My research: CSS - c-section syndrome (causing allergies) - Page 18 - Mothering Forums

#511 of 1043 Old 11-17-2008, 08:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
Are there online informational places that "teach" naturopathy? Sorry, I know it's OT, but there is so much information from you guys, and I want to READ more about it (as opposed to just going to another naturopath and them telling me something). I'm a studier/researcher, but I want reliable sources. I feel like I'm trying the many pronged approach because I'm trying to defeat the yeast (diet and supplement), make the body more alkaline (diet), cure my UTIs (supplements and the previous 2 things), plus heal my gut and my kids' guts. I don't necessarily want someone to say, "take this". I want to know the whys. There have been so many good things brought up on this forum the last few days, that I never questioned and never thought about (like getting 6 Rhogam shots with my 3 children; I never realized it was an option). I've got supplements lining my windowshelf and I want to know MORE!
there are, but it really depends on how you want to learn it. There are different kinds of naturopaths. there are medicalized ND's that have gone to a four year medical school and can be licensed physicians. Then there are pure naturopaths that aren't licensed but tend to know a hell of alot more about wellness. I don't know what to say about online options and the programs available, but you can certainly look into it. You aren't going to be eligible to be a doctor, but you can get your doctorate in naturopathy. There is also an accredited university in CT if you are really serious where you can pursue your doctorate.

I totally hear ya, and if you're up for it it's worth arming yourself with info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#512 of 1043 Old 11-17-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefaery View Post
I take about 50 mg a day as I am deficient. You can take a peek and see what you think about this.
In what form do you take this? In the liquid I bought there are 2 mg in 2 teaspoons, which means it would take a lot to get to 50 mg! And it would be expensive. Are there other forms I can take?

Quote:
I'm in complete agreement. I would do a diet modification and use nutrient supplementation. I would also wonder about metals if it's chronic. Just FYI brewer's yeast and baker's yeast aren't the same as candida. There's alot of controversy over those indications. Where those your only issues on the IgG panel?

You can look at the pH info, that should be perfectly fine with your homeopath. Is she treating you? What's your remedy? Do you have any symtoms of gut issues or yeast? I'm assuming yes, but what are they? Has she suggested ANY dietary modification? What does your current diet look like? How do you feel?
I also tested positive to about 25 other things on the IgG panel and DD (who is EBF) tested positive to 7 things. I originally started all of this for DD, who reacts through breastmilk and has had mucousy, bloody diapers, nightwaking, screaming in pain, gas, and some eczema. She is much better but never fully got to baseline.

My current diet consists of quinoa, chicken (including broth), zucchini, squash, sea salt, olive oil, rooibus tea, stevia, and water kefir (with lemon). Occassionaly I will cheat and have things I "think" are safe but I have been on this particular diet for over a month. I have been on some version of a TED for 3-4 months. I plan to go to a rotation diet now that I have the ELISA test results.

I suspect yeast because I took birth control pills for 15+ years, had antibiotics numerous times for bronchitis, took steroids numerous times for asthma, took advair for asthma for years, had a c-section with antibiotics, etc. I also craved sugar all through my pregnancy and after I had DD. And after I had DD my LC thought I had a yeast infection due to pain when nursing and had me use GSE (both topically and orally) for a few months. I also oddly smell mold a lot (in different places). No idea why nor if this is related to anything.

Also, I noticed when I cut things out of my diet I felt significantly better in many ways. My terrible environmental allergies and asthma went away, I had less anxiety, and was overall less depressed and calmer. I definitely think some of that is at least related to what I was eating.

My homeopath is treating me and gave me lycopodium as my constitutional remedy. I have an appt on Wednesday to reevaluate. She also has been a little helpful with diet but has really just told me to keep doing what I'm doing. I will research and run ideas by her and she will tell me I can or can't do something. She says probiotics, CLO, and bone broth are good but has nixed everything else I suggested (like digestive enzymes). She is referring me to a nutritionist to help with the diet going forward.
#513 of 1043 Old 11-17-2008, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waluso View Post
In what form do you take this? In the liquid I bought there are 2 mg in 2 teaspoons, which means it would take a lot to get to 50 mg! And it would be expensive. Are there other forms I can take?
The one I use has 1 mg per drop. I also use another that has 5 mg per drop. The brands are bodybio and scientific medicinals.

