Mothering Forum banner

Enzymes are everything

434 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  menomena 
#1 ·
The skin on my pinky finger kept deteriorating. It would look like it had been stabbed several times with a needle, and the skin was peeling. It looked horrible and felt sore. I'm on an aspirin a day since I had a small stroke at 12 days post partum and thought it was related to the aspirin. I had 12-14 bruises on my body at any given time. I went down to once per week with the aspirin, but it didn't help.

Well, 10 days ago we went back to see our chiro/chinese med/accu doc. She took one look at my finger and asked me if I'd been eating a lot of nuts. In fact, I have been chowing down the almonds. I've also been off of my enzymes more or less as I was "rationing" them as it is hard for me to get back there. I also had found out that same day that they had corn in them. She told me I wasn't digesting the nuts.

The next day I found enzymedica gold digest at my co-op. I hadn't even realized I could get them there. The ones from my doc you cannot get at a store, or order online unless you are a practitioner. I assumed it would be the same with the enzymedica.

Well, after 48 hours of taking one every time I was about to eat, my finger was almost completely better.

Amazing.

Right from the start this woman has maintained that all our problems were stemming from me not digesting properly. I really believe that now.

???????????????????????????
Should I be giving the baby enzymes? If so, which one(s) and how?

Thanks,
Tracy

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes, it took us awhile to realize that it was important to take enzymes with every meal and snack (well, any snack larger than a bite here or there) to help digest food.

I give my 3.5yr old enzymes b/c her poop was routinely coming up with tons of undigested foods. (As was mine.) My 16mo I do NOT give enzymes to because she still nurses for 80+% of her nutrition and her poop seems to be okay (it should be; the girl will sit and chew on a piece of carrot for an hour
).

Everyone here gets probiotics, including the 16mo. Only DH, DD1 & I do fish oil, though, b/c DD2's diapers were starting to smell fishy and I wasn't sure what that meant.
So, I pulled back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.