CLW for Solids and sticky poop (very sticky)? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 04-19-2010, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought we will exclusively breastfeed until 10 months or so. But it's very different now. DS (5 months) is teething and DHgave hin nice, cool watermelon to suck on and he loved it. Now ds likes to chomp on mango pits and eagerly munched on a piece of avocado yesterday. He is very eager to suck on fresh fruits, meaning watching us with open mouth if i eat fruit and signaling with his hands and arms very clearly that he wants to have some. And when we give it to him he enjoys it and wants more. On top of that he seems to nurse more (I think it is a growth spurt, more fussiness too).
Now one thing: since he got the solids, his poop is super sticky. Kind of like meconium, but yellow-brownish. It sticks to him and maybe comes out more difficult then before, but he does not have constipation.
Is this normal and his stomach just have to get adjusted or is it too early to give solids to him?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 04-19-2010, 08:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Moving to Life with a Babe

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows--
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#3 of 5 Old 04-19-2010, 09:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My DD really just started getting solids down (we practice BLW as well) and her poop has completly changed! (and not for the better) It is way more sticky and difficult to clean. I really miss the EBM poops!

Mama to Madelynn 8/16/2009 and awaiting buggy #2 March/2011 , partner to DH

#4 of 5 Old 04-19-2010, 10:06 PM
tzs

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
yep. it changed pretty much the next day after solids to "real poop." some days it's more "real" than others. i also never thought i'd miss ebf poops but i do.

Reluctant 'Sconie, chassid and mama to sweet toughie Ada Bluma 9/9/09 and loving pittie-mix ("Judge the deed, not the breed!")
#5 of 5 Old 04-20-2010, 12:47 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Sometimes DS's poop is so thick and sticky that I have to use a spatula (never used for cooking lol) to scrape it off his CD.

Peacefully married for ten years with one child (2009), one mutt and one entitled cat.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page