My research: CSS - c-section syndrome (causing allergies) - Page 34 - Mothering Forums

#991 of 1043 Old 04-02-2009, 10:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm heading to bed, but didn't want your post to go unnoticed. If you'd copy it as a new thread, you are more apt to get individualized responses. Link it here; and tug on my sleeve, if I don't chime in tomorrow.

Btw, do you have any mercury/amalgam fillings? Do you consume homemade, whole food probiotics, especially beneficial is raw, goat's milk kefir made with REAL kefir grains; kombucha-if no mercury fillings. Fermented veggies with each meal. Have you done the Pink Pee test?

Start here about detox pathways: http://heal-thyself.ning.com/forum/t...bstacle-course

And here are a few informal videos about detox pathways: http://heal-thyself.ning.com/video/video

and here about evaluating digestion and stomach acid (beet "pink pee" test"): http://heal-thyself.ning.com/forum/topics/the-beet-test

This thread about Healing the Gut with Food: http://heal-thyself.ning.com/forum/t...-gut-with-food

Nutrient Dense Foods: http://heal-thyself.ning.com/forum/t...nt-dense-foods

Foods to Help Phase I and Phase II Detoxification:
http://heal-thyself.ning.com/forum/t...4160Comment655

check out www.eatingcultures.com to try and guess on some of your detox pathways, and figure out which nutrients will be important for you all.

Pat

I have a blog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#992 of 1043 Old 04-02-2009, 11:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thank you for responding, Pat!

I have been working on eating nutrient dense foods and cook from scratch all three meals. I try to get a lot of eggs, bacon, butter, soaked grains, bone broth, CLO, greens, yogurt and pastured meat. I just had a Kombucha today, but YES, I do have a lot of mercury fillings....at least 8. A few of them have cracked in the past couple years and my dentist wants me to get crowns, but I have put it off because I'm not sure if that is a healthy choice. I want to research other options. No, I do not consume homemade whole food probiotics....but I do buy whole milk yogurt, sometimes kefir and kombucha. I also eat storebought kimchee sometimes. I just found a raw milk source....you think goat instead of cow? Are the BED kefir cultures OK? My question is how do people practice Attachment Parenting, Nourishing Traditions Cooking and do all the other things that need to be done around the house....phew...it can be exhausting!

Thank you for all of your suggested threads...I REALLY look forward to reading them...I have always had a passion for health and well being and have been on this path for quite a long time.

I took some Nystatin tonight....500,000 IU and a couple of drops of oil of oregano twice today. I also had my CLO and flax oil, and enzymes three times. I wanted to see how the Nystatin reacts in my body before I give it to my one year old. I do not like that it is sweetened, but she has had yeast issues from day one and I can't stand to see her so itchy and uncomfortable anymore. I will also take the Primadophilus Intensive probiotics before I go to bed. I'm thinking about using Dr. Ohhira's 12 probiotics instead of the Threelac (in addition to the other probiotics) and Cell Food instead of the Oxygen Elements...do you think that is OK? For my one year old, I am thinking about lowering her dose of Nystatin from 500,000 IU 4x day to 250,000 IU 2x day....I really have no idea....I just think that what the doctor prescribed is too much. In addition, I'll keep giving her CLO and the Primadophilus Children.....maybe 1 TBS. 2x day. Should I give her more probiotics? This is my plan for now.....I would love anymore suggestions! I am so grateful to have found all you informed, wise and generous women!
#993 of 1043 Old 04-02-2009, 11:34 PM

Oh...I'm also going to take ConcenTrace minerals in my water.

I have not done the pink pee test, although I remember a while back I had pink pee when I ate beets....but not recently. Sometimes, my BM looks "bloody" when I eat beets. What does this mean again.....I remember reading about this in a past post?

Thanks again!

#994 of 1043 Old 04-03-2009, 11:06 PM

Heading to bed, will try to respond more tomorrow.

Kombucha kills off candida. With mercury fillings, especially many or large ones, the gut healing is a concern, because basically candida binds with mercury to keep it from poisoning us. I'd go slowly on increasing fermented foods, especially in conjunction with any coconut oil or nystatin. It is a balancing act, since the coconut oil (and kombucha) kill off candida, which releases bound/stored mercury, from my understanding. Mercury is then circulating and must be redeposited or excreted. Some may be moved from its "safe" location in the gut and redeposited in the brain or other organs or breast milk. Cheery, I know.

So, when/if you get "die-off" (brain fog, rapid weight loss, eczema, headache, insomnia, increased food reactions, etc.), you are basically dealing with toxins circulating, per my best understanding. Adding probiotics has the benefit of helping to heal the gut by altering the ph and improving the gut integrity. However, the mercury has to go somewhere. There are chemicals which can bind with the mercury to carry it out through the bowels: vit C, selenium, wheat bran, clay, etc.

Green tea extract, black tea extract, and soy protein significantly reduced mercury bioaccessibility. Wheat bran decreased mercury bioaccessibility; oat bran and psyllium reduced bioaccessibility to a lesser degree. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...d312f19b863eed

This thread has more information about gut healing while nursing: http://heal-thyself.ning.com/forum/t...160Comment2258

Caution, I gave myself mercury toxicity transiently with cilantro, kombucha and coconut oil. And you are then dumping mercury to baby and going to have more reactions in baby. Btdt.