I also tested positive to about 25 other things on the IgG panel and DD (who is EBF) tested positive to 7 things. I originally started all of this for DD, who reacts through breastmilk and has had mucousy, bloody diapers, nightwaking, screaming in pain, gas, and some eczema. She is much better but never fully got to baseline.
Is she on a remedy? You clearly have a leaky gut. I'm glad that you are being treated homeopathically and lyco is very common in people with gut issues. I'm glad she's referring you out to a nutritionist. Hopefully you can find a holistic nutritionist that can really understand this.

My current diet consists of quinoa, chicken (including broth), zucchini, squash, sea salt, olive oil, rooibus tea, stevia, and water kefir (with lemon). Occassionaly I will cheat and have things I "think" are safe but I have been on this particular diet for over a month. I have been on some version of a TED for 3-4 months. I plan to go to a rotation diet now that I have the ELISA test results.

I suspect yeast because I took birth control pills for 15+ years, had antibiotics numerous times for bronchitis, took steroids numerous times for asthma, took advair for asthma for years, had a c-section with antibiotics, etc. I also craved sugar all through my pregnancy and after I had DD. And after I had DD my LC thought I had a yeast infection due to pain when nursing and had me use GSE (both topically and orally) for a few months. I also oddly smell mold a lot (in different places). No idea why nor if this is related to anything.
I wonder if your dd is tongue tied. That contributes quite a bit to gut issues and also to pain/yeast at the breast.

Also, I noticed when I cut things out of my diet I felt significantly better in many ways. My terrible environmental allergies and asthma went away, I had less anxiety, and was overall less depressed and calmer. I definitely think some of that is at least related to what I was eating.
I'm sure! Glad you are feeling better!

My homeopath is treating me and gave me lycopodium as my constitutional remedy. I have an appt on Wednesday to reevaluate. She also has been a little helpful with diet but has really just told me to keep doing what I'm doing. I will research and run ideas by her and she will tell me I can or can't do something. She says probiotics, CLO, and bone broth are good but has nixed everything else I suggested (like digestive enzymes). She is referring me to a nutritionist to help with the diet going forward.

I wonder what's up with the digestive enzymes? hmmmmmmmm. Interesting. Is dd on, or has she ever been on probiotics?

#514 of 1043 Old 11-17-2008, 10:41 PM

Thanks FF, this is really helpful. DD is on a remedy, Sulfur, which I think has helped her some. I don't think she is tongue-tied. We were working with a great LC and the pain eventually went away. I had traumatized nipples in the beginning due to DD's poor latch and it took a long time to heal (and I used all purpose nipple ointment which I now regret - wonder if that contributed to her gut damage). DD has been on probiotics on and off, most recently off because i thought she might be reacting to them. I am going to start giving them to her again. We are using Kirkman Labs bifido complex. So what is your position on the digestive enzymes? My homeopath says that they are like conventional medicine and don't fix the problem which is why she didn't want us taking them.
#515 of 1043 Old 11-17-2008, 10:54 PM

I'm pro-enzyme. I don't think they are suppressive, they are helpers. But I am not trying to tell you to ignore your doc. It's very important that she knows what you are doing.

Most LC's aren't trained to assess posterior ties. Do you know why her latch was so bad in the beginning? If you look at the roof of her mouth is it wide and arched or pitched with a line down the center? Posterior ties are the ones that contribute to gut damage, classic (anterior) ties do not.

APNO can cause issues, but yeast is the biggie. APNO "treats" yeast (I believe two of the meds are antibacterial, one is a steroid and one is antifungal-but I could have that wrong.) but it sounds like it was there. Many mamas who have ductal or topical yeast have TT'd babes. Something to think about.

Sulphur is a pretty quick acting remedy. Hopefully you are seeing the picture clear.
#516 of 1043 Old 11-17-2008, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Most LC's aren't trained to assess posterior ties. Do you know why her latch was so bad in the beginning? If you look at the roof of her mouth is it wide and arched or pitched with a line down the center? Posterior ties are the ones that contribute to gut damage, classic (anterior) ties do not.
I was told the latch was strong and needed to be "organized." Not sure what that means but I would let her suck on my finger for a few seconds and then feed her and that seemed to help. Positioning and all was supposedly good and not the problem. I can't get a good look in her mouth but it feels pitched with a line down the center. What does this mean?
#517 of 1043 Old 11-17-2008, 11:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Try this. Next time she cries, see if her tongue rises to the roof of her mouth. Also, have you ever seen her stick her tongue out?

