April '08 Mamas... It's March! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 53 Old 03-05-2009, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
February Thread...

: I'm an April mama at heart, but Klaus will be ONE in just a few weeks.

He is walking and saying a few words (Mama, Dada, Kitty...), popping his fourth tooth and throwing tantrums. He is a spitfire but we love him to death.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 53 Old 03-05-2009, 05:19 PM

I have been meaning to post to the April 08 threads for awhile now!

Eleanor is plotting with her 3yo brother... their plan: kill Mommy by sleep deprivation. They are close to success!
Eleanor is the happiest baby all day. She plays, she talks a bit (mama, dada, Ana (one of her sisters) Oma (my mom) plus the baby babble) she is cruising around furniture. She's an absolute delight. :

And then the sun goes down.

She cries ALL night. She starts at around 11 and cries until about 5 every.single.night. She cries while nursing, she cries while I walk her, she cries while I pat her back. Sometimes she is awake, sometimes she is asleep but she is always crying. It's about to do me in!

Most nights her brother sleeps through it but for a couple in a row he hasn't and thought "hey! 2:00 a.m. is a GREAT time to be up for the day!"
I'm sure they are plotting together

This too shall pass.
Soon it'll be Eleanor who is the teenager yelling at me that I'm unfair and ruining her life and my older ones could have babies of their own by then!

mama to the Girls (15, 14, 13) and the Littles (5, 3) 
#3 of 53 Old 03-05-2009, 05:34 PM

I can't believe we're up for the one year mark so soon!!!

Mine is walking, trying to run, EVERYWHERE. She's keen on her tantrums and adores playing silly games!

Time flies April Mamas!!!

GOOD moms let their kids lick the beaters. GREAT moms turn off the mixer first!
Humanist Woman Wife , & Friend Plus Mama to 6 (3 mos, 2, 9, 13, 17, 20)

#4 of 53 Old 03-05-2009, 06:29 PM

Eric's getting better and better at standing and cruising - he hasn't attempted solo steps yet though.

We're still having poop issues. It seems like he stores it up for a few days, then it REALLY hurts when it comes out, though it's not super-duper hard. It doesn't help that his favourite food is bananas and brie - he actually cries for them!

Is anyone else dealing with (or soon to be) daycare? Eric starts on the 19th, and I'm terrified. I actually had an anxiety attack over it yesterday, and spent half an hour on the floor praying that Eric wouldn't cry for me to help him walk I found a great DCP, but he cries like a banshee when anyone but DH or I take him. Sometimes he even shrieks and cries when I leave him downstairs with DH! The thought of him melting down at daycare makes my stomach turn.

At least I've got him drinking liquids from a container so he'll stay hydrated. He's really taken to the Nuby Flip and Sip cups (straw sippies). This afternoon he had some apple juice/water mix, which I'm hoping will also help with the poop issues.

There are lots of pics and videos on my blog, but here are a couple of pictures taken today:

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...t=IMG_8499.jpg

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...t=IMG_8510.jpg

Amy, mom to E superhero.gifsince April 2008 and C babyboy.gif since October 2011, wife to P since September 2006.

#5 of 53 Old 03-05-2009, 06:57 PM

I can't believe I'm already planning Annabel's first birthday party!!

She's got 8 teeth now! She eats everything. I mean everything including any leaf, twig, or acorn she can find lol She's become very clingy lately. I feel like she's velcroed to me which is wearing me out. She's standing a lot more without holding on but hasn't made any attempts to take steps. She's pulling at me now so I'll post more later.

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#6 of 53 Old 03-05-2009, 07:01 PM

Is Eric the only one with no teeth yet? 10.5 months old and NADA!

For those with toothy babies - has it affected nursing at all?

Amy, mom to E superhero.gifsince April 2008 and C babyboy.gif since October 2011, wife to P since September 2006.

#7 of 53 Old 03-06-2009, 12:32 AM

Hi everyone! I can't believe our babies are going to be 1 soon!!!