Pat

I have a blog.
#995 of 1043 Old 04-07-2009, 10:09 AM

I'm SO frustrated and overwhelmed and weepy and feel like I have no options! I counted and I actually have 10 mercury fillings, three with cracks that my dentist wants to crown. I've been taking OoO and a couple doses of Nystatin, in conjunction with minerals, vitamins, CLO, coconut oil in cooking, and probiotics. My DD is taking 500,000 IU of Nystatin a day with probiotics and CLO. Her diaper rash is finally clearing up...after over 2 months, but she is now having eczema flare ups.....maybe due to mercury toxins in my breastmilk? I am not eating any dairy, gluten or eggs. As for me, I'm achy and very tired. This weekend, I had a splitting, "I think this might be a migraine" headache, so I stopped the OoO for two days. I took two drops yesterday and I'm feeling fatigued this morning. So, it sounds like I may be poisoning my daughter with mercury from by BM through the cleansing reactions.....ARGH!!!!! Should I stop nursing her entirely? Would her diaper rash and eczema stop if I discontinue nursing? I just feel SO horribly guilty and responsible for her discomfort and I don't know what to do! I feel hopeless. I feel like it would be absolutely cruel for me to even consider ever having another child and I'm really wondering how in the heck I ever even was able to carry DD to full term....I just feel like my body is so contaminated and that I only survive because I eat so healthy, even though, apparently, I'm not even assimilating and digesting all of these nutrients. I'm sorry for having a rant, but I just don't know what to do! Is it possible for me to continue the strategies that I am right now if I take some Vitamin C (sodium ascorbate?)? I'm afraid to stop nursing DD because she is unvaccinated and my goal was to nurse so that I could protect her from potential bugs/germs, but it looks like my milk may be loaded with worse contaminants!

Wu Wei...thank you for trying to help me....I feel so alone and overwhelmed. I'm going to read your post again. Oh...I read some of your earlier recommendations and I didn't understand all the pathways to healing stuff. I'm not much of a science buff and it was a little over my head. I did eat beets the other day and peed/pooed pink...in fact, there was still pink in my poo after a few days. So, what do you do for low stomach acid if you should avoid fermented foods/kombucha? I am also taking enzymes because I do get bloated/gassy from eating...which has improved greatly since I stopped gluten and began soaking grains/beans. I'm so confused....wanting to heal myself and DD, but not sure how to go about it and worried that I'm poisoning her in the process.
#996 of 1043 Old 04-07-2009, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You're definitely not alone in any of those feelings.

Yes- do some vitamin C! A lot of it (bowel tolerance). And take epsom salt baths. And take pascalite/calcium bentonite clay to help mop up the toxins.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#997 of 1043 Old 04-07-2009, 12:56 PM

Any brand suggestions for Vit. C? Bentonite clay....is it safe while nursing? I feel like a 90 year old invalid taking all these supplements/vitamins/minerals/pills! Has anyone had complete success with detoxing/healing the gut? I need some positive motivation....right now it seems like a crap shot....like, "I'm not really sure if this is going to work, but it might, so lets wait and see". I'm grouchy today and at my boiling point!
#998 of 1043 Old 04-07-2009, 01:05 PM

Well, I take TwinLab Allerg-C, but that's only because DD is allergic to corn and this is the only one that isn't made out of corn. But if you can do SA, that's probably better. Maybe start a new thread and I bet you'll get more suggestions. There are certainly way more knowledgeable people than me on the allergy forum!!

As far as I know, bentonite clay is totally safe while pregnant and nursing (and for kids too!) With any of that stuff though, I would start slow because it might mobilize a few toxins before sweeping them out.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#999 of 1043 Old 04-07-2009, 01:07 PM

Mama, you are exactly where you need to be and everything will be ok.

I too have 10 mercury fillings and nursed until ds was age two. I lost a lot of weight and was on a restricted elimination diet for all of that time. He is brilliant and joyful. : It will be ok. I wasn't doing half the nutritional stuff that you are and can do. I just was eliminating nutrients, unfortunately.

There is a thread about elimination diets vs. opening detox pathways. I'm hunting for it. https://www.mothering.com/discussions...ht=elimination

And one about detox while nursing. https://www.mothering.com/discussions...hlight=nursing

This mama is in the same situation and we've discussed many proactive alternatives: http://heal-thyself.ning.com/forum/t...-gut-with-food

This mama was considering formula and we talked about the alternatives of ADDing nutrients to improve detox pathways: https://www.mothering.com/discussions...ht=elimination

Here is a 'Cliff Note's version' "Do this, do that and you'll feel better": https://www.mothering.com/discussions...hlight=nursing

The short version is to ADD nutrients, add whole food probiotics, add traditionally processed foods (soaked grains, nuts, seeds, beans; and small amounts of fermented foods; I do little kombucha.) and NOT actively attack the candida in the mama with mercury fillings. I do add natural anti-microbial herbs and spices to foods. https://www.mothering.com/discussions...e#post12674494

I'd hold off any work on your teeth, as long as possible. And daily include vit C, selenium, (clay?) for helping to bind and excrete the metals. Try to trust that everything will be ok, as your stress only feeds the candida.

Your mamamilk is the best food for your baby.

Pat

I have a blog.
#1000 of 1043 Old 04-07-2009, 01:08 PM

Oh, and classical homeopathy for both of you! :

Pat

I have a blog.
#1001 of 1043 Old 06-06-2009, 11:00 PM

just wanted to bump this and see how everyone is doing!
#1002 of 1043 Old 06-07-2009, 12:39 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I'm not able to read through all the posts, but I had a c-section and I've been battling a yeast rash in my 5 week old for 3 1/2 weeks. I started on probiotics two days after surgery. I think I have a decent regimen for the rash (vinegar in bath, air time, lotrimin alternating with coconut oil/oregano oil/TTO mixture). What else can I do to pre-empt any long term issues? He was pretty fussy for a few days this week and I tried cutting out dairy, not sure if it would make a difference so soon (if even an issue) but he was back to himself after a day.

