My research: CSS - c-section syndrome (causing allergies) - Page 32 - Mothering Forums

#931 of 1043 Old 12-20-2008, 06:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
excessive anything is an issue. However what is excessive for one person is a drop in the bucket for others. In terms of iodine this is especially true!

I've used zeolite and liked it. I have not used diatomaceous earth as I haven't liked what I've seen on it's use it people with gut damage. Again, I tend to also look to vets for good info here and the wholistic ones I have spoken to have been staunchly against it. They tell me that it is very sharp and can create microtears in the gut. Yes, it's effective, but the risks don't make it worth it. I have dug up things to support this but not enough to form an opinion. I just won't do it until I do. Sorry, that's not the best in terms of help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#932 of 1043 Old 12-20-2008, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
toraji, I have some concerns about having die-off already, and ADDing kombucha, especially with a nursling. The kombucha has S. boulardii which displaces and replaces the candida further. So, that would increase die-off. The detox problem I had was with kombucha in 16 ounce doses, several days in a row. If you start small amounts, and not overdo the bottled probiotics, that may be ok. But, you are dumping toxins into breastmilk, with die-off.

My suggestion, since you are nursing, and you already did the Threelac, is to slowly recolonize the gut with probiotics and continue the natural antifungals as a routine part of your diet, over time.

I'd focus on nutrient dense foods and high calories (but not just fats for calories) to avoid weight loss and the further release of any mercury stores.

I believe you should be able to do 1000mg of vit C multiple times a day. Selenium is in liver and Brazil nuts. That is important for binding the mercury and for thyroid function. Actually, iodine is important for both hypo and hyper-thyroid function, per my recent reading. http://www.iodine4health.com/disease/disease.htm Here is more info about this important nutrient: https://www.mothering.com/discussions...&postcount=272

The eggs sound like a problem. But, doubtful that dairy isn't the primary culprit.

Coconut seems to be a common allergen on this forum. So, maybe some water kefir?

The lavender as an antifungal is topical.

I've read about DE and zeolite. I'm a more natural supplement gal, but these are a unresearched. Although, with a nursling and mercury history, I just might consider them.

Everyone I know who has tried the Bio-Allers swears it is a miracle.

HTH, Pat

I have a blog.
#933 of 1043 Old 12-22-2008, 04:07 PM

Thanks for the thoughts Pat! I like the slow recolonizing approach, which fits with my philosophy better. I am considering adding back the zeolite drops to take care of any toxic metals while I'm killing yeast, but again, don't want to trigger any more detox than I have to for the nursling's sake. She is doing better since I cut out eggs which could be a coincidence, but there is still more spit-up than I think is normal.

I think I will wait to supplement any more iodine until I get testing done on my thyroid since my thyroid flared up after I'd done a lot of iodine supplementation after I chelated... the swelling during early pregnancy was no fun at all.

My weight loss has actually stabilized now that I'm getting more food regularly, thank goodness. I think I'm gaining a bit which is good.

I am surprised that coconut is such a common allergen, as I'd read on the net somewhere that it was not very common which gave me hope to be able to introduce it to my eldest DD with nut allergies. Argh. Ok, I guess I should go brew that gluten-free rejuvelac now.

Hopefully I figure out DD2's allergies soon...argh.

#934 of 1043 Old 12-22-2008, 10:10 PM

Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
I had a c-section but didnt get any antibiotics because i am allergic to almost all of them. Does this mean my dd is at less risk of c-section syndrome?

Mama to L (7) and A (born 7/15 by VBAC)
#935 of 1043 Old 12-22-2008, 10:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefaery View Post
did I ask you how you were tested for metals? You're another I want to see results on (in a perfect world!)
Okay, here's the results... not what I thought....
I thought it was going to be lead (paint) and mercury (fillings). Instead I have Arsenic (only a little into the "yellow" 0.065 instead of <0.14), Copper (off the page red 97 instead of <70), Uranium (off the page red .48 instead of <.20). So how do I get rid of it.

