Anyone done hair testing for food allergies (EAV)? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 08-21-2008, 05:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm trying to figure out the reasons behind DD's eczema. She is just breastfed at the moment so it may be something I'm eating that is bothering her. I've eliminated dairy from my diet and initially I thought that was helping but I think that was perhaps a coincidence as she is no better now. I thought perhaps allergy testing might be a quicker way to find out if certain foods bother her. Has anyone tried the hair testing? Were the results accurate?

Kelly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 08-21-2008, 02:09 PM

As far as I know, we don't have that test here in the states. Calm mentioned it a while ago (she's in your neck of the woods)... not sure if she had it done or not.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#3 of 4 Old 08-22-2008, 07:10 AM

We had it done because it was the only option for us. We had to mail it from Asia to England. It was cheap, and seemed fairly accurate, showing one new thing that we didn't know about and showing all the ones we were 100% sure about. That said, it didn't change much with the eczema. Still the same. So, I am thinking that we are dealing with more than just allergies.
Hope it works for you. Even if it has false positives, you can eliminate and reintroduce.
Have you tried eliminating the top 8? Or just start by eliminating dairy and gluten? Then, if she still has issues, eggs? Those three seem to be responsible for a lot of eczema cases. Also, keep in mind that dairy and gluten takes weeks to months to get out of your system. We saw some improvement after two months.

#4 of 4 Old 08-26-2008, 04:02 PM

DH did hair testing for vitamin deficiency and excessive metals through our chiropractor. It was under $100 and worth the $.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page