These were all things we noticed about ds but not until after his tt was dx. And I so wished we had known earlier.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#518 of 1043 Old 11-18-2008, 12:17 AM

Quote:
unfortunately you need someone competent helping you. I know that's been problematic for your family in terms of getting people on the same page.
i know this wasnt directed at me, but i hear it loud and clear. i was really hoping my holistic ped would have someone to recommend to me today, but alas....nobody. im just going to give one of the two homeopaths "near" us a shot and try to figure out how to get some sort of balance restored to my body.
your article on the symbiotic relationship between worms and people was interesting - i have read that before. i fully believe it. it just makes me wonder: are my yeast and parasites just moderately off balance and that is creating this huge swing of eosinophils or do i have some sort of scary helminth infestation? i dont want to treat the eos with something like gastrocrom or steroids without knowing if they are trying to protect me from something else.
#519 of 1043 Old 11-18-2008, 05:31 AM

Quote:
I'm in complete agreement. I would do a diet modification and use nutrient supplementation.
I was wondering what diet suggestions you would have for dealing with yeast. There are so many - from being religious about avoiding any type of carbs to having some grains but only certain ones. And then there is GAPS and SCD. And everybody says that their diet is the one. It is all a bit confusing and frustrating.
#520 of 1043 Old 11-18-2008, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I just read all 26 pages! So much to learn!
I was posting at the healing gut tribe, but I am going to try here since I was directed here:
My daughter was just diagnosed with leaky gut. She is 19 months old. Since she was a tiny babe, she has had rashes all over her body that come and go. They never bother her, but they look like yeast rashes. From my understanding, all the probiotics I was giving her were making the rashes worse. Is this right? Where do I begin to heal her leaky gut?
I was giving her raw 12-24 hour yogurt, and fermented veggies. But her rashes get worse and better on and off not always at the same time as her eating the probiotics. I was shocked that a baby would get leaky gut. We eat really good, following a pretty traditional food diet. I introduced foods around 7 months, and I was very careful about what it was when I did. But she had the rashes before then. Then I had her allergy tested, and she tested fine to dairy as long as it was raw, and wheat as long as it was soured (not sprouted funny thing). But we only eat raw dairy made into yogurt or kefir, or sourdough breads. So that couldn't be the culprit. The only other major allergy was cabbage. I ate tons of homemade sauerkraut while I was pregnant, and that was one of her first foods. I thought that it was really healthy, and I let her eat as much as she wanted (and she ate alot!)
I think that gave her the leaky gut, and I gave her the yeast. She has yeast issues, and because of her leaky gut, the probiotics never manage to get to her intestines where the yeast lies. I put her on a Standard Process supplemnt that is supposed to heal her gut, and it seemed to do wonders and the rashes cleared up for about a week. Then they came back worse than ever. Then my mother (a homeopath) gave my DD a remedy that has been clearing up the rashes slowly. I just feel like I am missing something.

My DD has also been a slow teether, and I learned that all the calcuim she was intaking, wasn't getting to the right places because of her leaky gut. After starting on the homeopathic remedy, she got 8 teeth in 2 weeks, and more are emerging.

We don't eat any of her other allergy foods such as sugar, honey, and soy so she should be getting better. What more do I do?

I am also dealing with yeast infection, and I follow a strict diet. Then I started taking a homepathic remedy too, and the yeast flared up terrible, and I got super sick (felt like I was dying), and then the infection went away. Then it came back after I finished a 1 week low dose of 30c and then I moved to a 200c of 2 doses. I am experiencing another die off, but not as bad. I just gave my DD 2 doses of a 200c after a 30c for 2 weeks, and am seeing minor changes.

