He loves to eat, hates to eat, just turned one, hates napping in his crib, loves sleeping on me..... - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 09-30-2011, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

And on and on!

I think I've got a pretty normal 1 year old...but here are a few of my questions I have been dying to ask!

1.  This morning he ate an entire scrambled egg with cheese, some banana (bout 1/3) banana, an entire Beechnut 3rd Peaches and Bluberries and had water with breakfast.  We just switched to whole milk...we still put a bit of formula in it so he'll take it...but he drinks about 30oz a day of that plus water off and on.  Other times he will scream and cry and refuse to eat anything....it's like there is no happy medium...is this sounding normal?

2.  He hasn't said any words yet...he makes tons of noises, and "oh's" at everything. He will babble mamamama, dadadada, num num num when he eats something good....but really not much else. He doesn't seem to really associate me with mama and dada with hubs.  Anyone else?  My pediatrician said he'll probably just be a late talker and he definitely hears well, and his ears are clear of fluid she said.  If we ask him to call the kitty and things like that he will coo for the kitty in his "kitty" noise.

3.  I'm embarassed to admit it...but Aiden naps on me.  Or hubs, or gramma...every day.  He won't nap in his crib.  Sleeps great 10-11 hours every night in there and falls asleep easily...but if I put him in his crib he tenses screams and won't go back to sleep.  I've tried the crying to sleep a couple of times, but saw no progress, and his naps were only about 45 mins versus 2.5hours when in the crib.  And dealing with a crabby baby was not a great experience.

4.  I am a stay at home mommy.  I'm lucky I think.  I love the attachment and bonding Aiden and I have...but I've had some negative reactions to him being probably a bit more clingy to me than other kiddos his age.  I don't mind it, and hubs doesn't.  He loves all his relatives, and has fun when we travel and such...but just prefers me for napping and putting him to sleep.  Normal?

femalesling.GIFBabywearing, familybed1.gif CoNapping, dog2.gifdog2.gif2 Pitbulls, cat.gif1 Cat,

babyboy.gifDS Aiden 9/2010, dishes.gifsewmachine.gifwash.gifknit.gifhang.gifStay at home wife to David.joy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 09-30-2011, 12:37 PM

Well, except for the nap thing, it sounds about like mine...My guy is also not quite walking yet, although he's making progress in that direction.

Mama to Silas Anansi, born 9/9/10 and Petra Eadaion, born 10/1/12.

#3 of 5 Old 09-30-2011, 12:42 PM

I think it all sounds within the range of normal. My son also would sleep wonderfully overnight in the crib (12 hours straight through), but he wouldn't nap very well anywhere. Including on me.

Regarding the eating, there are days that my 3.5 year old eats a ton and other days he just picks. I believe as long as you feel they are getting adequate weekly nutrition, it's fine.

Mama to three

#4 of 5 Old 09-30-2011, 10:39 PM

Normal!

And, even the nap thing.  Mine have always been clingy to me for their first couple of years, but when they decide to branch out, they are confident little people.  Trust in the attachment parenting process.  It really is worth it. :)

Beebsmom likes this.

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#5 of 5 Old 10-05-2011, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you....this totally put a smile on my face.  I get a ton of grief over my attachment parenting from relatives...but so far we have created SUCH a happy healthy boy....we can't say anything but positives about it.  I do wish he slept as well in our big bed with us...but wherever he gets the best sleep I spose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1More View Post

Normal!

And, even the nap thing.  Mine have always been clingy to me for their first couple of years, but when they decide to branch out, they are confident little people.  Trust in the attachment parenting process.  It really is worth it. :)

femalesling.GIFBabywearing, familybed1.gif CoNapping, dog2.gifdog2.gif2 Pitbulls, cat.gif1 Cat,

babyboy.gifDS Aiden 9/2010, dishes.gifsewmachine.gifwash.gifknit.gifhang.gifStay at home wife to David.joy.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page