Any advice to pursue any gut healing that may be needed? I would add that I pushed for a couple of hours (had some molding) so I believe there may be some benefit there, unless it's not received unless they come all the way through the birth canal. I also had a yeast infection that I thought was gone by the end of my pregnancy. We do not vaccinate. Breastfeeding is going well. No thrush. Poops are perfect.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then a fast HBAC, then a fast VBAC!!). Planning a third VBAC, again at home, in February 2016.
#1003 of 1043 Old 06-08-2009, 04:13 PM

Wow, what a long thread! (To read it took me 3 days of doing little else.) And so densely packed with awesome info! I wish I knew most of this long long ago!

--------

I was born in 1980. Fully vaccinated by the standards of the day.

I've been very healthy my whole life. I never ever ever ever ever ever had an antibiotic. The strongest thing I have ever taken has been a sliver of an aspirin.

I have one metal filling in my teeth. I've had really good teeth all along too. Only the one cavity ever.

Pre-pregnancy, I had been 5 years eating a very not-so-hospitable-to-yeast diet. And I had done cleanses for yeast and parasites. But I had been on birth control pills for 8 years.

I got pregnant easily during the first pill-free cycle. I was taking a variety of supplements. Pregnancy and birth were relatively uneventful (started spilling small amounts of protein into my urine at the end, and my blood pressure when up a smidge). DS was born at home with a midwife, 22 months ago.

He had a posterior tongue tie and a lip tie. I didn't have any pain or anything noticeable with my nipples, though. We realized something was wrong because he had no wet or poopy diapers. His frenulum was clipped by Dr Coryllos when he was 5 days old. He immediately nursed fine.

I fail the test of touching my tongue to the roof of my mouth. My father too. It appears that posterior tongue ties run on that side of my family. My father's mother and her children have the same shaped mouth as I do and DS does.

My mother does not appear to have tongue tie. What role did her health play in my tongue tie? Nutritional deficiency? Yeast?

----

Having read this thread, I am really thinking yeast is what is affecting my health recently. I am feeling tired and anxious, digesting poorly, and I can tell my teeth are developing issues. Mostly I have gone downhill since I had a horrible stomach virus in March. (The sickest I have ever been in my life. I had never before even been sick enough to vomit. And I never want to be again.)

But some of my symptoms I have had my whole life and just figured they were personal idiosyncrasies. Now I think they are a combination of yeast and nutritional deficiencies. So I am planning to attack both of those. I've started a thread about each.

Thank goodness I haven't yet gotten out of balance enough to have any foods I cant eat. But I want to take action before I get worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
Wow, I just read through some of the threads linked through that initial thread. There is some scary bad info. Tongue toe left unclipped is NOT just a nursing problem! Yikes.

I did an inservice with Dr Coryllos in 2006. The ultrasounds of babies nursing with ties and the case studies of adults with unresolved ties speak for themselves. I also was able to witness clippings during the inservice and see the change in function even before cranial work. IMO noone should blow off tongue ties.
DS went from being unable to get a drip out, to nursing perfectly, within 7 minutes of the clipping.

I have no doubts that it is serious business.

I have a narrow mouth, with the teeth position issues that go with it. I have compressed sinus passages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
honestly when you are older and there are no speech issues, no recurrent sinus issues, no reflux I don't know what lengths I'd go to to correct. I am not certain if clipping in adulthood would change digestive function.

What this does is alter your digestive system and elimination. If you have incomplete or partial peristalsis the gut cannot function properly. In theory clipping even in toddlerhood could create a change, but I'm not certain if that is true into adulthood and I'm not sure if anyone has looked at that.

So as an adult you could be clipped. It would be up to you and I would recommend talking to Dr. Coryllos to see if she has any insights. I can ask around too. I do know that one of the IBCLC's that is writing the case studies on this is getting hers clipped to see if it does help with her gut function and sleep apnea....but no details until it's done.
Dr Coryllos didn't have hers clipped, or those of her children or grandchildren. I wonder what she thinks of the idea of clipping adults.

------

If Candida is good because it ties up the metals, is there something else that can do the same role without the negative side effects?

------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovemercy View Post
I think we should sticky this thread. Or maybe compile bits and pieces of it for a sticky. It's such a great reference.
Or at least change the title so that it reflects what it is all about. I almost didn't check it out at all.

Leigh, mama to Rostislav homeborn Aug 9 2007, and Oksana homeborn Feb 24 2011.
#1004 of 1043 Old 06-09-2009, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookAMH View Post
I'm not able to read through all the posts, but I had a c-section and I've been battling a yeast rash in my 5 week old for 3 1/2 weeks. I started on probiotics two days after surgery. I think I have a decent regimen for the rash (vinegar in bath, air time, lotrimin alternating with coconut oil/oregano oil/TTO mixture). What else can I do to pre-empt any long term issues? He was pretty fussy for a few days this week and I tried cutting out dairy, not sure if it would make a difference so soon (if even an issue) but he was back to himself after a day.

Any advice to pursue any gut healing that may be needed? I would add that I pushed for a couple of hours (had some molding) so I believe there may be some benefit there, unless it's not received unless they come all the way through the birth canal. I also had a yeast infection that I thought was gone by the end of my pregnancy. We do not vaccinate. Breastfeeding is going well. No thrush. Poops are perfect.
Is the probiotic for you or baby? It sounded like you, and you really, really want one for baby, something meant for infants (without dairy or soy) and with lots of bifidobacterium.