It's interesting because Arsenic says it can cause muscle weakness, and peripheral neuropathies (could that be my nerve issues in my back?). Copper says liver disease (did I tell you that I keep having high bilirubins in my urine?), renal dysfunction, muscle and joint pain, irritability, behavioral disorders, etc.

So does that mean I have yeast that is trying to forestall the metals? And how does that relate to my kids (and my) food intolerances? What do I attack first? And can homeopath cure it all? Or do I need to be attacking it through a whole variety of stuff?

I'm wondering if we should get our well water tested.... I know that my showers are stained blue/green (from copper, most of the town has the same problem). I'm the one who's at home, drinking a ton of water (to stave off UTIs -- HAH). Everyone else is either at school or work, or drinking other stuff. Argh.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#936 of 1043 Old 12-23-2008, 01:40 AM

FF, sorry...I was down in bed couldn't walk let alone post so DH posted for me. It's 30 C potency.
Well, it's been quite a few days! I'm still going strong on the castor equi...and on the cleansing too. Not sure how it works, but I've got mastitis without breastfeeding--the pain, the red streaks, everything...I'm tender and swollen and RED.
To recap--my first clue was major pain in one breast, then chills, low-grade fever, headache, aches and pains running down my back and legs (this was fri-nite thru Sun-nite). Last night I actually slept some. Last night I woke up twice with damp clothes--I could wipe the water off my skin. The headache, fever and most of the aches are gone, but in their stead I have cold sores on both lips (great for Christmas pics and no mistletoe, lol.=)And of course the enlarged red painful breast. So, how long does a remedy generally take to run it's course (and how long do I continue taking it?). I am awed and grateful for the cleansing power of the body, but man, had I known, I think I would've waited til after Christmas! =) DH has been so sweet, staying home and taking care of me and the kids and the house and...well, everything.
I've just been laying around, taking HOT baths, and eating (if anything thing at all) a bit of fruit smoothie or homemade soup with bone broth base...so nourishing.
Thanks for your help! It'll be so nice to be rid of the thrush! Let me know if you think there's anything else I should be doing.

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#937 of 1043 Old 12-23-2008, 02:14 AM

Dannic, STOP the remedy. It sounds like you have a "proving". Basically, you can cause the disease symptoms with too frequent of too high a dose.

You could antidote it with some eucalyptus and you will feel better.

Pat

I have a blog.
#938 of 1043 Old 12-23-2008, 02:38 AM

I agree with stopping the remedy at this point. I would take belladonna once at 30C if you still have redness and pain. You could try the eucalyptus but often it doesn't work. Definitely worth a shot in case it does.

Yes, this is the reason I was asking how often, how long and at once potency. It is possible to prove a remedy. My ds has proved one. No fun! But the good news is that once you stop so does it. Provings *can* be problematic....but not at 4 days.
#939 of 1043 Old 12-23-2008, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
Okay, here's the results... not what I thought....
I thought it was going to be lead (paint) and mercury (fillings). Instead I have Arsenic (only a little into the "yellow" 0.065 instead of <0.14), Copper (off the page red 97 instead of <70), Uranium (off the page red .48 instead of <.20). So how do I get rid of it.

It's interesting because Arsenic says it can cause muscle weakness, and peripheral neuropathies (could that be my nerve issues in my back?). Copper says liver disease (did I tell you that I keep having high bilirubins in my urine?), renal dysfunction, muscle and joint pain, irritability, behavioral disorders, etc.

So does that mean I have yeast that is trying to forestall the metals? And how does that relate to my kids (and my) food intolerances? What do I attack first? And can homeopath cure it all? Or do I need to be attacking it through a whole variety of stuff?

I'm wondering if we should get our well water tested.... I know that my showers are stained blue/green (from copper, most of the town has the same problem). I'm the one who's at home, drinking a ton of water (to stave off UTIs -- HAH). Everyone else is either at school or work, or drinking other stuff. Argh.
so how was your zinc? And your cobalt?

Yes this is a HUGE part of you food intolerances and imbalances. I dont' know that the metals are *causing* your pain, but they are a big contributing factor for sure. They are certainly thwarting your healing....well, you aren't gonna be rid of the yeast too easily as long as metals are there.

