My research: CSS - c-section syndrome (causing allergies) - Page 22 - Mothering Forums

#631 of 1043 Old 11-24-2008, 08:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Dairy is highly correlated with asthma and ear infections, gut inflammation, etc. And behavioral issues such as agitation, irritability, restless sleep, sensory seeking and aggression. btdt, We've been able to find non-dairy substitutes for all of our favorite foods. ADDing alternatives is much easier than restricting or living with allergens, ime.

We do smoothies for sweet and puddings and yogurts with fruits. And cookies, muffins and cakes with dates and raisins as the natural sweetener. And alternate grains.

Also, I assume you are avoiding artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives?

Nutrient maximization is another focus. I really like the "World's Healthiest Foods" site for information about nutrient dense foods that we can easily ADD to our diet. Whole foods and simplicity are my priorities. http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php

Pat

I have a blog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#632 of 1043 Old 11-24-2008, 08:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
I just wrote this elsewhere and wanted to share.

I am an advocate for staying the course by promoting gut health, rather than "attacking" gut imbalances. But, philosophically, everyone is in a different place.

I honestly feel that traditionally, we did do parasite and bacterial cleanses either through inadvertent ingestion of antiparasitics and antibacterials, or through huge, celebratory probiotic rich (fermented) foods.

So, the natural antiparasitics and natural antibacterials, such as GSE, garlic, black walnut hulls, wormwood, clove, raw pumpkin seeds, fennel, thyme, sage, goldenseal, oregano, water, salt, essential oils: cinnamon, lemongrass, thyme, peppermint, lavender, coriander; olive leaf extracts, vit C, onion, allspice, tarragon, cummin; capsicums, including chilies and other hot peppers; black and white pepper, ginger, anise seed, celery seed, and the juices of lemons and limes; cranberries, myrrh, tumeric, echinacea, licorice root, Pau d'arco, rosemary, basil, mint, anise, dandeline, honey, probiotics, etc. are ubiquitous.

As you can see, in our every day foods, we consume herbs and spices with natural (inadvertent) antiparasitic and antibacterial properties. Including those liberally is done in most cultures. The American diet has no food "culture" beyond processed, pasteurized, and convenience.

Food is the more natural path to health, I believe.

I also believe that small amounts of kombucha is beneficial. I give it to ds in 2-3 ounces, diluted with juice and water. I also give him water kefir, diluted with juice and water. And Bubbies pickles, and bottled probiotics. But, I'm not a fan of the bottled probiotics. That is my "exception", due to him receiving antibiotics at birth.

I trust that ADDing health is easier than restricting foods.

Pat
Thank you for that comprehensive list of antiparisitic and antibacterials. We do a lot of these pretty frequently. I am a big fan of spices, especially with so many other restrictions it makes life more interesting. Oh, and thanks for reminding me about the Bubbie's pickles I can actually get these locally and it is something that dh will actually eat(and it is actually cheaper than me making them this time of year). I am working on getting the water kefir just right (either it is too alcoholic or too flat) so dh can drink that as well(he is kind of picky). I have started ingesting raw garlic for myself and the Pau d' Arco tea as well- although the tea is horribly nasty w/o honey. Our path may not be entirely natural, but I am at peace w/ it. I have worked hard trying to eat just right and especially during my last pregnancy tried to keep everything just perfect, yet I still struggled w/ yeast constantly. I am ready to try a new approach and weary of it all.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#633 of 1043 Old 11-24-2008, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Classical homeopathy! :
Classical homeopathy cured dh's allergies and asthma.

What about non-dairy yogurt and kefir? (~I say, as they all roll their eyes at my redundancy)

Have you added "Healing the Gut" alternatives with CO, bone broths, magnesium, liver, green juicing, etc? https://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=434071

Pat
I'll second this. In the past few weeks I have witnessed asthma attacks stopped in their tracks with homeopathy. I haven't seen "cure" yet, but that does often take more than a visit or a dose. Regardless a remedy is better than meds IMO! My ds has anaphylactic reactions that are stopped with his remedy. The swelling, breathing difficulty and rashes are stopped in their tracks. We carry an epi-pen but have never needed it.

Have you tried coconut milk yogurt? I find it tastes the same as "regular" dairy yogurt. When people say they've tried all the alternatives that rarely includes this option which is the tastiest IMO.

