Is Your 2-year old obsessed with the boob? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 24 Old 09-07-2007, 12:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just want some other mamas to chime in and say YEAAAAAH.

My two-year old boy is still nuts for nursing. Not so much in public though he does ask, but definitely all the time when we're home, and still nurses in the night in the ol' family bed.

I hardly know anyone who nursed after one, let alone til now. And whenever I meet someone who does, they say it's just night and morning.

So I wanted to see who else is out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 24 Old 09-07-2007, 01:25 AM

me!!!

i miss you and i miss NY.
been meaning to email you for ages, and saw your name here.
and finley will be 2 in november and is still nuts for the boob.

more soon via email, i promise.

give NY and yourself and your little guy a hug for me.
#3 of 24 Old 09-07-2007, 01:27 AM

Boobies Boobies Boobies & then nuzzles them. DD 3 in Jan is def a boobie girl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evie P. View Post

My two-year old boy is still nuts for nursing. Not so much in public though he does ask, but definitely all the time when we're home, and still nurses in the night in the ol' family bed.

I hardly know anyone who nursed after one, let alone til now. And whenever I meet someone who does, they say it's just night and morning.

Lovin Jesus, Homeschooling, CLW Unity( jan05) & living life with my Hero of 10 years, 5 cats & 3 turtles

#4 of 24 Old 09-07-2007, 01:58 AM

we don't nurse as often as we used to but you should see the smile on kellen's face every single time. he'll be 2 in october.
#5 of 24 Old 09-07-2007, 01:59 AM

My 3yr old is. Does that help?

-Angela
#6 of 24 Old 09-07-2007, 02:10 AM

My two- year old is. She loves nursing even though I have very little milk left. She talks to them, makes them dance, asks for stories about them...:
#7 of 24 Old 09-07-2007, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naismama View Post
My two- year old is. She loves nursing even though I have very little milk left. She talks to them, makes them dance, asks for stories about them...:
:
#8 of 24 Old 09-07-2007, 07:56 AM

Mine will be 2 in October.. he's ALLLLLL about the milk. I have a 3 month old too.. The older one is very demanding, although he only gets milk a few times per day and even then he is so busy popping on and off to talk to me about the breast that he doesn't really get much actual milk.
#9 of 24 Old 09-07-2007, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naismama View Post
How cute! I'd love to hear some stories! My DD is only 4 mo , I'm just waiting for her to talk about nursing.

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
#10 of 24 Old 09-07-2007, 10:04 AM

Mine does too. 2yo DS nurses about a hundred times a day. When I am sick of nursing and I tell him no, he goes and gets a toy and tells me it needs to nurse. I can't say no to a truck! Then he says he wants milk too. He loves to tandem with his toys. I've nursed trucks, dinosaurs, puppies, dolls, a xylophone. Its hilarious.
#11 of 24 Old 09-07-2007, 11:11 AM

Dd is over two now and still nurses tons. Probably 5 times/day and the same number during the night.

Karen - spouse to dh for 11 years, mama to ds (Nov '02), dd (May '05) and ds and dd (Jun '08)

#12 of 24 Old 09-07-2007, 11:42 AM

My oldest is almost three, and doesn't even nurse anymore (weaned during PG) but she is STILL obessesed with my boobs.

I have to be careful when I'm topless, or she'll attack me
#13 of 24 Old 09-07-2007, 12:10 PM

I am so happy to see this thread. My ds, who is 2 1/2, is obsessed with "nursie" as we call it. It's been really tough for me lately since I am trying to get him to only nurse at bedtime and wake up time, but he's very persistent and gets really upset if he can't nurse when he wants. I am getting kind of tired of nursing, to be honest, but I really want him to self wean and not have to give up nursing since he loves it so much.
It helps to see that other kids the same age are equally obsessed!
#14 of 24 Old 09-07-2007, 01:21 PM

DD nursed until just over 2. Now, at 2.5, she hasn't actually breast-fed for a few months, but is VERY attached to my breasts. I don't know if she could fall asleep at night without holding them.