My advice is to not attack. This is the time to be working with your body. I have shared *my* experience that classical homeopathy wasn't a huge help for metal issues, but clinical homeopathy has been. So yes, homeopathy can help. For me I had to find the right method.

In general though I don't think it can be addressed solely through homeopathy. That is why I chose to go with the people I'm working with now. I already knew that isopathy and drainage was working. That's what they do along with nutritional support.
#940 of 1043 Old 12-23-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
so how was your zinc? And your cobalt?
Zinc is 190 (reference <300)
Cobalt is .009 (reference <.15)
They're fine.

So I shouldn't attack the yeast.
I should continue alkalinizing my body (for the UTIs).
I should go for clinical homeopathy.
And do nothing for the metals?

I guess the one question I have is, could the copper in my hair just be from washing my hair in coppery water, and it really not be in my body?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#941 of 1043 Old 12-23-2008, 11:42 AM

Ok. Jumping in here. I finally got my hair test results for me & Adam. not surprising they are similar. Here are the highlights. The symptoms they mention seem to include some of the symptoms I am having.

Me:
High - aluminum, beryllium, lead (very), silver, mild uranium
Others - copper, manganese
Low - sodium, potassium, chromium, boron

Adam:
High - aluminum, antimony (very), arsenic,lead, silver, tin
Low - magnanese (opposite of me), sodium, zinc, molybdenum, strontium

I looked over obvious sources but we don't seem to have them, except for well water. Guess its time to test the well water.

So here's a question about the homeopathy. Since it is symptom based does it even matter that these things are high? Or is this just sort of a confirmatory test. Do the folks in Canada even ask about testing?

I have to say that I'm quite freaked out about the lead (at least for Adam) because I think he might have a speech delay. I'm also a bit freaked out about the aluminum as I've had a bad memory and felt stupid for quite some time now.

ETA: I thought I read somewhere that "they" aren't sure if high levels are because you have high levels in the body or that you have great ability to excrete that element and therefore you excrete a lot into your hair. Is this not true?

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#942 of 1043 Old 12-23-2008, 12:52 PM

Chlobo, that's why you need to interpret the test. IF you have high levels and are excreting it fine the minerals will reflect that.

Homeopathy ALONE is symptom based. In *theory* you will express symptoms of toxicity and that will be taken into account as part of the picture. Even classically that is true. The difference is that what I'm doing is a whole picture deal that uses things to support detox and drainage, as well as uses gentle things to allow the body to release. It is multifaceted. Does that make sense? In one instance you are given ONE remedy and it creates a shift towards health which in theory allows the body to release metals. What can happen though is that the body can get overwhelmed and it will not release toxins if the liver and kidneys are already struggling. It has too much wisdom to do that.

In the other instance you are given several remedies to address several frequencies, some supplements (like chlorophyll which will bind to the metals as they are released) and drainage and detox support. It is a more holistic view. Homeopathy is GREAT and if you wanted to find a classical homeopath who could work with an ND that had a similar perspective, a background in drainage and worked with gemmotherapy *and* coordinate care between the two you *may* be able to do it. The problem is most classical homeopaths aren't gonna be too keen on that.
#943 of 1043 Old 12-23-2008, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Zinc is 190 (reference <300)
Cobalt is .009 (reference <.15)
They're fine.

So I shouldn't attack the yeast.
I should continue alkalinizing my body (for the UTIs).
I should go for clinical homeopathy.
And do nothing for the metals?

I guess the one question I have is, could the copper in my hair just be from washing my hair in coppery water, and it really not be in my body?
Again this last part goes to interpretation and from what you are saying that may actually be the case. I'm not sure *I'd* be all that concerned with the copper given those zinc levels.

And for the bolded part....homeopathy can address the metals. I just haven't found in my own life (or asking around on professional boards) that classical homeopathy can. Still holding out hope, but noone has been able to offer up results to suggest that it does. I know for me and my family it didn't. You need to create a situation where your body is able to release them and that is going to require (especially for you) organ support.
#944 of 1043 Old 12-23-2008, 01:09 PM

FF, that all makes sense. I will call them after Christmas to talk.