Someone help! I feel like crawling into a hole. I have spent over $1000 on natropaths, and supplements for this yeast. We are only getting worse, and I feel like crap most of the time. I guess it is the yeast.
#521 of 1043 Old 11-18-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waluso View Post
I was told the latch was strong and needed to be "organized." Not sure what that means but I would let her suck on my finger for a few seconds and then feed her and that seemed to help. Positioning and all was supposedly good and not the problem. I can't get a good look in her mouth but it feels pitched with a line down the center. What does this mean?
A disorganized suckle can be one of two things....cranial issues (improper molding of the head during birth) or a tongue tie, generally posterior. A posterior tie prevents the tongue from reaching the palate and if it can't reach it cannot draw it down and spread it. This is also where peristalsis begins and if the tongue is anchored even a teeny bit that disorganization turns into incomplete peristalsis which prevents the proper flora from taking root. It also can create challenges with elimination.

Of interest here is that if the tongue is anchored and the tongue itself doesnt' have the proper motion it can create teeny tiny abrasions on mom's nipple which becomes a breeding ground for yeast. Couple that with the already compromised gut action and you have a baby that is going to be quite prone to yeast.

If her mouth has a pitched "roof" and you feel a line it means that she asn't able to draw and spread the palate. It also would indicate that there are possible gut issues. Depending on the pitch it could also mean that the babe has a tendency towards mucus in the sinuses and throat.
#522 of 1043 Old 11-18-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAmama View Post
I was wondering what diet suggestions you would have for dealing with yeast. There are so many - from being religious about avoiding any type of carbs to having some grains but only certain ones. And then there is GAPS and SCD. And everybody says that their diet is the one. It is all a bit confusing and frustrating.
It is confusing and frustrating. Not everyone has the same body chemistry or the same root cause for the yeast. There is no ONE diet. There may be a one diet for YOU, but that's different. It is going to depend on what is going on inside you. Why do you have the yeast? Is it due to antibiotic overuse? Is it because of an overly processed diet? Is it because of the particular action of your gut? Is it because you have metals?

Those diets are widely used because they have merit. They will all work for various people. Unfortunately you are not a machine, you are a human beign with a unique history and while it's great to have an understanding of all of this you really need to address this in an individualized way.

A baby that isn't gaining weight on breastmilk needs help. Most ped's would prescribe formula supplementation. However if we look at the baby and not the charts we can see any number of things. Perhaps the baby has poor transfer, perhaps the baby has food allergies, perhaps mama has a low supply, perhaps she has an overactive milk ejection reflex and baby is nursing defensively, perhaps the baby is refluxing and isn't keeping the milk down etc. etc. etc. All can be treated, but none of the treatments are the same. What works for baby A will only work for baby B if they have the same uderlying issue. The yeast situation is no different. If you have a yeast problem al the greatest protocols in the world ain't gonna touch it if they are missing YOUR problem. It isnt' an easy answer, but we aren't machines.
#523 of 1043 Old 11-18-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
A disorganized suckle can be one of two things....cranial issues (improper molding of the head during birth) or a tongue tie, generally posterior. A posterior tie prevents the tongue from reaching the palate and if it can't reach it cannot draw it down and spread it. This is also where peristalsis begins and if the tongue is anchored even a teeny bit that disorganization turns into incomplete peristalsis which prevents the proper flora from taking root. It also can create challenges with elimination.

Of interest here is that if the tongue is anchored and the tongue itself doesnt' have the proper motion it can create teeny tiny abrasions on mom's nipple which becomes a breeding ground for yeast. Couple that with the already compromised gut action and you have a baby that is going to be quite prone to yeast.

If her mouth has a pitched "roof" and you feel a line it means that she asn't able to draw and spread the palate. It also would indicate that there are possible gut issues. Depending on the pitch it could also mean that the babe has a tendency towards mucus in the sinuses and throat.
Thank you so much! So I take it she may have a posterior tongue tie. How is that fixed? Is it still a problem if at 6 months she is breastfeeding ok? Who do I see about this, her pediatrician?
#524 of 1043 Old 11-18-2008, 01:25 PM

you have several option and I'll let you talk to Chlobo too. However if you DO approach a ped then you need to do so with the article written for the AAP on hand. VERY few people are trained in dealing with this. Most docs who are willing to learn can do so with the help of the article and over the phone with the doc who wrote it (she's an absolute doll.)

