia yeast, and is normal. Dandruff, or any other issue with that yeast is usually due to a yeast infection in the gut or other place as the immune system is stimulated to fight that infection... which then takes the fight to whereever it finds yeast. Therefore, it fights the harmless yeast on the scalp and skin folds. We are covered head to toe in yeast and bacteria. This is fine. It isn't so fine when the body is triggered to fight yeast, as it will look for it everywhere, it is very thorough cos our life depends on it.

For topical advice, I treat it with oregano oil, straight up, on the scalp and forehead. It isn't treating any cause, just the symptom, but that is important, too. It's why doctors are taught for years how to eradicate symptoms, cos they are the taker of quality of life. I am a bit mainstream in that way, I believe in relieving symptoms first. I think many people get bored and sick to the teeth with natural therapy's insistance on going through exhaustive causation searches and ignoring symptoms.

Ellasmama, I'll be back for your question.

#416 of 1043 Old 11-11-2008, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
calm or anyone interested, i was wondering what you think about eosinophils. i have another thread going because my eos came back through the roof at 5220 (normal 40-440). anyway, now im seeing this oncologist and facing being forced to wean my dd and potentially start steroids and chemo and then the next thing you know...
i think this onc feels like i have this hypereosinophilic syndrome which causes tons of histamine and ige to flood my bm and pass to ella. he feels that she's reacting to everything because im the problem and not that she has her own problem (which could be really good for ella).
meanwhile, im still holding out for hope that we both have yeast overgrowth in our intestines and that , when we kill the yeast, our allergic issues will vanish. kinda naive, huh? do you think there is any possibility that yeast could make my eos that severely high?
Ok, I'm gonna go into terrain here that risks possible debate from debunkers (they frequent forums messing with people like me... and no, it's not a conspiracy theory, I know someone who is paid to do it in a non-health area).

First, eosinophils... what is freaky weird is I was just going through my college notes recently and reading through white blood cells. It seems something *above* is leading me sometimes, as I get info on something JUST before I need it. Starts to freak me out at times. Anyway, eosinophils... they are known as the "allergy" cells, however, think about that a minute... allergy is NOT a normal, healthy bodily reaction. The body did not make an "allergy" cell, to specifically turn on itself and common foods. There is no benefit in that. Allergy is the body being confused by a common protein/substance and reacting as though it is an invader (generally), and attacking that substance.

So to say that the eos are our allergy cells is bogus, and missing the point. The technical way to look at eos is to say they are "raised during allergic responses".

Their real job is to... brace yerself... fight parasites. A raised eos result most often means your body is fighting a parasitic infection. In an attempt to reference this, I googled eosinophilia and parasitic infection and got many hits, this is one of them (I don't vouch for this site, it's just one of the results):

Quote:
Eosinophils are produced in the bone marrow and are normally found in the bloodstream and the gut lining. They contain proteins that help the body to fight infection from parasitic organisms, such as worms...

Eosinophilia occurs in a wide range of conditions. Its commonest causes in the UK are allergic diseases such as asthma and hay fever, whereas worldwide the main cause is parasitic infection. It can also occur in relation to common skin diseases, medicine reactions, and parasitic infections.
http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/...sinophilia.htm

There are rarer causes, such as certain cancers (I see you mentioned oncology, so this has been considered for you).

See how mainstream info does not link parasites to allergy? See how they say it has two distinct causes, allergy (hayfever, asthma) OR parasites? However I know the two are linked intimately. Also of course, candida is a parasite, but allergies are not limited to candida.

Anyway, with that in mind we then skip to my belief of the cause of cancer... parasitic infection.

And then it all makes sense.

I even mentioned my cancer belief some pages back as it was relevant at the time (or not, I do tend to digress... heh). So, interesting timing again.

To explain how parasites cause cancer takes a lot more room and energy than we have here. I can recommend some books on the subject, books that also contain the cure. But we won't go that route unless you learn that you are on that route for sure. In the meantime, we can confidently say you indeed are fighting something, and this something is messing up your gut. It is almost certainly located there.

It may be yeast. But I think it is more likely a power punch combo of that and some other nasties, as your eos are pretty darn high.

Again, I have to run, but I will come back, hopefully today, (Australian "today") to suggest some options for you. Although, you may need to run with a doc as they will be quite concerned with that result, and I will not risk the wrath of a doc... I shall step back unless you invite me in, and then I stipulate that all my suggestions are simply that... suggestions. I hold no responsibility for your use of those suggestions.

Tag.

#417 of 1043 Old 11-11-2008, 10:51 PM

ellasmama,
if your eos are that high you are in more of a pathological stage. Of course what you choose to do with that is entirely up to you and not for anyone else to judge. Do me a favor though, just so I know you have the info to dip your foot into. Start with this video which is a great one, albeit long. There are many ways to heal, and you don't always have to fight.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...34327210711547

it's just a start, but perhaps it can shift your pardigm a bit. I have some experience with this topic. I'd be happy to talk more. Calm is not wrong. Not by a longshot.

The issue is a lack of nourishment. In your case it seems that something may be in your way. If you choose to go the conventional route, I support you. Just know that it is an industry.
#418 of 1043 Old 11-11-2008, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter

Unfortunately, I haven't even had a chance to suggest any kind of nourishment in this thread. I mean to and then I get caught up in something else here :. As the main thing (particularly in cancer, actually) is to eradicate the invaders, I always go for the kill. However, the need for nourishment is massive.

I did see one theory that says the nourishment is taken up by invaders before it gets to you, and this intrigued me and also explained why malnourishment was occurring in those it logically shouldn't be. Another reason to rid the body of them to make best use of the food/medicine.

FF, I'm interested in knowing your position on that. On large parasites or a large infestation, particularly in the gut, and how that affects assimilation. How to treat assimilation without first eradicating the invader that is not only front line, but damaging the organism's ability to assimilate?

Again, I believe the alpha and omega is food (even with the soil depletion, etc). I just can't find a way to consolidate, in this particular area, going the food route before the eradication of the problem. I am more than willing to change my views, all I need is a reason, cos I'm pretty open. So open I think my brains fell out years ago.

Just opening that vid now, although I see it looks long I'll save it to favorites.

#419 of 1043 Old 11-11-2008, 11:18 PM

janine,
thank you very much for your detailed reply. it's interesting that parasites keep coming up as a leading cause of eosinophilia, because i just asked my pediatrician to send my and dd's stools for parasites in the past month. i had read about parasites causing allergies a lot in the past year and figured it was worth a shot. we were both negative, but i know that they can evade the stool tests. we took 3 samples.
my urine oat test showed yeast markers in the mod/high range and dd's was too dilute to process twice. i did start fluconazole last week. im sorry, i feel almost like i owe an apology for this as it goes against the wonderful advice i got on this thread. the reason i went with the fluconazole and not nystatin is that i spoke with my ped and the pharmacist again and we need to attack my yeast as hard as possible to see if it makes any dent in my dysbiosis, thereby possibly alleviating any measure of the eosinophilia. i have a profound respect for your opinions though, and feel nervous about taking this against your advice.
i also appreciate that your advice is not meant to replace my doctor's and everything like that - i just want an honest educated opinion and all the info i can stuff into my scared head.
ff, thank you for the support and video. im listening to it as we speak. i am more than eager to try to reign in my health care in a collaboration between me, a hostistic hcp and mainstream medicine.
#420 of 1043 Old 11-11-2008, 11:39 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Mama, in your situation, I'd probably take the diflucan.

Pat

I have a blog.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page