Elizabeth is doing wonderful! She will be 11 months on the 24th and has 2 teeth and is cruising the furniture and attempting to take steps. She is still my little peanut at just over 15lbs and still only about 26 1/2 inches long. 6-9 month clothes still fit her perfectly and sometimes when I have her sitting up in the shopping cart people don't believe me when I tell them she's almost 1! lol
She is still not sleeping well at night and I keep telling myself that some day is has to get better. She wakes up about 3-4 times a night still to nurse, the girl is addicted to the boob for sure!

Amy - Lizzie has 2 teeth so far and she has bitten me once, just once. I squealed and said "No, that hurts mommy" She looked at me all sad but hasn't done it again.

Here are a few pictures of my girl!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...yboy/002-1.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/trkeyboy/007.jpg
#8 of 53 Old 03-06-2009, 04:37 AM

I don't know if teeth have affected nursing, since Raphael got his first one at ELEVEN WEEKS! So he's "always" had teeth.

He's walking, but still landing on his butt a lot. No obvious words yet, though his brother said his first word just days before his first birthday, and Raph is basically in a bilingual household; the nanny talks to him in Spanish all day.... so that might slow him down on language acquisition.

Sleep? What's that? ;-) He's been restless at night lately. On a good night, he only wakes twice, nurses, potties, goes back to sleep in 10-15 minutes. On a bad night (when he's sick or something), he won't sleep without being held, so DH and I just take shifts.

We really need to start planning his birthday party, huh? ;-) Well, we've got more than a month, thanks to him hanging out for another 10 days after my due date!
#9 of 53 Old 03-06-2009, 03:01 PM

Well, Chloe has six teeth so far, three popped in all at once. Luckily teething doesn't seem to bother her! She has just started to pull up on things but is not cruising yet. No real words besides mama and her attempt at saying milk which comes out more mill sounding but she gets her point across. She can wash her hands, play patty cake, make elephant noises, do so big, make dog panting noises, brush her hair, and brush her teeth.

She has bit me a few times and at one point her latch got really sloppy on one side and it hurt like heck to nurse but that has been adjusted now.

Adrienne~SAHM to DS1~9, DS2~7, and DD1~4/08, partner in crime to DH since 98~
#10 of 53 Old 03-06-2009, 03:16 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
hey mamas!!! I honestly cannot believe in less than a month my lil one will be a yr old!!! my lil one has 4 teeth, walks independently now (omg he started at 8 months!)and weighs about 35 pounds. He has been in a toddler car seat for about 5 months now. He says about 8 words or so but he says them in phases. He never really liked baby food... and a few solids now. He still does not sleep through the night. This kid really only eats at night, he refuses to eat during the day and Im forced to feed him 5 bottles through the night. He wakes up like every hour or so, this has been really hard since Im a single mama. Oh did I mention hes been wearing 24 month clothing!! he is a tall guy!! He has only had 2 colds which only lasted a day or two. He has been doing great! Hope all you mamas are lovin being with your april babies!!

(sorry I have a new screen name cuz of my ex.....but trust me yall know me 8)

BFPChart2.gif

#11 of 53 Old 03-06-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
Is Eric the only one with no teeth yet? 10.5 months old and NADA!

For those with toothy babies - has it affected nursing at all?
Personally, Ive been bitten several times! Ive followed all the advice and nothing seems to work.

#12 of 53 Old 03-06-2009, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

Yes. I get bitten constantly. Nothing I can do about it, I just get bitten, and man they are sharp little puppy teeth too!
#13 of 53 Old 03-06-2009, 11:57 PM

I got an invitation yesterday to a birthday party for an April baby. A baby two weeks (okay, 16 days to be precise) older than my Naomi.

