Co-'sleeping' with my 18 month old. - Mothering Forums

#1 of 1 Old 10-20-2019, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Co-'sleeping' with my 18 month old.

My boyfriend, lilies dad, sleeps on the couch although the bed is big enough for all of us. My daughter's always been a poor sleeper and by 8.5 months I just had to move her into my bed. I haven't gotten good sleep since my third trimester and the LO is now 18.5 months. I really can't take anymore sleep deprivation and lilies tired after two hours awake but still insists on keeping the 4-5 hour wake time, so one nap it is. Mostly I would like to know who here has had any luck getting better sleep at night at this age. Daughters a high strung little one with energy for days, impartial to sleep, and to busy to nurse much in the day time. By the time she was 3 months she had to much to think about to nurse until night time so we've always been night nursers. I've been noticing that she can put herself to sleep much more at night than ever before so I started Jay Gordon partial night weaning this week then after two nights we got sick so I'm putting it on hold. But had anyone here had any luck with a similar busy baby and better sleep with any method. Well not any method cuz I'm looking for gentle methods, at least not leaving her alone to cry. We bed share so I would like to wait to transition her to her bed until she stops night nursing so frequently. Anybody with any advice or a anything?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page