How to explain separation - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 10-18-2015, 02:03 AM - Thread Starter
rvw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Exclamation How to explain separation

How do I explain divorce to my children? My todlers were quite young when I got a divorce a year ago (2 and 3). Divorce is still on going. They are now almost 3 and 4.

I just told them they will stay with me for a week and then with my ex for a week for now. They accept that and they don't ask any questions at all. But that time will come. Should I explain the situation or wait until they ask?

I should also say my eldest does not speak fluently yet. He is making great progress but he is behind. That makes it a bit harder to explain something. I'm worrying it might be too early.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 10-26-2015, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter
rvw

Exclamation

Can anyone answer my question, please?
#3 of 5 Old 10-26-2015, 05:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
life has changed. Dad is not at home anymore. entire pic changed. Kids feel what mama feels and see what is going on around. The problem is that they dont have words to explain what they feel and see. So it is up to you to put words to feelings and situations. A divorce is not necessary a bad thing. It is just a change. If you are working on yourself, your feelings etc then that is it. There is no perfect advice. There is no solution or one way to do that. Every family is different and so you. I can suggest some personal therapy and if you want I can give you some references of a type of therapy working very well.

Big hugs to you

#4 of 5 Old 10-29-2015, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter
rvw

Thank you, pulcetti.

Yes, please do suggest therapy, references, etc.
#5 of 5 Old 10-29-2015, 07:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
There is a type of therapy you can do online via Skype. It's based on Laura Gutman's long work. She had been a psychotherapist for over 20 years. She wrote a lot of books and I'm sure if you google it You gonna find her. Her team of therapists based in Buenos Aires work obviously also via skype and the work you put yourself into is really deep but it does really pay of. I did it and I can assure you I feel much better, more self confident and more in the present moment. You can write an email to the secretary and the prices are fair. Around 80 dollars per one hour if I remember correctly. The e- mail address is:
[email protected]

Tags
divorce , separation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page