Nacho Beans is still a peanut, wearing a mix of 3-6 and 6-9 month old clothes-at nine months she was 15 and a half pounds and 25 inches long. People are surprised that she's nearly a year old. She has two teeth, crawls and cruises, pulls up on her own and lets go and rather strangely, likes to bend over and look between her legs-something I'm not used to seeing in little ones but in toddlers. Her favorite things are her Booby (not mine, but a stuffed animal that my Mom and Dad sent her,) baths, and chasing and screeching at the cats. Her favorite mischief is to spin the toilet paper off the roll, so I've purchased a potty for her...not because I think she'll really use it regularly but because it's a good place to park her when I'm in the bathroom. I can unsnap the diaper, sit her down, cheer for her if she does pee, and generally keep her safe while in the bathroom. She loves apples, waffles and drinking from cups.

She's a cheery, flirty girl, and charms people wherever we go. I'm so spoiled by her.
#14 of 53 Old 03-07-2009, 10:38 AM

Kezia sprouted her first 2 top teeth this week. so far no biting. she's a peanut at about 16lbs & 26in. She has no interest in crawling. She likes to stand & has realized that she can walk if she holds our hands. She says dada & mama. She is peeing on her potty pretty regulary. We had 1 day where she was dry from 3pm - after 7 the next morning. She still does not eat a lot of solids, but she loves spinach & feta filled crepes . Her hair has finally gotten long enough in the back that she has a few perfct little curls. I started babysitting the 13m old next door & I think Kezia has picked up her 1st cold from her. She has a ton of boogies this morning but no fever.

Kathlin fly-by-nursing2.gif mama to Kezia (3.5) hearts.gif & Cowan (1) diaper.gif

#15 of 53 Old 03-08-2009, 04:40 PM

Rant: Not nursing well, eats any and all paper in his path, won't eat more than one good meal a day, did I mention he eats paper! Whining and not talking much. Babbles sometimes, but mostly WHINES!!! Won't sit still for diaper changes, might have ringworm. Bites during recent nursing sessions, won't sit still for more than 3 seconds for anything unless sound alseep,

ok, that feels better.

Rave: walking like crazy, gets up to standing on his own, or with "magic" toothbrush. Playing peekaboo on his own, sleeping 7-9 hours in a row a few nights a week, finally weighs over 16lbs, has 5 teeth, eats really well once a day, has a sense of humor, usually goes down easily for naps 2x day, enjoys play groups at library, recognizes and loves grandparents, pets grand-doggie nice, chases our cat with huge smile every morning, walks over to us, gives hugs and puts his head on shoulder for 3 seconds. so sweet!

here's a cell phone vid of him walking to daddy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBD7gM_emNk

As an "older" mommy, I'm amazed at the energy level he requires from us. Our life was soooooo slow and simple before-but also way boring. A 10 month old active baby is just what the midwife ordered! DP and I need to get back into shape and this little guy is just the ticket.

love to all the almost year old babies and wonderful mommies!
#16 of 53 Old 03-11-2009, 07:16 PM

Dreamy- What kind of camera do you have? It takes great pics!

My camera broke from being dropped too many times so I'm shopping for a new one.

Here's a pic I just snapped with my cell phone

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/9...311091702a.jpg

#17 of 53 Old 03-12-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerama View Post
Dreamy- What kind of camera do you have? It takes great pics!

My camera broke from being dropped too many times so I'm shopping for a new one.

Here's a pic I just snapped with my cell phone

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/9...311091702a.jpg
Thanks! It's a Canon Rebel (SLR) that DH bought pre-baby. Worth every penny! We've taken thousands of great pictures with it.

OMG - you're LO looks so pleased to be in that sink, too cute! :

#18 of 53 Old 03-18-2009, 01:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello April Mamas!

I can't believe that it's been almost a year!

Zaven is such a little man. He's tall and skinny. It's funny though, he carries his weight in his chest and shoulders so he looks really big and solid unless you see him naked.

He's standing and cruising...not quite walking. He's a happy baby, and thinks it's hilareous when he makes us panic. We never had to "babyproof" for Amelia.....Zaven, not so much.