So how bad are my results? Do they seem consistent?

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#945 of 1043 Old 12-23-2008, 01:31 PM

Off to do Xmas shopping, but wanted to ask for more info about the eucalyptus not antidoting?? I'd never heard that.

Also, I wanted to inquire more about the provings over a longer duration. I was recalling that I gave ds Chamomilla (probably 30c) for "teething and itrritability" A LOT as a young child. Probably almost daily, or even multiple times a day for months!!

Quote:
I agree with stopping the remedy at this point. I would take belladonna once at 30C if you still have redness and pain. You could try the eucalyptus but often it doesn't work. Definitely worth a shot in case it does.

Yes, this is the reason I was asking how often, how long and at once potency. It is possible to prove a remedy. My ds has proved one. No fun! But the good news is that once you stop so does it. Provings *can* be problematic....but not at 4 days.

Pat

I have a blog.
#946 of 1043 Old 12-23-2008, 01:43 PM

certain remedies *can* be more susceptible to EO's and so can certain people. It is not a rule. And it's complicated by several factors. For instance if a person drinks coffee daily they are not likely to be able to antidote with coffee. If a person uses mint toothpaste daily they are not likely to be able to antidote with mint.

There are many classical homeopaths who are heavy hitters that say that if you have the right remedy you can't antidote it. once you have taken it it's done it's job. They dont' advocate that their patients avoid the substances (coffee, EO's, mint etc.) at all. If you antidote the remedy it wasn't the right one to begin with.

So yeah...not as cut and dry as we'd like to believe!

Also....not everyone CAN prove a remedy. Some prove on different terms. My ds took his remedy almost daily for a time with our homeopath's blessing. He didn't prove it. He did, however prove another one that he only took a few times. What you did with your ds is fine. It means he needed it. If he didn't he could well have proved it. Although using any remedy daily and having it work means that a higher potency may have been indicated. Not that you should have known that! But in cases where a remedy is being given that frequently at 30C means that 200 C may have done the job better and lasted longer. He was ripping through the 30C.

Dannic sounds like she stimulated her vital force and continued taking it past the point it was needed. That is when a proving CAN happen. Make sense?
#947 of 1043 Old 12-23-2008, 01:44 PM

Both kids were vaginal births. With #1 I had some antibiotics during early pregnancy due to a nasty UTI. #1 has mild eczema, no allergies.

#2, no abx during preg or after. Severe eczema and multiple food and environmental allergies.
#948 of 1043 Old 12-23-2008, 08:11 PM

Kathy, the interpretation I use for looking for mercury from DDI's hair test is here, post #582

https://mothering.com/discussions/sho...435848&page=30

My daughter, for example, failed 2 of Cutler's rules (#3 and 4 in that post) but her hair mercury is low (0.07). I did one of those stupid Greenpeace hair tests (which just looked for mercury) a year or so before my daughter was born and my mercury was undetectable. Great, that was ever-so-helpful.

I will bow to Firefaery's knowledge, mine is fairly mercury-centered and from a more allopathic viewpoint, but copper of 97 seems high to me. Copper toxicity, my understanding, anyway, is very hard to distinguish from mercury, except via testing, and I _thought_ they could multiply the effects of each other when each is at a lower level than you'd otherwise expect problems.
#949 of 1043 Old 12-23-2008, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaLopez View Post
Kathy, the interpretation I use for looking for mercury from DDI's hair test is here, post #582

https://mothering.com/discussions/sho...435848&page=30

My daughter, for example, failed 2 of Cutler's rules (#3 and 4 in that post) but her hair mercury is low (0.07). I did one of those stupid Greenpeace hair tests (which just looked for mercury) a year or so before my daughter was born and my mercury was undetectable. Great, that was ever-so-helpful.