I think the benefit is when their face/mouth is in the birth canal--it's direct physical transfer, and then baby swallowing, at least that's my understanding. So I'm guessing baby didn't get that low, I think you'd need a crowning baby for that.

Maybe dairy's not an issue, but almost everyone in this forum has an issue with dairy, but many have other problematic foods as well--soy and gluten are two biggies. Most people see some sort of improvement within about a week, but to really know, I think the usual advice is closer to 3-4 weeks, and at least that long for gluten. I don't know, from what you've said, if it could be just gut dysbiosis, or if there are foods involved as well--maybe guess-and-check is required.
#1005 of 1043 Old 06-10-2009, 09:50 AM

Great thread . ..

I have a 6 year old dd who has chronic loose bms and some emotional outbursts - I have started her on probiotics and some supplements, have gone organic and am trying to weed out the gluten and dairy.

I have a 6 month old dd who has . . .
Reflux (so bad she had seizure like episodes, apnea and once stopped breathing and turned blue).
She can not digest the DHA/ARA in infant formula so I have to buy neocate (it is the only one you can get without dha/ara).
Possibly some food allergies . . . but we are doing her gluten free/casein free
She also takes probiotics and fish oil

I have been pregnant 3 times and have had bad hg with all three. During my 6 month old's pregnancy I took abx for bv (which I believe is a yeast related condition). And obviously nutrtion was an issue because of the really bad hg.

I had one silver filling but that tooth fell out 2 months during my pregnancy with 6 month old. I had to have an emergency root canal during my pg but went to a specialist.

Me, a mess:
HG obviously
Newly developed anxiety and depression
Constant digestive issues (since being a teenager)
Horrible allergies
Chronic strep throat (thus a lot of abx) as a teenager and young 20s
Borderling thyroid function
Insomnia
Lethargy
Mental fog issues

So I think I am going to start the really expensive threelac/oxygen thing mentioned in this thread.

All three of us take epsom salt baths daily and clay baths once a week. The two girls see a chiropractor now.

I take:
A b complex supplement
Zinc
Selenium
A green supplement
Milk thistle
Fish oil

Ack. We are a mess.
#1006 of 1043 Old 06-10-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calm View Post

3) Probiotics will do NOTHING if you have no room left for them on your gut wall. This is why probiotic treatments often fail. You have to make space for the good bacteria, or they are in one end and out the other. Bacteria and yeast stay in our gut by "hooking" into the thin mucosal lining of the colon. Our lining is totally covered as protection from invaders - if they can't hook in, they can't stay and make us ill. This is a major part of the bacteria's job, to act as a fort. Now, you cannot take probiotics and do one iota of good if they can't find room in that fort - neither good guys nor bad guys can find room. If that wall is made up of predominantly yeast, your lining is a mess, you have less good guys helping you digest and well, the list goes on.

They have to be removed, to make room, THEN add probiotics.

4) diet takes WAY too long to be effective. You can kill off the same amount of yeast and start rebalancing in days with a yeast killer with what would take you MONTHS on a diet.
Can you do this while nursing? Also, what does die off look like? Lastly, what is the problem with casein in Threelac?

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then a fast HBAC, then a fast VBAC!!). Planning a third VBAC, again at home, in February 2016.
#1007 of 1043 Old 06-10-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyscoutmom View Post
Great thread . ..

I have a 6 year old dd who has chronic loose bms and some emotional outbursts - I have started her on probiotics and some supplements, have gone organic and am trying to weed out the gluten and dairy.

I have a 6 month old dd who has . . .
Reflux (so bad she had seizure like episodes, apnea and once stopped breathing and turned blue).
She can not digest the DHA/ARA in infant formula so I have to buy neocate (it is the only one you can get without dha/ara).
Possibly some food allergies . . . but we are doing her gluten free/casein free
She also takes probiotics and fish oil

I have been pregnant 3 times and have had bad hg with all three. During my 6 month old's pregnancy I took abx for bv (which I believe is a yeast related condition). And obviously nutrtion was an issue because of the really bad hg.

I had one silver filling but that tooth fell out 2 months during my pregnancy with 6 month old. I had to have an emergency root canal during my pg but went to a specialist.

Me, a mess:
HG obviously
Newly developed anxiety and depression
Constant digestive issues (since being a teenager)
Horrible allergies
Chronic strep throat (thus a lot of abx) as a teenager and young 20s
Borderling thyroid function
Insomnia
Lethargy
Mental fog issues

So I think I am going to start the really expensive threelac/oxygen thing mentioned in this thread.

All three of us take epsom salt baths daily and clay baths once a week. The two girls see a chiropractor now.

I take:
A b complex supplement
Zinc
Selenium
A green supplement
Milk thistle
Fish oil

Ack. We are a mess.
rileyscoutmom,
hugs to you. Your story sounds a lot like mine, especially with the strep throat in my teens and abx, but pretty much all of those things. I believe it's what really started my health problems. Both of my kids and I are doing the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, and it is helping them a lot, but not the final answer. We still have more to figure out. We are doing constitutional homeopathy right now. Check out the chat thread in the allergies forum, because there are a lot of links to all the detox threads, I think in the first post (or that's what they were doing at least). Good luck to you.
#1008 of 1043 Old 06-10-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookAMH View Post
Can you do this while nursing? Also, what does die off look like? Lastly, what is the problem with casein in Threelac?
SOme people are eliminating casein or are allergic to dairy. I'm not sure about hwat is and what's not safe for nursing. I think most people say you have to weight the benefit for the risk, like if you continue with things as they are, and babe isn't getting what they need, then sometimes there are things you ahve to do. I think there are things you can do that help with detox and liver support, and opening up the detox pathways, and that helps babe not be as exposed to whatever die-off is happening with you. I'm not the expert with that though, but check out the chat thread and the detox threads in this forum.
#1009 of 1043 Old 06-11-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyscoutmom View Post
Great thread . ..