I'll also second the healing foods. You will accomplish so much by boosting nutrition!

I will also throw in the necessity for strict avoidance *at this point* of triggers. Imperative. I would definitely think about both gluten and dairy as often they go hand in hand in terms of being the big trouble makers. Hope that isn't too overwhelming. Stick around regardless and join the ranks. Hopefully you can get some help.

#634 of 1043 Old 11-24-2008, 08:43 PM

DD (seasonalish allergies and asthma...this is not my yeastie child) - she avoids dairy *except* for dairy yogurt and butter. Should we cut this out? She already avoids gluten and fakes (sweeteners, colors, flavors, preservatives, etc.). When she had allergy testing done last year, the only thing that popped (mildly) was wheat. Since we're restricting after she's developed a 'taste' for things, it is harder to have her avoid things. Generally, she does ok, especially if friends with restrictions are with her...but she has a hard time resisting a cookie or piece of bagel, even if we're well prepared with acceptable substitutes.

DS is my yeastie guy, who had horrid GI stuff when an infant. After 6m he was fine until thrush reared its head at 9m. He has a low dairy and gluten diet because of the restrictions on my and DDs diets.

I am generally avoiding all my food no-nos, but suspect that I will cheat over the holidays...that's why I'm putting off the Threelac until the new year. I'm in the unfortunate position where I can't eat avacado or banana (to name a couple) that are often the base of great smoothies and alternative puddings and pies. I've used soy, but that seems to upset my stomach, too. Any other ideas for substitute bases?

Otherwise, I guess we need to deal with the cheating.

Generally, our diet is very whole foods oriented...and in some ways it makes changes even harder for me.
#635 of 1043 Old 11-24-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Do you know about the Sue Gregg blender batter method of soaking whole grains? It is our delicious and easy whole grain favorite! : http://www.suegregg.com/recipes/brea...erwafflesA.htm

What about honey butter as a topping? Or a fruit compote?

Pat
We have used the blender batter a lot in the past, but not recently. I'm not the biggest fan of the recipe. Right now I have a gf/cf recipe that the whole family likes, so that shouldn't be so much of an issue- I really appreciate the thought though.
Quote:
I'm going to steal the sausage for breakfast idea for dh.

What about a green juice, or smoothie with kefir for breakfast? We add soaked almonds and raw milk and coconut oil. Not sure if that is allowed, though.

Pat
Oh, goodness, dh will not go for that. I drink green juice daily and so far I haven't even got im to take a sip. I am trying to get him to start drinking the water kefir regularly, but he isn't yet. He really cannot do smoothies either. I am working on making up a menu plan for him though. His lunch and supper are good it is just snacks and b'fast we have to work on- I was looking at his oatmeal today it has 32 g of sugar per serving and he has 4 at a time when he eats it. He had gotten better about things, but obviously not lately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilamama View Post
how do you guys think a yeast killer like nystatin would work if a person was not really strict about diet (dh avoids dairy and too much fruit b/c those make him sick but other things like wheat not so much) but took enzymes ith meals?

Also when i went to the dr she gave me a perscription for nystatin but did not tell me dosage. I am not taking it so it doesnt matter, but I have no idea how much dh should take. How much are you/have you taken?

I am just doing enzymes and GSE.

Crunchy_mama how have you gotten thrush under control in the past?
I am wondering how this will work for dh as well. I know he has to do this for himself in the end, but I also know that I need him to do this.

My nystatin states 3 x a day dosage- after meals!

In the past when I had thrush I would take a solution of 1 T apple cider vinegar per cup of water and rub it on my nipples before and after feeding. I dissolved 1t of baking soda in some hot water- let it cool and rubbed it around Lily's mouth. This is what the midwife suggested I do and it worked like a charm for us.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#636 of 1043 Old 11-24-2008, 08:53 PM

FF, I have not tried the coconut yogurt. I'm sure I'll love it, as I do most things coconut. The hardest thing for me...butter. Seriously, I could eat a stick of it. At this point, dairy yogurt and butter are the only dairy items for DD, DS, and me.

I'm committed to doing this stuff, and we're already doing much of it. I'd like to get DS on board before he starts school next August so we avoid some of the issues that DD has encountered (ie, seeing something she knows she likes, but not being able to have it...I'd rather he know that what he has is yummy and it will not hurt him.)