I will bow to Firefaery's knowledge, mine is fairly mercury-centered and from a more allopathic viewpoint, but copper of 97 seems high to me. Copper toxicity, my understanding, anyway, is very hard to distinguish from mercury, except via testing, and I _thought_ they could multiply the effects of each other when each is at a lower level than you'd otherwise expect problems.
So I'm deranged? I knew that.
No, really. What does that mean to a non-medical speaking person?
They tested for 31 metals. They appear to start at 50th percentile. 6 of them didn't appear on the chart at all. 18 metals are in the green range (50th-68th percentile). 4 are in the yellow range (68th-95th percentile: arsenic, selenium, palladium, tungsten), and 2 are in the red range (>95th percentile: copper and uranium).

#950 of 1043 Old 12-24-2008, 12:16 AM

Quote:
So I'm deranged? I knew that.
No, really. What does that mean to a non-medical speaking person?
They tested for 31 metals. They appear to start at 50th percentile. 6 of them didn't appear on the chart at all. 18 metals are in the green range (50th-68th percentile). 4 are in the yellow range (68th-95th percentile: arsenic, selenium, palladium, tungsten), and 2 are in the red range (>95th percentile: copper and uranium).
Deranged mineral transport is how Cutler describes mercury messing with so many different systems in your body to such an extent that the normal ways your body moves minerals around become impaired.

When you say 6 didn't appear on the chart at all, is that in the potentially toxics up at the top? Cutler's rules only apply to the 23 essential and other elements. Wait... 31 metals? Is that the Hair Elements test or the Toxic Hair Elements test? My daughter's Hair Elements test has 16 potentially toxic elements at the top and 23 Essential and Other elements at the bottom.

As for the counting rules, #1--how many of your essential elements (not the potentially toxic stuff at the top) go to the right of the centerline? And #2, how many to the left? 5 or less for either and Cutler says mineral transport is so atypical that mercury is a very likely candidate.

For rule #3, it sounds like only 2 are in the red, yes? 4+ is atypical, so at least you're okay here. For rule #4, how many in the white & green areas (combined)?

If you got the Toxic hair elements test, well, I can list out the potentially toxic vs the essential/other and we'll see if we can see anything.
#951 of 1043 Old 12-24-2008, 01:09 AM

Kathy, just so there's no misunderstanding I do think you are likely to be very high in copper....I'm just not certain with what I've seen of your test it's as high as it looks. That's all I'm saying. Given the amount of copper you know is in your water....yes there can be deposits, but you are also drinking with it, cooking with it and bathing in it.
#952 of 1043 Old 12-24-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Kathy, just so there's no misunderstanding I do think you are likely to be very high in copper....I'm just not certain with what I've seen of your test it's as high as it looks. That's all I'm saying. Given the amount of copper you know is in your water....yes there can be deposits, but you are also drinking with it, cooking with it and bathing in it.

Any most houses built around the 70-90's have copper pipes for all the plumbing.

Pat

I have a blog.
#953 of 1043 Old 12-24-2008, 01:59 PM

It's the "Hair Toxic Element Exposure Profile". It lists the toxic elements on the left, then the result, then the reference range, then the percentile (green to 68% [but looks like it starts at about 50th], yellow is 68-95%, red is over 95%)
Arsenic 0.065 (<.14) yellow/70%
Lead 0.50 (<3.0) green/66%
Mercury 0.36 (<3.0) green/60%
Cadmium 0.031 (<0.20) green/60%
Chromium 0.33 (<0.085) green/60%
Beryllium <0.01 (<0.050) green/nothing showing
Cobalt 0.009 (<0.15) green/53%
Nickel 0.11 (<1.0) green/57%
Zinc 190 (<300) green/66%
Copper 97 (<70) all the way at the bad end of red
Thorium <0.001 (<0.005) nothing showing
Thallium <0.001 (<0.005) nothing showing
Barium 0.26 (<8.0) green/53%
Cesium 0.005 (<0.010) green/68%
Manganese 0.12 (<1.5) green/53%
Selenium 1.2 (<2.1) yellow/71%
Bismuth 0.023 (<5.0) green/51%
Vanadium 0.024 (<0.20) green/55%
Silver 0.02 (<1.6) green/53%
Antimony <0.01 (<0.12) nothing showing
Palladium 0.008 (<0.015) yellow/78%
Aluminum 2.7 (<19) green/57%
Platinum <0.003 (<0.010) nothing showing
Tungsten 0.011 (0.015) yellow/82%
Tin 0.10 (<1.0) green/56%
Uranium 0.48 (0.20) red/at the bad end of red
Gold 0.02 (<0.50) green/55%
Tellerium <0.05 (<0.050) nothing showing
Germanium 0.033 (0.045) green/66%
Titanium 0.41 (<2.0) green /60%
Gadolinium 0.001 (<.008) green/51%

