Anyone else have a boob obsessed toddler? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 23 Old 02-06-2006, 01:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Today we were in target. Ds (2.5) saw the bra section and went crazy. Boobs!! Mama! Boobs! I like boobs!
Later when he was bored in the electronics with dad, I asked him if he wanted to go look at the toy sections-- he said, no, he wanted to go to the boob section. So I took him. Again, he ran around touching and petting the bras and saying, I want you wear this one mama, I like orange boobs! I like yellow boobs! I like blue boobs!

Dh has been supportive but things like this, I know make him wonder if I am warping my son. Any other stories to share. . . .

or are we freaks???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 23 Old 02-06-2006, 03:06 AM

I don't wear a bra, so DS has never - ever - seen one. Yet I was looking for clearance long underwear at Target last week, and we ended up in the lingerie section. I guess I didn't think much of it until DS - 22 months and only BARELY talking - starts shouting "boobs!! Boobs!!" of course it sounded more like "booo" but I knew exactly what he was saying...

So, my toddler likes the bra section, too.
#3 of 23 Old 02-06-2006, 03:40 AM

My three year old dd is boobie obsessed also. I've been wondering that lately myself, am I warping my dd by letting her self wean? I don't really know but I don't think I'm going to warp her too much, maybe just make her less self conscious(sp) of her own body. I tell her I love her and she says 'I love your boobies mommy', never me though! She almost thinks of them as separate from me I think! Sometimes she pretends like they can talk and will say things in what I assume is a boobie voice! Yesterday she came to visit me at work and gave me a hug and says in this really loud voice 'oh mom, I just love your nummy nipples!' Sheesh!
Never had a problem in the bra section though thank goodness!

#4 of 23 Old 02-06-2006, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flor
Today we were in target. Ds (2.5) saw the bra section and went crazy. Boobs!! Mama! Boobs! I like boobs!
Later when he was bored in the electronics with dad, I asked him if he wanted to go look at the toy sections-- he said, no, he wanted to go to the boob section. So I took him. Again, he ran around touching and petting the bras and saying, I want you wear this one mama, I like orange boobs! I like yellow boobs! I like blue boobs!

Dh has been supportive but things like this, I know make him wonder if I am warping my son. Any other stories to share. . . .

or are we freaks???
: That is so funny! Thanks for the smile and the good laugh.

And yes, my DD is pretty obsessed with boobs, too. She's very possessive of mine - she tells me they are her breasts. She also likes to hold them like a teddy bear after nursing.

And she is always interested in my bras when I wear one. Oh, mommy, wear the black bra. And yeah, we were at Target the other day and DD was kind of running amok and landed right in the girls' bra section and started smiling and feeling all the bras. That was kind of weird for me just because she's only 2-1/2 and someday she'll probably be wearing bras like that.

She also likes to point out other people's breast, nipples, etc. This includes everyone from Grandma to our dog.

I am a 40 year old unschooling, belly dancing, artist-mama of one almost 8 year old. I just had brain surgery and blogging.jpg about it a bit because it's just so surreal.
#5 of 23 Old 02-06-2006, 05:15 AM

I saw the title and had to post...dd is only 10 months (11months in a few days...) but she LOVES bras as well! Whenever we come across a bra section (the one at Target is her fave...what is it about that store???) she laughs and squeaks and reaches for them...Dh didn't believe me but he came home from taking her to Target yesterday for some diapers and was like, "Honey - she saw the bras and went NUTS!" Can't wait until she starts talking and telling me which ones to wear...ha ha...
#6 of 23 Old 02-06-2006, 01:17 PM

My dd is 13 months and a boob maniac. In so many ways I have waited for this time. To see the efforts of all that constant nursing pay off with her loving the "nana's" so much. My Dh taught her to go "BOOBIES!" and squeeze but she just squeezes and fat she can find. She also goes "Mommy Boobies!" and flings her self into position.

Mom to Iris and Henry
#7 of 23 Old 02-06-2006, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugchild77
I saw the title and had to post...dd is only 10 months (11months in a few days...) but she LOVES bras as well! Whenever we come across a bra section (the one at Target is her fave...what is it about that store???) she laughs and squeaks and reaches for them...Dh didn't believe me but he came home from taking her to Target yesterday for some diapers and was like, "Honey - she saw the bras and went NUTS!" Can't wait until she starts talking and telling me which ones to wear...ha ha...
Yes, what is it about target! The section is very colorful for one, and right out in the walkway, not hidden. Ds loved the colors. He said they were "egg boobs" like Easter eggs!

He also seems to think of them as a thing apart from me. He talks to and about them a lot. Plus, sometimes he wistfully asks for daddymilk or grandmamilk.
#8 of 23 Old 02-06-2006, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysMama
'oh mom, I just love your nummy nipples!'

#9 of 23 Old 02-06-2006, 09:35 PM

We had a conversation about why target makes kids want to nurse at my LLL at the leaderjoked that it's b/c that bullseye logo looks like a giant boob.

Mom to Iris and Henry
#10 of 23 Old 02-06-2006, 10:24 PM

:LOL...oh how funny. I like yellow boobs, I like blue boobs....ahahahaha! That's one of the funniest things I've heard in awhile.

haha - toddler humor.