DH is the most difficult. He's always skeptical, but thus far has realized when things work. It is convincing him that DD having one dairy/wheat-based cookie will set her back. Doing things the alternative way for folks who do not do it that way...is work.
#637 of 1043 Old 11-24-2008, 09:00 PM

No avocado and no banana is difficult! I definitely wouldn't do soy anything.

We live consensually, so ds chooses his own foods. Although, I work very hard to find alternatives, and we have a much broader diet.

What about oat flour and dates/raisins? There are a lot of yummy recipes with those included. And nut butter and nut cheeses? Sorry, if I am remember wrong. You can add spices, garlic, etc. and spread on gluten free crackers. Ds loves these. Think I'll go make some.

We freely have "sweets" here, but they are mostly agave based and dates, again. Proactively providing a lot of alternatives helps. But, other folk's foods are exciting for ds to try. Like we do "ice cream" often, mostly yogurts and sorbet. So, it doesn't have the draw of "forbidden fruit".

What about unsweetened applesauce as a base? And pectin, if she isn't corn intolerant. I just read something about pectin and corn.

I'll keep thinking.

Is the dairy raw? What about goat's milk dairy, instead. And I'd definitely consider coconut yogurt as a fabulous alternative!

Pat

I have a blog.
#638 of 1043 Old 11-24-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy_mama View Post
Oh, goodness, dh will not go for that. I drink green juice daily and so far I haven't even got im to take a sip.
What about apple, celery, lemon, and beet juice? It is delicious and nutritious and red.

What about pineapple, banana, yogurt/kefir, coconut oil "milk shake"? Or raw cacao, raw eggs, vanilla, coconut oil "chocolate shake"? There are a bunch of options in that other thread: https://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=999781

What fruit does he like? And perhaps make a maximized fruit juice.

Pat

I have a blog.
#639 of 1043 Old 11-24-2008, 09:10 PM

I'm sorry this is slightly confusing as we're dealing with three different people. I'm actually the one with the most food restrictions (about half of the latex-related foods bother me...hence, the no avocados or bananas). I don't know why I didn't think of apple sauce (no sugar, mostly home made in our house)...but it still doesn't provide the consistency of the banana or avacado.

As for DD, we are similar in the consensual living (although, we're not consensual, many of the ways that I deal with my children are). Eating at home is not the problem. We use gluten free and such here...although we've yet to try a nut cheese. That is worth it! For DD, who is four, it is out of the house that is the difficulty (if she is to avoid all her triggers). She does OK at school since a close friend has a similar diet. But if she's offered something elsewhere, she can have difficulty resisting some foods.

Off to find some nut cheeses!
#640 of 1043 Old 11-24-2008, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbegonias View Post

Off to find some nut cheeses!
Here is our simple recipe. Made in the food processor or blender.
1 cup nuts
1-3 cloves garlic
salt and pepper
1 lemon juiced
+/- 1/4 cup water to make creamy

We've used cashew nuts and Brazil nuts. Both are mild in flavor. Brazil nuts are high in selenium though; and we can't eat a bunch, regularly. The daily "maximum" is two.

I've heard that almonds, walnuts, cashews, pistachios, hazelnuts, peanuts and pecans make great nut butters. These will stay fresh for up to one week in an airtight jar in the refrigerator.

Pecans and walnuts have a higher healthy fat content than almonds, making for more of a light and buttery texture. Pecans will impart more sweetness, than walnuts will. If you soak nuts before eating them, just be sure that they are completely dry before you blend or process them. Soaking increases the nutritional benefits.

Sometimes if the nut mixture looks a little dry or grainy after being blended a while, add about a tablespoon of oil (usually flaxseed, or sunflower, grapeseed oil; olive oil would taste too overpowering), and blend a little longer.

You can stir in bits of fruit, chocolate, herbs, spices, citrus, onions, ginger, peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, cinnamon, mint, chives, cream cheese, Parmesan, etc.