He's got gorgeous blond hair, which my husband mentioned looks a little funny with his definitely brunette mama, and it's just begging to be cut into a mohawk. (I had dreams of a little boy with long curls, but Z has stick-straight hair that's just starting to look a little shaggy)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59...ess/crumbs.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59...ess/coffee.jpg

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

#19 of 53 Old 03-18-2009, 03:59 AM

Hello! Canaan has been walking for about 6 weeks now. He signs a few words and says a few words. He loves to torture his sister and the cat. I heart him. Which is really something because it took awhile for me to come to terms with his existence.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hancockhouse/3324258048/

DD april 4/06, DS April 2/08. Someone new in fall '12.
#20 of 53 Old 03-18-2009, 09:32 AM

Happy Birthday Klaus!

Eden is doing great, walking all over the place, eating a fair bit and also she has started to sleep through the night. 12 hours straight! it's so nice to be able to get decent sleep again.

Not sure what we're doing for her birthday but i'll have to figure it out in the next few days. are you guys having birthday parties?if so whats a one year old party look like?

: feminist mama to DD 04/08
#21 of 53 Old 03-18-2009, 10:57 AM

wow, i can't believe some of our april babies are turning 1!! of course my april baby didn't grace us with her presence till May so it's still a ways away for us.

Elowyn is 10.5 months, and doing great. only two teeth, which she got about 2 months ago - the two front ones on the bottom. it's so strange, my oldest had virtually a full set at this age, i think she was maybe missing 2 (including molars - she cut her teeth early and quickly). DS wasn't quite as fast but definitely had a pretty full mouth by 10 months. Miss E definitely has her own timeline.

She's signing and cruising everywhere, hasn't added much to her vocabulary past mama and dada, though i think she said sissy to DD1 the other day and i've heard her say cat a few times. She and DH are taking a baby swim class at the wellness center where i work, and now everytime we go there she stares longingly in the direction of the pool it's really really cute, and i can't wait till it's warm enough to open our pool for the summer!

The other big thing is that we spent a weekend in Annapolis last weekend so i could do my first of four yoga teacher trainings in yoga therapy. So i was in training between 9-6 both Sat and Sun except for lunch. she did great just seeing me/nursing that one time, took naps for her dad and played and had a great time. i was soooo nervous, but she did so well! it was actually a wonderful thing for DH to get to spend so much time caring for her, and between that and their swim classes i have really noticed an increase in their bond : DH works a lot, so he sometimes feels a little disconnected from the family, and it's so good when he gets that time to reconnect, especially when the kids are receptive (since it's not much fun to spend all day with a baby who's screaming in your face).
#22 of 53 Old 03-18-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pure View Post
I heart him. Which is really something because it took awhile for me to come to terms with his existence.
I feel the same way. :

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

#23 of 53 Old 03-18-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xshy View Post
Not sure what we're doing for her birthday but i'll have to figure it out in the next few days. are you guys having birthday parties?if so whats a one year old party look like?
We'll have a little party-family and a few friends over for a barbecue and some cake-nothing more exciting or organized than that. Largely, a "Thank you for helping us get through this year" kind of thing.
#24 of 53 Old 03-18-2009, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pure View Post
Hello! Canaan has been walking for about 6 weeks now. He signs a few words and says a few words. He loves to torture his sister and the cat. I heart him. Which is really something because it took awhile for me to come to terms with his existence.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hancockhouse/3324258048/
Your photos are fantastic.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then a fast HBAC, then a fast VBAC!!). Planning a third VBAC, again at home, in February 2016.
#25 of 53 Old 03-18-2009, 03:47 PM

Elizabeth has 4 teeth coming in at once! Heaven help me because she has been sleeping even worse then usual and fussy and cranky and well you get the idea. I wish they would hurry up and pop through (you can just see them through her gums) because she's a nightmare right now.
She's on the verge of walking and can say quite a few words actually - mama, daddy, Jack, Jasper (our dog), Hi (she waves as she says it too), uh-oh and Titan (my sisters dog) She's super quick at picking up words too.