This is my DD. We've tried digestive enzymes, probiotics & S. boulardii & nothing has helped.

I'm thinking it might be yeast & thats why the other stuff isn't working.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#1010 of 1043 Old 06-11-2009, 11:59 PM

I've gotten through about 15 pages of this thread and will keep going tomorrow, very good stuff. More info on me in the above post, here. I'm greatly concerned about DS's yeast rash which just will not get better. It gets better then gets worse, and has persisted for 4 weeks despite many efforts and treatments. It's not responding to GSE among other things.

I asked for an Rx for nystatin powder today from my m/w, hasn't been called in yet. I purchased a good probiotic and Candex as well and my 6 week old's Pharmex infant probiotics arrive tomorrow. I hope to start the kill tomorrow. I considered Threelac but can get my hands on nystatin faster. We travel on the 24th so I hope the die off can start and mostly feel better by then (but continue the kill). Is that foolish to try? Should I wait until after the trip? Or, should I do Threelac also for the next week or will that make DS completely miserable?

1. I have nystatin cream...should I try that again on his bottom?
2. What order and spacing should I do the nystatin, probiotic and enzyme? One probiotic is 12b bacteria...is one enough when I do take it?
3. Is this a dosage to follow? (Dr. Buscher)
4. Is there only one kind of nystatin powder in the US?
5. Should I expect his rash to get worse after the kill before it gets better?

ETA: I could not get a nystatin RX for myself but DS's pedi was willing to go with my idea and call in the powder for him, pharmacy won't have it till Monday. I was about to order Threelac overnight to arrive Monday before the pedi called back. Should I take the nystatin power myself, OR give it to him. Wait for Threelac? Any help? His Pharmex probiotic arrived today. I want to start this ASAP.

I posted a separate thread for this here.

#1011 of 1043 Old 07-01-2009, 02:15 AM - Thread Starter

So sorry I haven't been here for those asking questions.

I've had a lot of online consultation stuff. I've had to put them first. Such a range of issues I've had people come to me with. I feel really blessed to be able to spend a year with this. I've been working on things like cancer, MS, HIV/AIDS, lupus, diabetes right through to run of the mill diaper rashes! There are such rewarding moments, esp with children who have medical problems. To help, in any small way in these things is one of the best things I've done.

But more to the point, I've learned SO much. That's why I'm here at the moment, to share what I've found to be useful information along the way. By no means have I learned enough, I don't know if I ever could, if anyone ever could.

Firstly, the one thing I have found to be the main obstacle to healing is compliance. Those that actually do what they need to do, and stick at it, and don't waiver definitely heal faster. Most of the time however, people do want that quick fix, and sometimes we can achieve that. Sometimes not.

We are all very used to the quick fix, and we don't appreciate pain for what it brings. Pain is a messenger, we have to sit with the message, we have to listen to it. Be it emotional, physical or spiritual.

I have found the most important thing to be alkalising the body. It seems to be the glue that makes everything stick. This is not information exclusive to me, there are 10 authors and 80 books for every health theory I could point you to. But all these authors all seem so darn impressive, and their information is always so compelling, even when it flies in the face of the last book I read that said the opposite. So I research endless cases and clinical trial files. The biggest payoff is always when I experiment for myself however. It's the only way to find the truth in amongst all the info. And there is always an element of truth in most information, it's really a case of putting together the puzzle, making them all fit.

For instance, here is my page on removing moles with herbs. Yes. Just with herbs. Be warned, the pictures are graphic. And those pictures are of me and my mole. I experiment, I try to walk the talk and listen to my pain. I suffer for my art.

I can tell you right now that no disease scares me anymore. Not even AIDS or cancer. I've looked them in the face and they are full of hype and crap and run screaming in the face of the right treatment. My family just came home from swimming so I should run but I'll post this and come back shortly with more info.

Hunger is political.  Wherever there is widespread hunger, it is because people with guns are preventing other people from bringing in food.  
#1012 of 1043 Old 07-01-2009, 08:24 AM

D you have a good resource on alkinizing the body?

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#1013 of 1043 Old 07-01-2009, 09:58 AM

I had two books on it. Which I read, and then swapped.
Lemon water is the big one I remember.
I believe that meats were acidic, and I want to say rice too. I sort of took away the theory and did it with my diet. I actually watched the pH of my urine change while I changed my diet. It was pretty cool. One of the books I had was just charts of foods and whether they were acid or alkaline.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#1014 of 1043 Old 07-01-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
D you have a good resource on alkinizing the body?
interesting lists of acid and alkaline foods:
http://www.thewolfeclinic.com/acidalkfoods.html
http://www.essense-of-life.com/info/foodchart.htm
http://www.liferesearchuniversal.com/acid.html
http://www.energiseforlife.com/list_...line_foods.php
http://www.abcompany.com/abco/aw/nutrition/alkaacid.htm
http://books.google.com/books?id=IaH...esult&resnum=1

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=george&dbid=63

"alkaline" forming foods. This is my list of nutrient dense, alkaline forming foods. Most fruits and vegetables are considered alkaline-forming. Cooked foods tend to be more alkaline than raw foods. Many holistic practitioners believe that modern Western diets generally are too acidic due to a lack of fruits and vegetables.