Pat

I have a blog.
#641 of 1043 Old 11-24-2008, 10:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
DD (4yo) passed the spit test with flying colors. However, she has food intolerances and seasonal allergies, as well as an asthmatic cough (we're thinking herbs to help this). She restricts dairy and gluten, but 'cheats' every few days for a treat. DD also has irritability. We see someone (who my DH refers to as 'our faith healer') for chranio-sacral...and this helps her behavior issues a ton. She also takes fish oil and probiotics. When her allergies are really bad, she take Zyrtec.
Irritability can be a sign of food intolerance. I agree with the others -- cheating every few days is not helping your DD's situation. If you take some of the triggers out of her "allergy barrel", the it's possible that her immune system will have a chance to fend off the ones that are left. But if she's got environmental and food triggers, and she's getting them both, then her "barrel" is overflowing and her body can't heal itself. I've taken out foods over and over again with DS (as we find out new triggers). I tell him if he ever wants a chance to eat everything again, that he has to stick to the diet, and he does (unless we get contaminated somehow). He has his own lunch at school every day, he has snacks for when there's a special occasion at school. His friends' parents know not to feed him without asking first. He's 8yo and he knows his safe food list. My DD, who is 3.5 yo, also knows her food list, and will not eat a food that she's not allowed to (in the last 6 months, she's probably stolen food once -- which was last week -- a chocolate chip cookie).

I also second the coconut milk yogurt idea. It's delicious. It can be used in baked goods, you can make it into a sweet or savory dip, you can use it as a base for smoothies, etc. My DD loves it. We can also have the So Decadent coconut milk ice cream (sweetened with agave). There are lots of foods that she CAN have. You need to make that clear to her.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#642 of 1043 Old 11-25-2008, 03:04 AM

we started eliminating my dd's allergies when she was 3 and i always emphasized, you dont want to get diarea in school or wet the bed right? this was neccesary in the beginning. Now her teachers think she is too like freaked out not to eat an allergin b/c they gave her the wrong bread one day and she brushed the crumbs off her plate. i was so proud.

thanks for all the advice everyone, esp Pat. Why are you not so into GSE? I am really only using it over other things b/c I had it in the house. And I am taking my probiotics seperately from it so I am glad that is not a worry.

I am ordering a juicer, i have been craving raw juiced things. it is a gift from my mom so I have no reason not to. (Except for lack of space, and one more thing to wash ).
#643 of 1043 Old 11-25-2008, 11:31 AM

Not WuWei, but I don't love GSE as it's not a natural product. There are better ways in my book to deal with yeast. It has been shown that the reason GSE works isn't because of the GSE, it's due to the chemical preservatives in it. Take those out and GSE doesn't make a dent. So, while others may use it and not have an issue *I* just prefer not to.
#644 of 1043 Old 11-25-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefaery View Post
Not WuWei, but I don't love GSE as it's not a natural product. There are better ways in my book to deal with yeast. It has been shown that the reason GSE works isn't because of the GSE, it's due to the chemical preservatives in it. Take those out and GSE doesn't make a dent. So, while others may use it and not have an issue *I* just prefer not to.

Ewe, gross.

So this post begs the question, what ways do *you* think are better to deal with yeast?
#645 of 1043 Old 11-25-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:

DS and I definitely have some yeast busting to do. I'm thinking of going on Threelac after the holidays, and using oregano oil for DS on his feet.

I'm hesitant to take OoO myself as DS is nursing, but see that folks give it to nurslings. What's the difference? Could I take it, too?
OoO can diminish supply. IF you are nursing you run the risk of a significant drop in your breastmilk. That's the big issue.

We are ultra sensitive and I have a low supply to begin with so while I love OoO in theory I do not use it and won't until we are done nursing. HTH.
#646 of 1043 Old 11-25-2008, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefaery View Post
I agree with this, but I've heard this refuted also. It is a processed product, that we can agree on.

I'm a whole foods advocate.

Pat

I have a blog.
#647 of 1043 Old 11-25-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilamama View Post

So this post begs the question, what ways do *you* think are better to deal with yeast?
Probiotics. Probiotics. Probiotics through whole foods. Cultured and fermented foods.

And natural antiparasitics and natural antibacterials, such as garlic, black walnut hulls, wormwood, clove, raw pumpkin seeds, fennel, thyme, sage, goldenseal, oregano, water, salt, essential oils: cinnamon, lemongrass, thyme, peppermint, lavender, coriander; olive leaf extracts, vit C, onion, allspice, tarragon, cumin; capsicums, including chilies and other hot peppers; black and white pepper, ginger, anise seed, celery seed, and the juices of lemons and limes; cranberries, myrrh, turmeric, echinacea, licorice root, Pau d'arco, rosemary, basil, mint, anise, dandelion, honey, probiotics, etc. are ubiquitous.