I weighed her at my sisters the other day 15lbs 5oz and she's still only about 26 1/2" long, she looks so funny when she's in her high chair because she barely clears the tray! lol Her torso measurement is only 9 1/2" which means she can't even fit in any convertible car seats yet.

here are a couple of pictures from yesterday

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...yboy/001-3.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...yboy/004-3.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...yboy/018-1.jpg
#26 of 53 Old 03-18-2009, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

Klausie's birthday is today....

-goes off to cry-
#27 of 53 Old 03-19-2009, 12:06 AM

Hi April Mama's

My little guy turned 11 months on the 16th. He is a little over 22 pounds and 29 inches. He is walking back and forth between the table and couch and other table, every day he gets a little braver. He says about 8 words. I love it when he says "All done" in his high chair, but it's not every time. He's taking one nap a day, usually about 2 hours. He wakes up anywhere from 2-6 times over night, but I just nurse him to sleep so I'm not feeling sleep deprived thankfully. He loves to give kisses (okay, more like licks, but still cute) and he has started sharing more often. I bought him a potty chair, but so far he hasn't gone it it. Except for the time he started peeing on the floor and I held him over it. He doesn't have any teeth! But apparently he's not the only one, so that's good. I'm starting to think teething might actually be starting as he is drooling a lot more and is kind of fussy. We'll see.
I need to start planning his party and get invites out! I only have a few weeks. I wanted to have a picture of him standing with his arms up and have is say "Look who's So Big!" But, I don't think he'll be able to do that. I'm going to have to have him do it sitting though.

Mama to three

#28 of 53 Old 03-19-2009, 01:02 AM

Pure, your photos are fantastic, and your brother is a hottie. :

Pixiepunk, don't fret the May birthday; we'll be celebrating in May with you, too!

Things are going well here. I'm trying to pack up the house, since our ship everything xcountry date is 4/1. Spring has sprung in California, and we're enjoying lovely blossoms, birdsong, and sunshine. I just love the feeling of renewal.

Adele and Nadia are doing well, and I have been enjoying them as they enter this learn-a-million-things-a-day phase. The funniest new trick is that Adele will throw her hands straight up above her head whenever I yell, 'Touchdown!' She will do this on the potty, laying on the floor, with one hand standing up, etc. It's pretty darn cute. And... she's awake now... off I go!

Happy Birthday, Klaus! :

Mama to twin girls Adele and Nadia, born 5/2008
#29 of 53 Old 03-19-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
I weighed her at my sisters the other day 15lbs 5oz and she's still only about 26 1/2" long, she looks so funny when she's in her high chair because she barely clears the tray! lol Her torso measurement is only 9 1/2" which means she can't even fit in any convertible car seats yet.
Christy, Nicola is the same way, born April 29 and only about 16.5 lbs. The highchair our friends gave us has a little tray under the big one, so still aren't using the big one.
#30 of 53 Old 03-19-2009, 03:25 PM

Happy Birthday Klaus!

Eric started taking solo steps on March 7, and yesterday he made several trips between furniture. It's so cute to see him psyching himself up to "go" for it!

He's almost 22 lbs, not sure how tall, it's been a while since our last Dr. appointment.

Still no teeth, but I can see them straining against the gums, ready to pop out.

He had his first daycare trial today. He was there 10-12. I left at 10:30. Apparently he got the DCP to help him walk all around the daycare, then when he couldn't find me he started crying. He would stop and play with toys, cry a little bit, then play some more. Much better than expected! We both though he would cry the whole time. He goes for another two hours tomorrow, we'll see if he'll actually eat anything this time.

At one point he was picking up toys and giving them to her, which is huge for him, since he's usually terrified of strange grown-ups.

He was sitting quietly next to another baby when I walked in, it was ADORABLE! Then he turned, saw me, and started bawling.

It's so hard - I worked for 11 months to form a strong bond with him, then I have to just abandon him like this. It feels like a betrayal. I'm just so relieved that he did so well. Sorry to ramble, but I feel very good about the DCP at least. She feels very strongly against leaving babies to cry, and is just fine with holding him until he falls asleep. She's very gentle and seems to be quite in sync with my parenting beliefs.

I go back to work March 30, so next week is going to be intense daycare-wise.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page