The Mood Cure - Mothering Forums

#1 of 11 Old 08-10-2007, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is there anywhere I can get The Mood Cure online, either as an ebook or kind of like a library book? A hard copy won't help, I can't see to read it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 08-12-2007, 06:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Are you visually impaired? I work for an agency that's visually impaired, I'll see if I can find out tomorrow if it's possible to get this book in another format.

In the meantime (and in case that doesn't pan out), you can take the false mood type quiz online at http://moodcure.com/Questionnaire.html

If you figure out which one (or ones) applies to you, and we can't find you an electronic format, I could tell you what supplements she recommends for the mood type you are.
#3 of 11 Old 08-13-2007, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyMama View Post
Are you visually impaired? I work for an agency that's visually impaired, I'll see if I can find out tomorrow if it's possible to get this book in another format.

In the meantime (and in case that doesn't pan out), you can take the false mood type quiz online at http://moodcure.com/Questionnaire.html

If you figure out which one (or ones) applies to you, and we can't find you an electronic format, I could tell you what supplements she recommends for the mood type you are.
Yes, I'm totally blind. Meanwhile, thanks for the link! I'll take the quiz and post back here with the results. Thanks! As for other formats, audio or braille would work too, if you could find either.

#4 of 11 Old 08-13-2007, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Ok. I'm the first 2 types. In case I need to get the info from you, here are the page numbers.

Part 1. Are You Under a Dark Cloud?
Total score: 26
If your score is more than 12 in Part 1, turn to Chapter 3, page 25

Part 2. Are You Suffering from the Blahs?
Total score: 9
If your score is more than 6 in Part 2, turn to Chapter 4, page 53.
#5 of 11 Old 08-13-2007, 11:21 PM

Bad news is I can't find the book in any audio format whatsoever. I didn't check braille, I'll look into that tomorrow.

For the dark cloud, I know off the top of my head that the first supplement to try is 5-htp 50mg mid afternoon and at bedtime. If 50mg doesn't work within half an hour, take another, and if that doesn't work, you can take one more half an hour after that. This way you find your dosage. Your dose will be between 50 and 150 mg twice daily. And at some point it will stop working for you. Within a few months it will stop working (because you've restored your deficiency) and you try cutting back and stopping altogether.

If you suffer any negative side effects (headache or inability to sleep), discontinue and you'll move on to one of the other options.

Okay, the other bad news is that my mother in law has the book at her house. I'll ask her to bring it by on Wednesday and I'll look up the Blahs information for you.
#6 of 11 Old 08-13-2007, 11:29 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I just emailed the people at "the mood cure" website, asking about braille, audiobook, or ebook versions of The Mood Cure . I'll let you know what they say when they get back to me.

Google search for Mood Cure Audio" got me links to "Wild Mood Swings" The Cure.

Ruth, single mommy to 3 quasi-adults
#7 of 11 Old 08-14-2007, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthla View Post
I just emailed the people at "the mood cure" website, asking about braille, audiobook, or ebook versions of The Mood Cure . I'll let you know what they say when they get back to me.

Google search for Mood Cure Audio" got me links to "Wild Mood Swings" The Cure.
Thanks!

I got the same stuff when I googled...
#8 of 11 Old 08-14-2007, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyMama View Post
Bad news is I can't find the book in any audio format whatsoever. I didn't check braille, I'll look into that tomorrow.

For the dark cloud, I know off the top of my head that the first supplement to try is 5-htp 50mg mid afternoon and at bedtime. If 50mg doesn't work within half an hour, take another, and if that doesn't work, you can take one more half an hour after that. This way you find your dosage. Your dose will be between 50 and 150 mg twice daily. And at some point it will stop working for you. Within a few months it will stop working (because you've restored your deficiency) and you try cutting back and stopping altogether.

If you suffer any negative side effects (headache or inability to sleep), discontinue and you'll move on to one of the other options.

Okay, the other bad news is that my mother in law has the book at her house. I'll ask her to bring it by on Wednesday and I'll look up the Blahs information for you.
Thanks! I'll try the 5-HTP in the meantime. I really appreciate your help!
#9 of 11 Old 08-22-2007, 09:10 PM

Mrs. Kennedy, I am so sorry. I promised you this information a week ago and I haven't had any time to get online. I have felt bad every night going to bed without coming on to post!

For the Blahs:

L-Tyrosine 500mg take 1 before you eat or drink anything in the morning. If it doesn't work within half an hour, take another, again before eating or drinking anything. And you can repeat 1 more time, up to 3 pills before eating or drinking.

You can take it again mid morning, 1 then wait half an hour and another if needed.

and if you have a mid afternoon slump (around 3pm) you can take a dose then as well and see if it helps.

You may start out on a high amount, but fairly quickly find you need to cut back.

I hope this helps you!
#10 of 11 Old 08-27-2007, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, AnyMama! I'll try that too.

With the 5-HTP, I took one with lunch and spent the rest of the day vomiting on and off, felt horrible, was sweaty and had a headache. Haven't taken any since. I don't know whether to try it again or call it a lost cause.
#11 of 11 Old 08-27-2007, 11:07 AM

definitely don't try it again! She's very clear if you suffer ANY negative side effects you are not to take it.

So some other options for the dark cloud are St. John's Wart and Sam-e

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page