HTH, Pat

I have a blog.
#648 of 1043 Old 11-25-2008, 01:43 PM

I gotta ask how do you intake the hulls of black walnuts? We eat copious amount of the nuts, but I don't have a clue what to do with the husks.

#649 of 1043 Old 11-25-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy_mama View Post
I gotta ask how do you intake the hulls of black walnuts? We eat copious amount of the nuts, but I don't have a clue what to do with the husks.
They put them in capsule form. http://www.curezone.com/cleanse/parasites/default.asp

ETA: Caution, some of the herbs affect nursing and have toxic levels to be aware of.

Pat

I have a blog.
#650 of 1043 Old 11-25-2008, 02:10 PM

Ok, I'm going to work on the 'cheating' issue with DD, DH, and my parents over this long weekend (these are her primary caretakers, beyond school...which isn't a problem). I think DH (and possibly DD) is starting to get it...that things can hurt her even if they don't cause immediate pain.

I'm all over the coconut milk ice cream. That stuff rocks!

FF, thanks for answering my OoO question. I think once we're on a better cash cycle, and I'm not being so drained by work and the holidays, I'll buy and use the OoO for DS. I'm undecided about me...I've always been an over supply gal, so it mostly whether or not it would interfere negatively with the Threelac.

Thanks all!
#651 of 1043 Old 11-25-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Probiotics. Probiotics. Probiotics through whole foods. Cultured and fermented foods.

And natural antiparasitics and natural antibacterials, such as garlic, black walnut hulls, wormwood, clove, raw pumpkin seeds, fennel, thyme, sage, goldenseal, oregano, water, salt, essential oils: cinnamon, lemongrass, thyme, peppermint, lavender, coriander; olive leaf extracts, vit C, onion, allspice, tarragon, cumin; capsicums, including chilies and other hot peppers; black and white pepper, ginger, anise seed, celery seed, and the juices of lemons and limes; cranberries, myrrh, turmeric, echinacea, licorice root, Pau d'arco, rosemary, basil, mint, anise, dandelion, honey, probiotics, etc. are ubiquitous.

HTH, Pat
Okay, so, do you think that we sometimes need to take these things in forms of tinctures and teas and supplements? Or do you mean we should just get most of it through food?

How do you know what to try, or do you just try one, then another? I have heard that you should rotate them.
#652 of 1043 Old 11-25-2008, 02:47 PM

Have you ever seen someone cook when what they are making is part of their culture? When they are making a dish passed down through their family that is rich in history? It has a whole different energy and feeling to it. They put themselves into the recipe and ever aspect, from the preparation, to the creation, to the sharing is magical. That's what needs to happen.

This is where kitchen witchery to some extent enters into the picture. Dishes were said to have properties and powers. Now, they may not have said, "this dish is full of oregano and garlic and therefore antifungal" but they MAY have talked about it being healing and nourishing-which of course it would be! Eating traditionally in many ways (for those lucky to have done it their whole lives) created health.

*I* think it's better to take them in food and in traditional cooking they would be rotated naturally as different dishes are prepared, but they wouldn't all be used. Does that make sense? The spices/foods that would have been used would have been best suited to the issues of that particular region. *I* think the best bet is to use local foods and apply ancient wisdom.

I also wanted to say (in the spirit of ancient wisdom-and bear with me those who have heard me say it before) that an entirely different chemical cascade happens when you are in gratitude when you eat. There are many that theorize that our issues aren't as much about the lack of nutrients in the processed food we eat as they are about the lack of connection with which we eat it. When you eat with loved ones, together in appreciation for the food and with a connection to how it was gathered (from the farm-CSA's, favorite stores even) prepared (from scratch-with love!) you actually increase oxytocin production. This in turn creates a whole biochemical cascade that allows food to be digested more easily and effectively. That will not be the case if we eat in a rush, on the go, not liking the food or having negative emotions around it. All the more reason to appreciate what you have, break bread with friends and focus on the wonderful things you are able to eat!
#653 of 1043 Old 11-25-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmine View Post
Okay, so, do you think that we sometimes need to take these things in forms of tinctures and teas and supplements? Or do you mean we should just get most of it through food?