When I looked up Copper Toxicity, it said to take Vitamin C because it gives liver support and helps to rid the body of excess Copper. The last UTI I had (last week), the doctor said to take high doses of Vitamin C (of course he was saying it to acidify the urine), so I can always do that. Also, on the report, it says first you have to rle out exogenous contamination sources such as "washing hair in acidic water carried through Cu pipes". We do have copper pipes (house was built in 1992, but I know that DH specified copper pipes, and he put them in, in the parts that he's built as well) and I know our town has very hard water (iron and copper: red and green staining). So it's possible then that the copper in my hair is just from the water that goes on my hair, and not necessarily what is in my body (though I drink a lot of the water as well). But I have no idea where the uranium is coming from!!

But if the copper is because of the water, then I can try to get rid of the yeast, because the metals aren't because of that. I have noticed my back hurting the last few days, and I'm wondering if it's because I had a drink or two each of those nights. I've been avoiding alcohol because of the sugars. In which case, it again points to yeast...

I feel like I'm running around in circles.

#954 of 1043 Old 12-24-2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:

When I looked up Copper Toxicity, it said to take Vitamin C because it gives liver support and helps to rid the body of excess Copper. The last UTI I had (last week), the doctor said to take high doses of Vitamin C (of course he was saying it to acidify the urine), so I can always do that. Also, on the
But if the copper is because of the water, then I can try to get rid of the yeast, because the metals aren't because of that. I have noticed my back hurting the last few days, and I'm wondering if it's because I had a drink or two each of those nights. I've been avoiding alcohol because of the sugars. In which case, it again points to yeast...

I feel like I'm running around in circles.
FWIW, to me it sounds like you're feeling like I did last year. Not saying we've got the same issues, but the circling around between X is a problem and Y is a problem, and how do they fit together, and what's the ultimate root cause. It's tiring and frustrating and confusing , but persevering through it eventually got me to a reasonable understanding of what's going on. Obviously I am still learning, but I finally got to the point where most things we're dealing with pretty much make sense, and the new stuff is mostly better insight into what's going on, rather than a whoa! revelation.

For better or worse, through this (the last 3+ years) I've defaulted into figuring out what I can and addressing it even before I understand everything. Once I figure out a bit, I work on that and that feels like progress, even if it's not the ultimate solution--it gets me closer to being healthy. I started addressing my issues with supplements before I understood all the issues, and I may still be doing that with the chelating--but I'm going to keep going because I think it's making me feel better and healthier. It may not be the final thing, the potential of homeopathy is really pulling at me, but it's not the right time right now to find a homeopath, so I'll keep to my current path while continuing to read and see if I should alter my path in the future. It really feels like the right approach for me, I'm not sure if it does for you, too.

As for the bolded part--I _think_ I'm (finally) getting what Firefaery means--if copper is part of your problem, then the fact that it's a problem for you but not everybody else in town means something is different about you. Although with that much staining from the local water, I'm not convinced it's healthy for anyone (but I live in a part of the country where everyone who can filters their water cause it tastes horrible otherwise, and I don't want to think about what the health ramifications of the local water are--Texas is not known for its excellent water quality). But I also find bowel tolerance vitC helpful for toxic load stuff, it's a path for the body to get rid of the toxins, so I think it's worthwhile for multiple reasons.

