Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (https://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Life with a Toddler (https://www.mothering.com/forum/31-life-toddler/)
-   -   Hey Victor! Hey Freddie! (https://www.mothering.com/forum/31-life-toddler/668930-hey-victor-hey-freddie.html)

limabean 05-06-2007 01:23 PM

Let's eat some
Spaghetti!

Hey Victor!
I'm ready
To eat some
Spaghetti
With Freddie!

:

Adorable song, but make. it. stop. running through my head! Darn you and your catchy tunes, Laurie Berkner!

LEAW 05-06-2007 01:29 PM

just wait... we've moved on to MUSICALS! Dd now runs through the house singing "ta mawwo, ta mawwo, I lub ya, ta maooowo, you day waaaaay!"

I wonder if she'd like RENT?

NiteNicole 05-06-2007 01:34 PM

I feel your pain. Right now it's the Magic Box song that's killing me. It's so off key and strained and just HORRIBLE. MAKE IT STOP.

riverscout 05-06-2007 01:38 PM

As soon as I saw the thread title I could hear it starting in my head. Thanks! That song is the worst earworm ever. It just won't stop.

rmzbm 05-06-2007 03:06 PM

Yup. It's stuck in my head now too! We have that CD - my kids like it but we haven't listened to it in a long time! Right now DD2 is obsessed with a Wiggles music CD - plus her all time favorite Barney hit "A silly hat..." :

Ambyrkatt 05-06-2007 03:17 PM

I LOVE that song! DS is still stuck on "Pig on her head", but I can't stop singing about Victor and Freddie.

rmzbm 05-06-2007 03:19 PM

"...and he keeps it there all day!"
THANKS!

twopinknoblue 05-06-2007 03:30 PM

Poor you......I know the song you are talking about, and I CAN'T STAND it!! Childrens music drives me batty.

Luckily, DD loves to listen to Grateful Dead, Coldplay, and Sarah McLaughlin so at least I get to hear tolerable songs time and again!!

Blucactus 05-06-2007 07:05 PM

At least you're not humming Barney tunes while you're having sex!! That's truly the worst!!!! :

rmzbm 05-06-2007 07:40 PM

: Nope, never during sex - but during plenty of other weird times! I was singing the "silly hat" song in the bank the other day....and realized later that my 13 month old was walking that day, not being carried...so the odd looks they gave me...I can't help but wonder if they didn't know she was there until we walked out!

limabean 05-06-2007 08:53 PM

Yeeaaahh, so it's been 7 hours now and I'm STILL over here going "Victor Vito and Freddie Vasco moved from El Cerrito all the way to Alaska..." : : :

Luckily DS likes grown-up music too -- he loves the Mother Hips, Wilco, and Jack Johnson -- but he's on a major kids' music kick right now, which I really don't mind -- I admit I like singing all the silly songs and dancing around the living room.