Please reassure me that DD isn't sleeping TOO much! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 03-12-2009, 02:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD is 2.5 weeks old. She was pretty big when she was born (8 lb 15.9 oz) and had gone up to 9 lb. 5 oz by 13 days. She's sleeping ALL day (is awake for an hour all day, tops, but is very alert when she is awake) and wakes one or two times a night to eat (we co-sleep, so she wiggles around and I feed her).

DS (who is now 2.5 years old) had jaundice and was so sleepy but wasn't eating much, so we had to wake him to make sure he nursed enough. He's also very little. Because of the differences between the two, I think I worry too much about DD!

However, DS nursed ALL the time, and while he was a good nurser, he wasn't very quick. DD eats a meal rather than a snack and is done w/in a few minutes.

-She's alert and seems happy. She's really a pretty mellow baby.
-She's not acting hungry or fussy. If she cries she either wants to be held or wants to eat.
-She's held a great deal of the time, but does spend some time alone on our bed, in her swing, etc. She's quite content w/ it all (but prefers to be held, like most babies.)
-She's having enough wet and dirty diapers (and the dirty diapers are the normal color, not green, so I don't worry that she's only eating foremilk during her quick feedings)

So...all of these things considered, she's fine, right? I know this is probably just me being paranoid, but after a baby that didn't like sleep and was a bit fussy I just can't believe this one is so easy!

::ning to knock on wood:::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 03-12-2009, 03:48 AM

i think you're just bragging. :
sounds like everything's great with her. enjoy it, mama!
#3 of 6 Old 03-12-2009, 04:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarina View Post
i think you're just bragging. :
sounds like everything's great with her. enjoy it, mama!
lol. I know a part of it is that it's much easier once you know what the heck you're doing (and I was clueless when I had DS!), plus I psyched myself out that 2 would be SO hard because 1 is hard...I'm definitely not complaining, and I'm sure now that I told someone how easy DD is she'll do a 180 and I'll have to eat my words!

We have no family w/in 1000 miles and DH works a lot. DS can really be a handful so maybe 'the powers that be' decided I deserved a break. lol.

#4 of 6 Old 03-12-2009, 04:53 AM

Yep, you just go lucky!

Other moms used to actually get mad at me sometimes when I would described Jesse and Davin's schedule as infants. I guess my sleepy twins were easier than their singleton, lol. I know it sounded like bragging, but what was I supposed to do, lie?

Enjoy your baby!

Tanya ~~ mother to: Beth, 12 -- Cali & Trent, 9 -- Melanie, 8 -- Jesse & Davin, 5 -- Baby Shae 9/1/2009
#5 of 6 Old 03-12-2009, 02:33 PM

Lucky you! Sounds like you are doing fine. I wish I was that fortunate!

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

#6 of 6 Old 03-12-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm715 View Post
lol. I know a part of it is that it's much easier once you know what the heck you're doing (and I was clueless when I had DS!), plus I psyched myself out that 2 would be SO hard because 1 is hard...I'm definitely not complaining, and I'm sure now that I told someone how easy DD is she'll do a 180 and I'll have to eat my words!

We have no family w/in 1000 miles and DH works a lot. DS can really be a handful so maybe 'the powers that be' decided I deserved a break. lol.
Ok this really made me laugh out loud because our DD was/is just like yours at a couple of weeks and she still is at 6 months! She's just generally a very easy going baby even when both of her bottom teeth came in. Shhh.... I really didn't say that!

I'm still paranoid everytime I say DD is easy going because I keep thinking she could do a 180 any day and I'll have to eat my words. LOL!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page