• 1 Post By Tooth_Fairy
  • 1 Post By Iluminatis
  • 1 Post By J0rdanA
  • 1 Post By AlexaWilliams

#1 of 11 Old 12-19-2017, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does playing a musical instrument protect mental health?

Hi,

Does anyone tell me, Playing a musical instrument really helps to protect mental health? I came across so many articles related to this but need peer advice.
applejuice likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 12-20-2017, 12:19 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Absolutely yes! Me and my friend used to do acoustic covers of older music for alsheimers patients and for children we did some modern pop covers. just seeing and hearing someone play is good, getting them to play is better! we always left the piano open here and there for the older patients and some would recognize the song and remember to play or sing along, the kids would sing along and hum the tunes all day. for the older people who knew how to play, wednesdays would be all day playing piano for each other after we finished.
applejuice likes this.
#3 of 11 Old 08-22-2018, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yes, you are really right. Listening to music has long been known for the emotional impact on the listener. This can put us in a great mood, or it can make us feel depressed and isolated. Sure, music has a lot of power over us, and new research shows that music can help older people maintain their listening skills and even prevent age-related cognitive decline.
It is known that music has a beneficial effect on the brain. It emphasizes the ability of the brain to overcome trauma or disease that can affect the person's mental ability to perform tasks. In the program of meditation or listening to music improves sleep, mood and well-being in the elderly, who experience a subjective decline in cognitive ability.
I know that playing a musical instrument can turn off the reaction of stress, improve physical and emotional health. When our senses reveal a possible threat in the environment, the body undergoes a chain reaction in which the genes within each cell switch, directing the cells to produce chemicals associated with the reaction of stress. Playing music triggers an opposite chain reaction, which again turns off these genes.
So listen to music and get health and health.
applejuice likes this.

#4 of 11 Old 04-27-2020, 06:11 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Hi, yes, I think that playing a musical instrument can really protect a persons mental health. One of my friends that is working as a psychologist told me that he has learned a lot about it. He told me that playing some musical instruments like guitar, for example, can relax and make a person feel much better. That's why I brought my son to a musical school, and now he learns to play on guitar. I have just bought him a guitar and the best locking tuners for it. He is really happy and likes it very much. I think that it's really useful for him
applejuice likes this.
#5 of 11 Old 04-27-2020, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssa2020 View Post
Hi, yes, I think that playing a musical instrument can really protect a persons mental health. One of my friends that is working as a psychologist told me that he has learned a lot about it. He told me that playing some musical instruments like guitar, for example, can relax and make a person feel much better. That's why I brought my son to a musical school, and now he learns to play on guitar. I have just bought him a guitar and the best locking tuners for it. He is really happy and likes it very much. I think that it's really useful for him
Could you tell me some more information about it? Let’s talk in PM
applejuice likes this.
#6 of 11 Old 05-04-2020, 03:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
That's interesting, never heard about it, I would like to try it out. What about using some CBD, for example? Do you think it is a good idea? Maybe you can share some tips and experience here? I would appreciate it
applejuice likes this.
#7 of 11 Old 05-07-2020, 11:50 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Playing a musical instrument calms me down. And I forget about all my problems.
applejuice likes this.
#8 of 11 Old 06-23-2020, 12:03 AM

I dunno, I tried playing etudes on my guitar and it pissed me off. Maybe it doesn't suit everyone.
applejuice likes this.
#9 of 11 Old 06-25-2020, 04:40 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
If playing a musical instrument is struggling and annoying, I would say it ruins mental health. My childhood friend was forced to go to the music school to play piano and I would not say that she grown up as a calm and mentally stable person
applejuice likes this.
#10 of 11 Old 08-10-2020, 10:12 AM

Yes, and it does even more than this. Music, in general, is a good remedy for mental health if you listen to it or if you play a musical instrument. I do play the piano from time to time (before I used to do it every day) and it's very calming and so relaxing. These days, I enjoy more to listen to music and I get all my favorite songs from mp3juice so I can listen to them in the car, or at the pool no matter where I am. I really like the guitar too, but I'm not very proficient at playing it, so I'm planning on taking some lessons shortly. What instrument do you like or you'd like to learn to play?
applejuice likes this.
#11 of 11 Old 08-16-2020, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0rdanA View Post
Yes, and it does even more than this. Music, in general, is a good remedy for mental health if you listen to it or if you play a musical instrument. I do play the piano from time to time (before I used to do it every day) and it's very calming and so relaxing. These days, I enjoy more to listen to music and I get all my favorite songs from mp3juice so I can listen to them in the car, or at the pool no matter where I am. I really like the guitar too, but I'm not very proficient at playing it, so I'm planning on taking some lessons shortly. What instrument do you like or you'd like to learn to play?
For me, yoga and piano are the best remedies for anxiety attacks and for my mental health. I've started to play piano not so long ago and it helped me a lot.
applejuice likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page