If you were interested in getting it clipped you may want to find someone near you (where are you?) that has some experience. The problem is that once the clip is made a band often pops out and that needs clipping too. Someone who doesn't have a ton of experience can be too tentative. IF it's not fully clipped it can reattach.

6 months is not too late and can prevent alot of the other things associated with TT. Chronic sinus issues, dental issues and sleep apnea being the biggies. However just so you know the people on the forefront of this who have worked with it quite a bit and are writing case studies believe (rightly so, I think) that food allergies, thrush, and reflux are ultimately a result of undiagnosed posterior ties.

It tends to get more pronounced with each subsequent child (as mom's nutrient levels are challenged) and is often associated with other minor midline defects. It all does go back to nutrition.
#525 of 1043 Old 11-18-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
you have several option and I'll let you talk to Chlobo too. However if you DO approach a ped then you need to do so with the article written for the AAP on hand. VERY few people are trained in dealing with this. Most docs who are willing to learn can do so with the help of the article and over the phone with the doc who wrote it (she's an absolute doll.)

If you were interested in getting it clipped you may want to find someone near you (where are you?) that has some experience. The problem is that once the clip is made a band often pops out and that needs clipping too. Someone who doesn't have a ton of experience can be too tentative. IF it's not fully clipped it can reattach.

6 months is not too late and can prevent alot of the other things associated with TT. Chronic sinus issues, dental issues and sleep apnea being the biggies. However just so you know the people on the forefront of this who have worked with it quite a bit and are writing case studies believe (rightly so, I think) that food allergies, thrush, and reflux are ultimately a result of undiagnosed posterior ties.

It tends to get more pronounced with each subsequent child (as mom's nutrient levels are challenged) and is often associated with other minor midline defects. It all does go back to nutrition.
Do you have a link to the AAP article you reference above? I will show it to DD's pediatrician and see what she says. I am in the San Francisco bay area. Any recommendations as to where I could go to get it clipped (assuming that's the problem)? And I'm a little confused as to the relationship to nutrition. Can poor nutrition somehow cause the tongue tie, or does the tongue tie just exacerbate the problems caused by poor nutrition?
#526 of 1043 Old 11-18-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
I wonder if my youngest had this problem. He sometimes slipped off his latch when he as an infant. The boys and I all have pitched roofs with a line down the center.

eta: ds's bottom front teeth are very crooked, angling in at 45 degrees.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#527 of 1043 Old 11-18-2008, 03:06 PM

TT is currently thought to be tied to vitamin A and folate. Clearly the mother's nutritional stores (prior to and in pregnancy) will affect the outcome. The tongue separates from the floor of the mouth in the first trimester so nutrient stores prior to pregnancy are really a big deal. People rarely replenish their stores between babies-hence the higher incidence in subsequent children.

Some people have higher needs for these nutrients than others.

I will find the article. I have it in pdf format, but I want to say it's also on kellymom.

http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns...tonguetie.html

it's the professional info and the one you want is from elizabeth coryllos.

here's another site that talks about the impact of an unclipped tie.

http://www.brianpalmerdds.com/Default.htm
#528 of 1043 Old 11-18-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
TT is currently tied to vitamin A and folate. Clearly the mother's nutritional stores (prior to and in pregnancy) will affect the outcome. The tongue separates from the floor of the mouth in the first trimester so nutrient stores prior to pregnancy are really a big deal. People rarely replenish their stores between babies-hence the higher incidence in subsequent children.

Some people have higher needs for these nutrients than others.

I will find the article. I have it in pdf format, but I want to say it's also on kellymom.

http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns...tonguetie.html

it's the professional info and the one you want is from elizabeth coryllos.

here's another site that talks about the impact of an unclipped tie.

http://www.brianpalmerdds.com/Default.htm
Wow, after reading up on this a bit I really think this may be one of our problems. Thank you so much for raising this issue! Just when I think I have it all figured out, I learn something new (that I never would have found if not for the forum).

For mammo2sammo, I also found a good link on the forums: https://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=833815
#529 of 1043 Old 11-18-2008, 03:43 PM

Wow, I just read through some of the threads linked through that initial thread. There is some scary bad info. Tongue toe left unclipped is NOT just a nursing problem! Yikes.

