14 month old refusing solids? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 11-15-2008, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm wondering if this is normal? For the past 2 days my DD has been refusing ALL SOLIDS. I've offered everything I can think of and it seems she's gone back to before she even knew what solids were and is wanting to nurse and nurse only. I don't mind it but is this a phase? I think she may be teething, could that have something to do with it? (before the last couple days she was nursing maybe 2-3 times a day between solids and frequently at night.) Now she's all nursing all the time. I'm a little baffled!

Alia + Brian proud parents to Rowan (9/8/04) Lila (9/3/07) and Rhys (6/11/10)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 11-16-2008, 03:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It very well could have to do with teething. Sometimes those teeth really hurt, and the nursing is soothing for them. My DD1 seemed to want to nurse more while teething. My DS didn't nurse more, he just didn't hardly want any food at all, especially solids and my DD2 nurses more, but is not on solids at all yet. So I would guess it is probably the teeth and she just might not feel the best. I know all 3 of mine always had minor fevers while teething, and probably just generally not feeling well. So they nurse for comfort and it could actually sooth the teeth. One thing I did notice that helped a little was an herbal liquid you can rub on their gums, called Gum-omile oil. It's basically a blend of almond oil, willow bark, chamomile and clove, and I would try nursing or feeding them right after putting it on, and it did seem to help them want to eat a little more. I actually tried it on my wisdom teeth, which are still coming in at 28 years.... and it really worked!
Otherwise, just hang in there and let nature take its course. I would guess in a few days, she will most likely be back to normal.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page