One time she was using two hands to sort-of shape one in a funny way and when I asked what she was doing, she said, "I'm building a sand castle!" Other times, she pretends they are "cupcakes" and blows out the candle. She also talks a lot about how the baby we are expecting is going to "drink you breasts". She says she will share!
#15 of 24 Old 09-07-2007, 02:11 PM

Jesus, yeah. We'll be out somewhere and dd will start rubbing them and say to whomever, "I sure do love these boobs." Good grief!
#16 of 24 Old 09-07-2007, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My 2yo ds loves to nurse. Day and night. In fact, I've been trying to go with the "don't offer, don't refuse" idea, but sometimes I do refuse because sometimes he wants to nurse again after only 15-20 mins....

Mama to 10 yo ds and 7 yo dd.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#17 of 24 Old 09-07-2007, 02:29 PM

Both my daughter at 2 and my son at 2 were completely obsessed with nursing every five minutes!!!
#18 of 24 Old 09-07-2007, 02:36 PM

In a word "yes". If we are out and about and running around he'll go all day no milkies (and on the days I work he'll go all day no milkies no problem, I work p/t) but on the days we are at home and doing chores he'll nurse several times a day. I love nursing and I am happy to do 2/3 times aday but it sort of getting annoying at this point!
#19 of 24 Old 09-07-2007, 02:46 PM

Yup my DS (23 mos) is nursing like a newborn & I'm wiped out.

He tells Knock Knock jokes while he's nursing

DS "Knock Knock
Me: Who's there?
DS: Nighs (this is what he calls nursing)
Me: Nighs Who?
DS: Nighs mmmmmmm Mama

or

DS: Knock Knock
Me: Who's There?
DS: Me
Me: Me Who?
DS: Me wuv Nighs Mama

If he wasn't so darned cute I'd cut him off

Lola , loving my DH, Mama to & we &
#20 of 24 Old 09-07-2007, 11:28 PM - Thread Starter

Holy cripes this is the best post ever -- Somebody publish this!

These posts hilariously restore my confidence in being able to continue the endless supply of boob. Now I'm gonna laugh raucously when he schreeches BEEEEEEEBOOOOOOO for the nine millionth time per day instead of wondering if we are a family of freaks. (Not to mention that dear old friend met on MDC saw post after disappearing to CA months ago -- Hi, Hillary and Finley!)

I have nothing so funny as the rest of you, but I will mention this -- from about 3 months on, he would emit a throaty laugh which increased in intensity and pitch as the boob loomed toward him. Soon this throaty laugh became the signal for nursing, then the mode of requesting it until about 18 months when he was able to say boobie (thanks to papa), which I quickly managed to change to beeboo. Now at 26 months, after saying beeboo and then seeing the much-desired once-melon-shaped-now-sunken-sack-shaped appendage, the throaty laugh bubbles up until it is stifled by the palpable hit of boob. ALL DAY LONG AND ALL NIGHT TOO.

Ah, he wakes as I write, boob to the rescue.
#21 of 24 Old 09-07-2007, 11:35 PM

Liam is just over 30 months now and stilllll loves his boobie! I never thought I would be nursing this long!!! Its nuts and exciting all at the same time!!
#22 of 24 Old 09-08-2007, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evie P. View Post

well .. we're not 2 yet (17m), but DD#2 loves the boobies! Phew .. she wears me out sometimes. I have no idea how many times a day I nurse .... I don't keep track.

We do the drive by nurse .... come by, nurse just enough for me to let down, then she's off and running ...
We also do the "I like them in one spot" .... I'll have her nursing on the L, and she will finish. Instead of letting me switch her around, she will just pull me over to where she is to nurse on the R .... argh!
I have to be careful wearing tank tops out in public with her ... she will reach down the front, and start pulling my breasts out .... clamoring "Mama!!", and signing milk!!

Catholic homeschooling mom of 5 - a teenager, a kindergartener, twin boys and a tiny princess. Follow the Adventures! 

#23 of 24 Old 09-08-2007, 08:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh yeah. He's crazy for it. He talks about my boobs all the time.

The other day we were cuddling before bed and he said "Can I snuggle with your boobs?".

Mooooom! to  guitar.gifDS (1/05) and whistling.gifDSS (11/05).  TTC fingersx.gifour "ours" after VR on 10/12.  

#24 of 24 Old 09-08-2007, 11:02 PM

I love this thread! The throaty laugh, the knock knock jokes, the cupcakes

My almost 2 yr old is obsessed, too. The minute he sees me, it's 'muhr mump? muhr mump?' his version of 'more milk'. I have the same problem with tank tops! Too easy access!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page