I don't think I'm going to be able to convert your results into what I understand. I've been playing around comparing them to the plain Hair Elements test, which is what Cutler used for his analysis. This link:

http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/heali.../hairtest.html test#185

is my dad's. You see how, in the bottom part, the minerals are just scattered everywhere? And lots of stuff in the red edges, either <2.5% or > 97.5%? That's deranged mineral transport. But it needs normal minerals like calcium and sodium to compare to normal people.

About deranged mineral transport--in my understanding of all this, the thing about mercury that makes it different from other metals that can be present in toxic amounts, is that it affects so many different systems. Mercury seems to fundamentally interfere with how the body can use nutrients and causes lots of systemic problems--different in different people, although the way it affects me is the most typical pattern. Without addressing the mercury somehow, I don't see how the body can right itself--the balance is so off that it can't be restored without outside help, which is why I've found this really disturbing, on an emotional level, given that my kids have a high toxic load from me and depleted vitamin and mineral stores and grew in a body that was significantly messed up. Firefaery has interesting links on epigenetics (and homeopathy) that I'm working through that seem hopeful for my potential future children.

To me, that's why testing is worthwhile, to understand if this is what I'm dealing with. If you're interested (I think it's worth it, but it's your call) you can call up DDI and they should be able to do the Hair Elements test on the sample they're already got (if you call soon, they apparently keep the hair for 30 days). You'd need to pay for that test, they won't do it for free, but I've found this type of interpretation really useful. Maybe FF or someone else can chime in.
#955 of 1043 Old 12-26-2008, 09:29 PM

Honestly. I just wrote this post and lost it. So we'll try it again.
Basically, I was just trying to better understand the homeopathic process.
So when you take a h. remedy you don't continue taking it until whatever symptoms you are "treating" are gone? Or else you will prove it? And proving a remedy is basically when you take it past its helpful point? Then it will cause the symptoms you are trying to address? Is that totally wrong? Or did I totally botch it?
I took the bella donna as our hfs is very limited and didn't have eucalyptus. The swelling has gone down, but it is still itching and peeling.
OT: It is SNOWING here! (we're zone 8 and get it every three yrs or so)::: THanks! I'm feeling much better. (This homeopathy is powerful stuff!)
Am really liking the look of University of Natural Medicine, FF--thanks!

typos likely

#956 of 1043 Old 12-29-2008, 12:40 AM

We really don't use acute homeopathy much. We generally never get sick on classical homeopathy. Maybe a day of sniffles and that is it. But, basically, my understanding is that you take the (low dose) acute remedy a couple of times initially, and only repeat it IF you have benefit. Then do not repeat it until the symptoms worsen again. Then you take it again. So, that may be a couple of times initially, IF you have improvement. Then you should continue to heal, if it is the right remedy.

The idea is to take the minimum remedy that is needed for improvement and allow that to help the body to heal. If you take a remedy repeatedly, without benefit, THEN you could cause a proving. The difference is that you only repeat the remedy IF you see improvement with the remedy.

Does that help?

I worried about you, dannic. I'm glad you are feeling better and hope you've had a peaceful holiday.

Pat

I have a blog.
#957 of 1043 Old 01-08-2009, 08:28 PM

Wow! I can't believe this thread went to page 7! (Of course, with the holidays and all...)
So I'm bumping-- WW, thanks for the thoughts! I've recovered from my self-experimentation, but still have the thrush...on the flip-side, tho, I have this huge desire to understand homeopathy! (DUH!) So I've read Beyond Flat Earth Medicine, which was great, btw, and am on to one by Kent (forgot the name...Lectures on H.?) At least now, I know what I did wrong, lol! How's everyone else doing?

typos likely

#958 of 1043 Old 01-08-2009, 09:45 PM

Yes, homeopathy is amazingly powerful! Illogical, inexplicable, confusing. But, fascinating and intriguing!!

Pab

I have a blog.
#959 of 1043 Old 01-08-2009, 09:47 PM

I have no problem seconding that one!
#960 of 1043 Old 01-13-2009, 12:35 PM

Bumping for review again