Everything seems to indicate that we need more "alkaline" foods (80% of our diet), because "too much" acid-forming foods is associated with illness. In order to maintain the natural body balance of 80% alkalinity / 20% acidity (the ratio of planet Earth) we must consume at least 80% alkaline-ash producing foods.

Paradoxically, orange juice and lemon juice are acidic in their natural state. However they turn alkaline after they have been metabolized in the body. Therefore, they are usually considered to be alkaline forming foods despite being acidic prior to consumption. Most fruits are alkaline except a few that include cranberries, plums and prunes. These fruits are classified as acidic because they contain acids the body can't metabolize.

A PDF Version of this chart is available [HERE]

Lemon has the ability to counteract acidity in the body. The citric acid found in lemons is neutralized during digestion, giving off carbonates and bicarbonates of potassium and calcium, which helps maintain the alkalinity of the system.

bananas
pineapple
kale
spinach
dandelion
ginger
flax seed oil
collard greens
cinnamon
cucumber
fig
dates
grapes
oranges
pumpkin seeds
chestnuts
sunflower seeds
chili pepper
salt
peppers
sprouts
carrot
celery
garlic
lemons
limes
wheat grass
olive oil
turnip
watermelon
beets
apple
coconut
curry
strawberries
grapefruit juice (note this makes many medications less effective)
pear
peach
bee pollen
almonds
avocado
oranges
cherry juice
black strap molasses
apricots
raisins

Alkaline drinking water is gaining in recognition and popularity among alternative health professionals and consumers alike.

Acidic foods to avoid: grains, meat, beans, egg, cheese, peanuts, butter, chocolate, honey, mayo, vinegar, wine, Brazil nuts, pecans, walnuts. dairy products, meats, seeds, legumes and nuts.

Pat

I have a blog.
#1015 of 1043 Old 07-04-2009, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter

There are many charts online, but most take the info from each other so they are just repeats of the same information, or misinformation in some cases.

The best charts I've found reflect the fact that the sugar counteracts the alkalising effects for most fruits. (fruits are technically cucumbers etc but I mean sweet fruits, those foods we know as fruits in general conversation) Watermelon, lemon, sour cherry and unripe banana being the exceptions. Grapefruit is fairly neutral too. Pat's energiseforlife link above is good.

For a more detailed list: food ash charts

Those charts can be downloaded as pdfs I believe.

I also like that those lists have numbers beside the foods, so you can see just how alk or acid a food ash will be. If neutralising a food takes more alkalinity than it supplies, it counteracts any alkalising ash or properties it has.

The fastest way to alkalise is to go on a green juice cleanse. It's great, you think you've healed and are in great shape and then you do this and end up puking for days with mucous running out of every orifice. It really pulls the last of the crap out.

I write out info for each person I am helping, which is not working out for me because it is time consuming. I need to put together some info that covers everything, or as much as possible. I am currently working on this, and can give what I have already for those interested:

A human body has 10 times more microbial cells than human cells. It is 90% microbial. Which means we are only 10% human. That's a sobering thought. We not only need those microbes, we are those microbes. Makes one wonder what exactly we are killing when we use antibiotics, doesn't it?

When it comes to “germs” and “catching a cold", we have to think about a few facts. All of us carry bugs like staph on our skin and in our bodies all the time. We are surrounded by all the bugs we could possibly need to become sick. But largely, we don't get sick. Why does one person get a staph infection but another not suffer? It isn't that they were “exposed” because we are all exposed, all the time.

The “bugs” (yeast, bacteria, etc) each have a place to be and a job to do and we rely on them, we need them for health. The problem occurs when they move to a place they shouldn't be, or if they grow in number or if they are triggered to perform a task at the wrong time or place.* Ordinarily there are functions in place that prevent them getting a foothold in the wrong place, the immune system is one of those things amongst many but the most important is the pH (acid/alkaline balance).

This does not eliminate “catching” bugs from someone else. Someone can cough a bug on us that should not be in our respiratory system for instance and we breathe it in and potentially get sick from it. Again, some do, some don't and there is a reason why. However, catching disease is not as common as we thought. Most seasonal illness is actually the body detoxifying and rearranging where the bugs are in the body. We don't always catch our “common colds” for instance.* It is a normal bodily function we should support and rejoice when it hits.* Toxins and bugs are wrapped in mucous and sent out in packages, causing sneezing, coughing, and a full and achy head, amongst other unpleasantness.

Fevers are an especially good blessing, and should be supported to run their full course.* Inducing a fever is often a great way to cure an illness.* There was a place, can't remember the name of it offhand but I'll look for it later, that had no cancer at all.* But they had rampant malaria.* When the malaria problem was removed, cancer became as common as it is in western cultures.* Knowing about fever and its curing nature, it seems evident that what kept cancer at bay in that area was the regular fevering that malaria caused.* When we consider how quickly we give fever medication to children (often causing temps to actually rise too high in a "rebound effect"), how much chronic illness have we allowed to set in in exchange?

We need to learn to trust the body a whole lot more, because we have no idea what we're dealing with.* Universal intelligence, or God if so inclined, is a little smarter than the average Joe and knows what it is doing... suppressing symptoms and preventing all the things the body does when it is ill is simply not working for us.* The body can and will cure itself of absolutely anything.* All it needs are the resources and right environment.