I did an inservice with Dr Coryllos in 2006. The ultrasounds of babies nursing with ties and the case studies of adults with unresolved ties speak for themselves. I also was able to witness clippings during the inservice and see the change in function even before cranial work. IMO noone should blow off tongue ties.
#530 of 1043 Old 11-18-2008, 03:59 PM

FF- Do you know of any drs in or near San Franciso who are experienced with this issue?
#531 of 1043 Old 11-18-2008, 05:18 PM

not off the top of my head, but I can peek.

I will say that most are hesitant to do it once the babe has teeth. Just to throw that out there. I will also say that I have known several people that have had their kids clipped as old as 4 years. Plenty get clipped even older than that! What I will stress (and what is under-recommended) is that if/when you do it follow up structural work is ESSENTIAL to optimize the use and function of correct muscles. While you are looking for a doc (and I will look too) please also look for a really great craniosacral therapist.
#532 of 1043 Old 11-18-2008, 11:06 PM

i have never even heard of a posterior tongue tie. i had no idea tts were so prevalent or that they impacted gi function like that!
#533 of 1043 Old 11-18-2008, 11:51 PM

I was intrigued by this research and this thread, so I asked my godmother about her experiences.

She has one child with mild allergies, a second child with SEVERE allergies - poor kid can barely eat anything - and a third child with no allergies.

It looks like she's the "outlier" here. Her first birth was natural, hospital. Her second birth (the child with the most severe allergies) was a completely natural home birth. And the third child (the one with no allergies or any other issues) was a c-section in a hospital.

First special delivery - April 2010 :
#534 of 1043 Old 11-19-2008, 12:27 AM

How cow! I am tongue tied! I had no idea. I thought it was normal. I am not the extreme version, but I definately have it. My oldest son and husband are fine. My youngest is worse than me. His tongue is a little heart shaped. As a young baby, he would occasionally slip off my breast when nursing. I asked my pedi about it, and I pointed out the shape of his tongue. My son was able to stick his tongue out beyond his lip, so the pedi said he was fine, no tongue tie. argh. oh yeah, I think I mentioned this before, but the pictures in the presentation reminded me, my son's front bottom teeth came in really crooked.

I always just thought it was normal to have some pain when sticking out my tongue.

Oh yeah, my mother stopped nursing me at two weeks because I gave her small cuts all around her nipples. Maybe tongue tie was part of this.

I haven't read all of the articles yet. I want to learn more about how this affects your digestive system as a toddler and as an adult. Also, how do you go about considering fixing this?

Both of my boys and I have high arched roofs and a line down the middle.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#535 of 1043 Old 11-19-2008, 12:28 AM

FF, thank you for the reply on diets. I have more questions, but will come back later with that.

So, dd's bottom teeth point to the inside - only very slightly. I don't know what is normal for arches, but I know hers isn't like mine. It does seem high and it feels like it has a bit of a ridge. Her top teeth are very nicely spaced though. I do think she has a narrow face, but not as narrow as some of her friends. She can also stick her tongue out pretty far and lick a spoon. And she seems to be able to lift her tongue to "try and touch her nose", if that makes sense. We also didn't have trush until she was a year and a half. Sometimes she seems to have a "lazy" latch - almost latching "shallow", but most times, especially when she really is hungry or tired, she latches fine. When she was a newborn she nursed with "fish lips" (I don't know how else to describe it) for a day, but quickly learned how to latch right. Clearly I have no idea what is going on. I looked at tongue tie so many times in the past and still can't figure it out.

We live in China and there is no ped here. We do work with a US MD who has seen all kinds of weird things. I asked him to look at her once and he said she looks fine, that he has seen them really bad. If it is something he can do on a dining room table he might do it. But, obviously no cranio-sacral therapist here. We are leaving for the US for two months soon, would that be enough time to do it? And, there is a ped in the city we fly out of. Would it be a good idea to have something like this done two days before 24 hours of travelling?

I honestly don't know where I would find a ped in the US (North Idaho) to help. I really don't know what to do here.
#536 of 1043 Old 11-19-2008, 01:09 AM

If you could get in three times a week or so it would be great.