How do you know what to try, or do you just try one, then another? I have heard that you should rotate them.
I believe that when we eat a varied and whole foods diet, that we will enjoy health. So, we just add these different herbs, spices, teas, and foods into our food preparations, normally. Concurrently, we add varied whole food probiotic sources with cultured and fermented foods. The body is amazing!!

I was sitting in the sun one day while eating, and felt awed that our body takes a whole food and converts it to energy and health!! That awe and trust in the ability of the body, is more practical than dissecting which amounts of which herbs to include on which days, imo.

The worry and dis-ease is worse for the body (cortisol dumping, adrenal fatigue inducing, hormone imbalancing, STRESS, etc.), than eating the "wrong" thing, I believe. I'm generally not a "moderation" gal. But, I do believe that joyfully consuming our food leads to a healthier and happier life.

Spice it up! :

Pat

I have a blog.
#654 of 1043 Old 11-25-2008, 02:59 PM

Okay, ladies, thanks! You see, this is all what makes sense to me, I just need to hash it out with like-minded folks. I'm a bit of an external processor. So I am sure I will be asking again. Ha!
#655 of 1043 Old 11-25-2008, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calm View Post
come look, see if it fits you. i'd love some test subjects with children and "allergies".

My blog on my story so far and CSS
Going back to the first post--I haven't had a c-section yet, but my daughter, adopted from Vietnam, has multiple food allergies (dairy, wheat, egg, almond, banana, & blueberries), and she was not born by c-section. In fact, she was likely born intervention free, at home.

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#656 of 1043 Old 11-25-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyRae View Post
Going back to the first post--I haven't had a c-section yet, but my daughter, adopted from Vietnam, has multiple food allergies (dairy, wheat, egg, almond, banana, & blueberries), and she was not born by c-section. In fact, she was likely born intervention free, at home.
Mine too. (Not adopted, but born intervention free at home.)
#657 of 1043 Old 11-25-2008, 03:20 PM

Yes, yes, yes, thank you also for sharing the reminder about the energy of our food. I have a friend whose mom is 80, and I could not believe she was that age. She seems so young, active, and full of life. I take care of my 82 year old grandmother, who has diabetes, and early Alzheimer's, and seems so tiny and frail. There is such a huge difference in the two women.

I asked my friend, what's her secret? He said well, it's probably both the food and the genes. She is French, Mediterranean, and so lots of garlic, fish, local foods.

My grandmother has never been overweight a day in her life, but she has always had a high-carb diet, a big sweet tooth. She always had Little Debbies and all kinds of cookies around. She never had a weight problem, yet she still became diabetic. And I believe the blood sugar issues led to the dementia symptoms, because they are worse when the blood sugar is not stable. Rambling now, but thanks for the reminder that food is healing.

Also, I have a friend who knows a very wise woman who says that she can just lay down on the earth among the black walnut hulls, to be regularly cleansed of the parasites. So, she is just among their energy.
#658 of 1043 Old 11-25-2008, 03:57 PM

kjbrown, how are you doing?

Pat

I have a blog.
#659 of 1043 Old 11-25-2008, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Just a quickie, as I haven't had time to post to this thread yet. I noticed after my son had a reaction recently (to me drinking champagne) that I gave him the L. Rhamnosus GG - pure, without any other probiotics. This has been shown to be the only way it works effectively, in isolation. Don't know why, just know that's how it works. So we only take that when we take it and it's brilliant. Anyway, so I gave it to him for three days, with no result. Starting to freak out, I took it myself, and within hours after his feed (getting the benefit from me taking it), his skin cleared. Completely.

So I am almost decided that the maximum benefit from L. Rham is from the mother's milk, and this may be why they say the mother has to take it during pregnancy and feeding.

I hadn't known until this experiment because I always took it when he did.

Pat will be happy to know that we bought some kefir. I want to know if I can culture it in oat milk as successfully as dairy milk. I know there is a massive thread here, but to be honest, I won't be reading it any time soon, I don't have the time as those threads take pages just to get to the answer you need. I'll try a website, too.

Hunger is political.  Wherever there is widespread hunger, it is because people with guns are preventing other people from bringing in food.  
#660 of 1043 Old 11-25-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
kjbrown, how are you doing?

Pat
: I've been thinking about you and wondering- still no UTI's?? Keeping fingers crossed.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page