The human body was designed a certain way and thrives under certain conditions.* There are cultures on Earth that still live this way but they are few and becoming fewer as we destroy them and their way of life, especially the well intentioned "missionaries" that travel the planet with their version of the good word and the good medicine.* Some cultures live an average of 130 years, with people as old as 150 and older who are vibrant and well.* They drop dead without any chronic disease.* It is our birthright to die healthy at about twice the age we currently do, contrary to popular myth. One does not have to get decrepit, demented, listless, pained and broken for years before a much longed for death at the tender age of just 80.*

This human design relies on certain principles that, given the lifestyle we were meant to lead, would have been most instinctual and easy to abide by.* As it is, we have moved into a culture of the complete opposite of this, and our bodies suffer.**

We are not meant to be carnivores (mostly meat eaters), nor are we even meant to be omnivores (both meat and plant eaters).* We are frugivores.* Frugivores are plant eaters that eat a substantial amount of fruit.* This is evidenced by our digestive system, which is that of a frugivore, our teeth, which are not shaped to tear raw flesh (like carnivores) and certain other features.*

A human is actually repulsed by dead animals, this is the natural instinct.* We also cannot kill with our bare hands (most of us) as it goes against our natural compassionate nature.* We have to cook the meat to eat it also.* We don't have to see the animal live and die when we buy a “steak”, and if it weren't for the fact that it comes all tidily packaged and looks so unlike an animal we can overlook it then we may never eat it at all. It is all completely unlike a carnivore/omnivore and exactly like a herbivore/frugivore.* Aside from the fact that it is completely devoid of higher thinking and spirituality to devour other living beings.*

Just because we CAN and HAVE done something, doesn't mean we SHOULD.* That is like saying that we can murder and have done for many centuries, therefore, we should.* The evidence is that humanity started eating meat as soon as we made the TOOLS to do so.* Again, we could, so we did - doesn't mean that was the best idea we had at the time.

We thrive as herbivore/frugivore because that is our design, much like an ape, and even eating meat every month or so would not impact us too greatly if we were for the most part living according to design.* All issues the powers that be tell us we would have with protein are false, we need less than we are told we need, plus there is more protein in many vegetables, per kilo, than meat.* When in doubt about the strength of a body without meat, remember that the biggest animals on land do not eat meat.* There's nothing weak about an elephant, and cows do not get their protein out of a shake. Regarding vitamin B12, bacteria make this, just as they make many other things for us. We don't find it in our food because we weren't meant to eat it. We were meant to be functioning well enough to have it made for us by healthy bacteria in our gut.

The main problem with our diet, which has many problems we are all already aware of, is that it is acid forming.* Meat, grains, dairy, sugar... what we eat is highly acid forming and we ingest barely any alkaline foods. Our cells work constantly to balance the pH, because a change even as small as a few micro points means death.* Think of body temperature.* Even a change of just a degree or two means symptoms, and it only takes a few more degrees to kill.* The body works within tight parameters, built to function on this planet, not any other, in certain climates, with certain sleep/wake expectations and particular food needs.* Under those conditions we need never get sick or suffer mental issues and we need not die sick and early.*

The pH of the body is the first line of defense, and acidity goes hand in hand with low oxygen.* Low oxygen means bugs start to ferment using our cells to do so, fungi start to colonise and grow.* Tumors, cysts, diabetes, autoimmunity, immune deficiency, obesity, osteoporosis, all these things and more await your acid system.*

It is the diet and lifestyle that causes the acidity.* It is the acidity that causes the bugs to change.* It is the bugs and their chemicals that cause the disease.*

We can kill off the bugs, but being that they are a part of us and meant to be there, it isn't really a long term solution.* We need to alkalise the system and provide the building blocks necessary for the body to repair itself and basically stand back and "let God".* While doing this, we can provide certain chemicals (found in plants, not surprisingly) that will help cull back the morbid fungi and other microorganisms.* However, without alkalising, they will just move right on back in.

Yeast and fungi, for example, clean up dead matter, and (this is putting complex biology way too simply) they are going to recycle the body when it dies. When you see fruit on the bench go brown, black and then rot away, that is the same process. Fungi sets in and does its biological job. We want them to do this when we die however, not while we are still alive. Acidity triggers many things, and decay is one of them. Sick, acidic tissue attracts fungi, and fungi create acidity, causing a cycle. Any tissue that is damaged, such as the lung of a smoker, is going to give the perfect foothold for decomposing fungi to move in and colonise – this is known as cancer. For more information on cancer, see www.sagaciousmama.synthasite.com/cancer

Alkalising food is the food we were meant to eat.* Things like green plants.* A food is classified as alkaline or acid according to the "ash" it leaves after the body has "burned" it.* It is these foods that we will use to alkalise the system.*

However, if we are unhealthy, it will not usually be enough to simply start eating more "biologically appropriate".* And if we are sick, it is even more necessary to do more than that.* We need to get the alkalising effect of a very large box of vegetables into us every day to alkalise all that acid.* There is only one way to fit all that into us and that is to juice.**

Juicing allows us to turn a big pile of vegetables into a neat glass of liquid.* It removes the fiber but keeps most of the nutrients of the food.* So there is less to ingest but almost the same benefit.*

For one week (if you are sick, less if you have no symptoms), you need to juice GREEN vegetables, enough to make about 8 cups of it a day.* To that, you add pills/powder of power greens (barley grass, wheat grass, alfalfa etc).* It is a week of seriously short cutting a heavy induction of alkalising minerals into the body, complete with the enzymes found in the vegetables.*