I think we should start looking now! Post in the finding your tribe area and start contacting IBCLC's so you can find one with experience with POSTERIOR ties and see if they have any rec's for docs in that area who have experience clipping. That is if that's what you want to do.
#537 of 1043 Old 11-19-2008, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post
How cow! I am tongue tied! I had no idea. I thought it was normal. I am not the extreme version, but I definately have it. My oldest son and husband are fine. My youngest is worse than me. His tongue is a little heart shaped. As a young baby, he would occasionally slip off my breast when nursing. I asked my pedi about it, and I pointed out the shape of his tongue. My son was able to stick his tongue out beyond his lip, so the pedi said he was fine, no tongue tie. argh. oh yeah, I think I mentioned this before, but the pictures in the presentation reminded me, my son's front bottom teeth came in really crooked.

I always just thought it was normal to have some pain when sticking out my tongue.

Oh yeah, my mother stopped nursing me at two weeks because I gave her small cuts all around her nipples. Maybe tongue tie was part of this.

I haven't read all of the articles yet. I want to learn more about how this affects your digestive system as a toddler and as an adult. Also, how do you go about considering fixing this?

Both of my boys and I have high arched roofs and a line down the middle.
honestly when you are older and there are no speech issues, no recurrent sinus issues, no reflux I don't know what lengths I'd go to to correct. I am not certain if clipping in adulthood would change digestive function.

What this does is alter your digestive system and elimination. If you have incomplete or partial peristalsis the gut cannot function properly. In theory clipping even in toddlerhood could create a change, but I'm not certain if that is true into adulthood and I'm not sure if anyone has looked at that.

So as an adult you could be clipped. It would be up to you and I would recommend talking to Dr. Coryllos to see if she has any insights. I can ask around too. I do know that one of the IBCLC's that is writing the case studies on this is getting hers clipped to see if it does help with her gut function and sleep apnea....but no details until it's done.

Yes, pain with nursing is a huge indication for tongue tie.
#538 of 1043 Old 11-19-2008, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilamama View Post
babblingbrook i hope that you can figure out how to help your little ones.

i think that the healing the gut tribe and the sticky called the healing the gut cheat sheet in health and healing would be really helpful for you.

also in my experience eliminating allergins "as much as possible" is not enough. it usually needs to be 110%.
Thank you so much! I will take a look at the cheat sheet because frankly I am overwhelmed and don't know where to start!
I agree about eliminating allergens completely. We are dairy free at home, unfortunately DD2 still accidentally gets dairy at preschool and boy do we pay for it when that happens!
#539 of 1043 Old 11-19-2008, 10:40 AM

I am so very frustrated here w/ the yeast. I had a few (small) slip ups this weekend-and I am majorly paying for it(like 3 sips of sprite and some pancakes WITHOUT syrup. It really, really, stinks. So, the last 2 days I have been extra good about my triggers so I am having massive die- off and have felt like hell. I have been taking some epsom salt baths though and that takes the edge off.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#540 of 1043 Old 11-19-2008, 03:45 PM

hmm... so much to think about.

my dd1 and my dh can only stick their tongues out a little. my dd2 and i can stick them out really far.

for dd2 and i, i beleive that the allergies were caused by over use of antibiotics. IV at her birth, then a week later for a UTI, then a year later for a breast infection. (mastitis) we are both gfcf.

dd1 and dh also both have similar allergies.

dd1 is almost 5 1/2 and since starting on enzymes this summer, has stopped being sensitive to sugar (she gets a lolly made with cane sugar once a week and has had half a toffee one time and no breakdowns or exhaustion resulting). She is able to have chocolate once in a while without getting diarea. She still cant do corn and we have not tried dairy, wheat or soy and dont have plans to in the near future.

Do you think that clipping the tongue would be something to look into for her?

Also if my yeast was caused by over use of abx (and my spit was clean of yeast during my last pregnancy although I was gbs +) is it clear which diet would be the appropriate one?

after i get the house cleaned up, i will have to read those links.

but... i think my dds both have great teeth, nicely spaced etc... i am very proud of that.

ETA: when I started the enzymes and GSE between meals I was really only wanting to eat raw food. I also got a head cold, (scratchy ears and throat and runny nose) which comes back a little when I take them and then fades in about an hour. Makes me think I am ready to up my dose. But also interesting from the pt of view of herrings law. perhaps it is detox starting in the head.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page