Woman. Mother. Activist.
#11 of 23 Old 02-06-2006, 11:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I love it.

Mama to:Ben (12), Natalie (9), Zoe (5)

#12 of 23 Old 02-07-2006, 12:27 AM - Thread Starter

Ok, here's more. I was in Sears, paying for stuff, and there is a rack of white bras next to the register. Ds is sleepy, but suddenly perks up and yells, "Mama! Your white boobs! Look mama, your white boobs!"

Then in a burger joint, the waiter is there and I ask ds, do you want white milk or chocolate milk. He smiles at the waiter and says "Mamamilk!" He thought it was hilarious. Ds, that is.
#13 of 23 Old 02-07-2006, 02:07 AM

My son, (15.5 months) is totally boob obsessed.

When he was only six months old, we went camping on our favorite lake. It was great fun to watch three generations of men, grandpa, sons and grandsons watch the large barely covered boobies bounce down the beach. It was my FIL, BIL, DH, 14 year old nephew, 8 year old son, and 6 month old son, heads bobbing along with the bounce. Man I wished I had video of it.

My best girlfriend once flashed baby Jack and he laughed and giggled like I have never seen before.

Jack will try to put my bra's on if he gets ahold of one.

And of course there is my screen name.

My daughter has a toy bunny that she claims feels just like my boobs, she calls it 'boobybunny". I am daddy's boobybunny cause I snuggle with daddy just like her boobybunny snuggles with her.
#14 of 23 Old 02-07-2006, 03:30 PM

: I thought my ds was boobie obsessed, even though my older one has been weaned for almost a year now, he still loves MY boobs, but has never done anything like that at a store

Mom to Ds1 (8 1/2) Ds2 (6) Dd (2 1/2)!!!!
#15 of 23 Old 02-08-2006, 03:12 AM

So funny! And also such timing... tonight dd (almost 15 mo) was unhappy after her bath (she bumped her head, but really it's the teething) and I decided to slip off my bra and shirt on the guest bed in her room for a pre-bed (in our family bed) nursing session, which I knew was out of the ordinary and would distract her from her sadness. I had the idea of letting her put on my bra, and as soon as I did I knew it was a big mistake (like letting her touch my free boobie while nursing; so cute when she was little, but she is now a full-on twiddler). Well anyway, she was THRILLED. I mean, absolutely besides herself with joy. I now know that this will be a part of our new routine... because I am too much of a sucker for her smile. Oh well. I think I've got a boob obsessed toddler too.

Thanks for sharing your story!
#16 of 23 Old 02-10-2006, 05:04 PM

That is so funny! Blue boobs!!!
#17 of 23 Old 02-11-2006, 12:19 AM

My 2 yo dd informed me yesterday that, "mama's nana's should be all the way naked all the time."
#18 of 23 Old 02-11-2006, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flor

or are we freaks???
: : :
Thanks for sharing this story!! That's hysterical. I haven't experienced this yet,but DS is pretty boob obsessed at home, so I could see it happening
Amy

Amy mama to Emily love.gif & Ben fencing.gif

#19 of 23 Old 02-11-2006, 02:15 AM

I have a new one.

Last night my son would not let me touch my breasts while he was nursing.

What made it obsessive, he refused to be 'bunzed' and both boobies had to be exposed. (this was after our bath) For kicks, my husband tried to touch the other breast with just a finger tip. Jack threw his finger off. We then made a game of who could touch mom's boobs and who could not. Guess what? Jack was the only one "allowed" to touch.

Cracks me up, and with the silly grin on his face, who could resist?
#20 of 23 Old 02-11-2006, 10:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Both my kids go nuts for it. All I have to do is bare it, they drop everything, come running, giggle. Today, my one year old practically leapt out of dh's arms when he saw it.

Dd is nearly three and she calls them bop bops. One day my sixteen year old cousin was wearing a tight, low cut shirt and fil was holding dd so she was looking down at cleavage and it totally awe adn amazement she said,
"She's got bopbops!!" then got all shy and hid her head.

When I come home from work, Im very full as no one has nursed in hours and dd will comment "Big bopbop!" one day dh said, "big huh?" and I swear dd said, "It's not little"!!

She has also hugged my boob, not me, the boob. She has kissed it. I know Im secondary to the boob, lol! Dh will never get them back!

~Me, mama to  hollering boy (1991), photo girl (1997), Fan boy (2003), jungle boy (2005), gamer boy (2007) and twirly girl (2011). Twenty five years of tree hugging, breastfeeding, cosleeping, unschooling, craziness!
#21 of 23 Old 02-12-2006, 12:07 AM

Ha

Kip knows that the boobs are no longer his in any way. The sad thing, I guess they are not mine anymore either.

Booby love is one of my favorite reasons for nursing a toddler.
#22 of 23 Old 02-12-2006, 01:01 AM

This is the sweetest thread! My 15mo kisses my "nursers" all the time - a HUGE "MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM-wah!" on each one. His favorite thing to say is "MaMaMaMaMILK!" :
#23 of 23 Old 02-12-2006, 02:30 AM

When ds was three (we had just weaned a few months before), we saw a young woman jogging down the hill toward us with her bosom bouncing. My son said, look mom, she's got big nurseynurseys! He said in a loud, rather husky voice that in a teenager would have been lewd.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page