There are TWO goals of the first week.* First is to alkalise.* Second is to cleanse.* The juicing will do this, but we also add things that will help move the bowels along and cleanse out the bowel, liver, and body cells.* The bugs produce chemicals in their day to day life and these chems go straight into you (they've nowhere else to go!) - these chems/toxins will come out while the good stuff goes in.* The balance in the cells will start to be struck.*

We also flood the system with chems that will kill/remove/change the fungi, which is very useful for things like cancer, AIDS, diabetes and so on.*

After the first cleanse, then you stay eating alkaline for as long as possible.* Some recommend 6 to 8 weeks.* This means 100% alkaline.* Ordinarily, we relax into a biologically appropriate eating style of 75+% alkaline to 25% acid.* The time period of the 100% alkaline diet can be modified depending on your individual circumstances and symptoms.* Whatever you choose, do not make the mistake of breaking the cleanse, however short it was, with acidifying foods or you will pay the price - the body will reject it, almost immediately.

(fruit can be reintroduced into the diet more and more as symptoms decline)

That's it so far.

I still use my standard anti yeast herbs and the gut bug "killers" such as threelac. I find that is a good place to start otherwise there is a significant healing crisis if it is all done at once. Depending on time. When dealing with things like cancer and AIDS I think it is better to overhaul the system from the get go because no matter what the healing crisis is, it is going to be milder than standard medical treatments for those conditions on their body.

If interested in more specifics, let me know and as I find time I'll drip feed more info here.

Hunger is political.  Wherever there is widespread hunger, it is because people with guns are preventing other people from bringing in food.  
#1016 of 1043 Old 07-04-2009, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

I don't know what caused those stars at the end of the sentences. Sorry about that. :

#1017 of 1043 Old 07-05-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
The fastest way to alkalise is to go on a green juice cleanse. It's great, you think you've healed and are in great shape and then you do this and end up puking for days with mucous running out of every orifice. It really pulls the last of the crap out.
Would this be green juice with no fruit mixed in? And do you just have juice, no food?

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#1018 of 1043 Old 07-05-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
Would this be green juice with no fruit mixed in? And do you just have juice, no food?
There is a fascinating program called Juice Feasting. http://www.juicefeasting.com/ It is no food, just juice.

Generally, I've been reading that fruit is ideally consumed separately from vegetables, due to acidity issues. The fruit just ferments in the stomach, rather than being digested rapidly, as when eaten alone.

I believe it is more palatable for folks to try green juice, if there is a fruit base, however. Currently, we just juice vegetables (plus a lemon) in the mornings. And make smoothies with fruit in the afternoon, tossing in some baby spinach.

Pat

I have a blog.
#1019 of 1043 Old 07-05-2009, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

No fruit. Corrupted palates usually mean we can't taste the subtle sweetness of the veggies at first, but it gets better. Although, by the end of the cleanse, the last thing you want is a green juice! I found a soup that is appropriate for an alkalising cleanse, and if it is slow cooked on low heat (retaining enzymes etc) then it is even more alkaline. I can copy the recipe here, for those interested in the cleanse.

When we went on the cleanse as a family, we did the soup. Without it, it is a very tough cleanse. Even with the soup, it isn't easy. And then you get sick, which makes it even less pleasant. All of us got sick here. My son (15 months now) did it, I just took him off solids and he only had breast milk and spoonfuls of the green juice, soup and some of the supplements if they were liquid. He just got a runny nose and slight "cold" symptoms.

My daughter, she got very sick for about 12 hours. She vomited all night and her temp went down to 96. I put her in a hot bath and submerged her so only her nose was out of the water, then wrapped her with a hot water bottle. Her temp went up to 99, I wanted it to go over 100 but it kept dropping. She was fine after the induced fever, although the cleanse for her was too short, only two days.

My husband got very sick. He was stuck in bed for a couple of days. I vomited for several hours the second day and got a "cold". I lost my voice and got a cough at the end of it. Lots of mucous between the four of us.

Anyway, I recommend it, and have seen it work its magic on others. I'll post the details of it shortly.

#1020 of 1043 Old 07-06-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calm View Post
No fruit. Corrupted palates usually mean we can't taste the subtle sweetness of the veggies at first, but it gets better. Although, by the end of the cleanse, the last thing you want is a green juice! I found a soup that is appropriate for an alkalising cleanse, and if it is slow cooked on low heat (retaining enzymes etc) then it is even more alkaline. I can copy the recipe here, for those interested in the cleanse.

When we went on the cleanse as a family, we did the soup. Without it, it is a very tough cleanse. Even with the soup, it isn't easy. And then you get sick, which makes it even less pleasant. All of us got sick here. My son (15 months now) did it, I just took him off solids and he only had breast milk and spoonfuls of the green juice, soup and some of the supplements if they were liquid. He just got a runny nose and slight "cold" symptoms.

My daughter, she got very sick for about 12 hours. She vomited all night and her temp went down to 96. I put her in a hot bath and submerged her so only her nose was out of the water, then wrapped her with a hot water bottle. Her temp went up to 99, I wanted it to go over 100 but it kept dropping. She was fine after the induced fever, although the cleanse for her was too short, only two days.

My husband got very sick. He was stuck in bed for a couple of days. I vomited for several hours the second day and got a "cold". I lost my voice and got a cough at the end of it. Lots of mucous between the four of us.

Anyway, I recommend it, and have seen it work its magic on others. I'll post the details of it shortly.
Sounds delightful? Not.

I imagine not good while breastfeeding, even though you did it.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page