Extended breastfeeding at 15 months - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 05-13-2016, 06:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Extended breastfeeding at 15 months

Hallo ladies,

How many times a day and for how long does your 15 month olds nurse for? How much do they eat and do they take other liquids like water, tea, juice etc?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 05-13-2016, 07:30 AM

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Mine is 19 months but things haven't changed much. She has long nursing sessions in the morning after the school bus comes, before her nap, and before bedtime. Sometimes more in between, but those are shorter and more acrobatic. She still nurses at night a LOT. We cosleep and she's on and off from the time I go to bed until morning, although I sleep through it so I'm not sure how much time is spent nursing. Definitely 2 or 3 longer periods of nursing each night.

She eats 3 regular meals and a few small snacks per day, generally the same food as everyone else. She still has trouble chewing lots of foods - meats, raw fruits and veggies, so some meals are more chewing and spitting than real consumption. She does great with all sorts of soups, berries, eggs and cheese. We eat a lot of soup around here

My older DD barely are anything besides puree pouches and cottage cheese at 15 months. She was eating normally by 2, if you're worried about that.
#3 of 4 Old 05-13-2016, 02:07 PM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Mine are both older now but they were still feeding heaps at that age. Like NewMamaLizzy said, they both started eating more after they turned 2.

15 months isn't extended breastfeeding. The World Health Organisation recommends that babies breastfeed until *at least* two years old :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#4 of 4 Old 05-18-2016, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
My daughter and I naturally came to an end breastfeeding at 15 months, by that time, she was only feeding once a day. Drinking water and cows' milk for the majority of her liquids.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page