July 2010 DD Club~Jan/Feb Chat - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

#61 of 109 Old 03-26-2011, 12:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Ohhh! I love that wooden activity box, Love Wins. I've been looking for something like that, but no luck here. Where did you get it? Which company makes it?

DS has two bottom teeth. We keep thinking more are coming because of all the fussiness, sleeplessness and drooling, but NOPE. The two he has make him look like such a BIG boy! So cute. He loves having his teeth brushed too. I brush them 3 times a day and sing the song from that old "brush your teeth" cartoon (anyone remember?) and he has a ball.

He is sooooooooo close to crawling, he goes a few steps then collapses and rolls for what he wants, but I think he'll be getting the hang of it in the next week or so. He's not saying anything yet...still babbling, with very few consonant sounds. He does kind of say things that sound like mama and dada, but not really and he doesn't say them when it seems like he would know what they mean. I have been signing with him, mostly "eat", "milk", "book", and "water" and he gets a kick out of it but hasn't signed back yet. Hmm. I thought his language skills would develop quickly considering how much I talk to him and read to him and because DH and I tend to be strong in the area of language. But who knows? DS seems to be slow figuring a lot of things out that others his age have got the hang of. I'm not *worried*- I just wish he'd come along with crawling and playing with stuff in different ways because it seems like he WANTS to do more. I appreciate him every day and I'm ready to follow whatever pace he chooses!

We have definitely been talking about baby #2 around here a lot. The talk has died down a little because DS' sleeping habits are so awful that we can't really imagine going through that again... soo tired. It seems to be getting better though lately (sleep, I mean). I need to get on some birth control of some kind because right now we are just using "pull and pray" (not so effective for atheists? lol.gif ), still no PP AF for me. And even though an "oops" baby wouldn't be terrible at all, I would feel a bit guilty for not being able to give DS what I feel is enough time being the only baby and nursing etc. And the way we've planned out the next few years in terms of our working and living situation, we plan to wait to have the next one till DS is about 3 or so. But yeah, I do have a certain baby itch now and again. It's just much fun and so amazing and DS brings us sooo much joy!

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 109 Old 03-26-2011, 01:45 PM
MJB

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I got my period back at 8 weeks PP (the longest I ever went was 7 mos. when I was TANDEM nursing!) but we are all done. I do get a little baby lust but I know 3 is the right number for us (and I was so sure that my husband had a V when I was pregnant with Edie).

#63 of 109 Old 03-28-2011, 08:19 AM

He's crawling! He really, really got going on Saturday, now he's just everywhere all at once! Help! lol.gif

To really get him crawling I just set something out in front of him that he always wants to play with, but isn't supposed to (my cellphone, scissors, glasses of stuff...). I'll have to stop doing that. Sheepish.gif

Love Wins likes this.

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#64 of 109 Old 03-28-2011, 09:24 PM

Yup, putting a friend's iphone in front of Nora finally got her moving forward - instead of scooching backwards before crawling. Now that she's been crawling 2 weeks, it's a whole new ball game here, mostly me keeping her from the cat all day. (who weirdly doesn't mind being mauled...)

#65 of 109 Old 03-29-2011, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Aden isn't crawling - we're wondering if he will just skip to walking.  He loves to stand and cruise.  Today he was standing on the outside of his exersaucer playing with the toys (he loves the different perspective I guess) and fell.  He figured out how to pull himself back up, and that he needed to get his feet under him.  He did it several times with a big grin!  But not crawling, no rolling.  He'll spin himself around, push himself backwards, but that's about it.

He has 6 teeth!  2 just came in Sunday.  He's not full on biting me, but I can feel them when he first latches on.  Thankfully he's stopped the latch/pull off/latch/pull off cycle for the most part.  He's tried lots of food, but doesn't really eat most of it.  Last night at a Japanese restaurant he had tofu and udon noodles and liked both of those.  He's tried hard boiled egg - oh my gosh the look of betrayal!  He refused to eat anything else that day!  He's had avocado, sweet potato, steak, chicken, ham, hummus, beans, other stuff I can't remember.  A lemon wedge that he enjoyed lol.  He's pretty insistent about spoon feeding himself, even though most of it misses or comes back out of his mouth.  The best part is he almost always makes this horrible face when he tastes something, even things he likes and wants more of.  The funniest was when he actually shuddered after trying something, wish I could remember what it was, he ate 3 bites and made the face each time!

I would like him to have a sibling close in age, but I'm thinking we'll wait until he's 2 or 3.  I didn't enjoy the early infant stage and am just now starting to enjoy him a little.  I want to experience the book reading and teaching and crafts/etc before I try to have another.  Plus we've got some financial things to deal with first.

Loving mama to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
A (8/5/2010)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R (1/3/2015) and DSD (16).
#66 of 109 Old 03-31-2011, 09:46 PM

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

Daniel finally got a little "toothlet" as a PP put it. It was hard earned too, he spent days crying that thing out of its shell! Now he has a relaly bad head cold and he's not sleeping so hot anymore. I wish there was something I could do for him. We went to the doctor and he hasn't gained anything in 3 months, so he still hasn't QUITE doubled his birthweight (.5lb to go!) so she's a little concerned he's not getting enough calories because he's SO active. She called him a little maniac because he was clawing all over her and crawling off the table. He's been really happy with 3 jars of puree everyday with a little yogurt mixed in. She wants me to start with some proteins and fats like butter or oil, but I just can't figure it out. Daniel has NO interest in anything with texture. Even just lumpy food. He wants it to look like the Earth's Best jar, lol. He won't even really self feed, except for kamut puffs or HappyBaby puffs. I don't know how to get him to transition to more lumpy food when he has no teath. 

Me
+ DH
+
Daniel (7/5/10)

#67 of 109 Old 04-01-2011, 12:05 AM

My ds still has no teeth and he eats normal food just fine! It may be that your lo just is more sensitive to different textures. So just slowly up the lumpiness a notch every couple of days maybe. Also give him a long piece of cucumber or celery to teethe on. Maybe that'll give him more motivation to try something new and not just purees.

Good luck!

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#68 of 109 Old 04-01-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrilein View Post

My ds still has no teeth and he eats normal food just fine! It may be that your lo just is more sensitive to different textures. So just slowly up the lumpiness a notch every couple of days maybe. Also give him a long piece of cucumber or celery to teethe on. Maybe that'll give him more motivation to try something new and not just purees.

Good luck!

Thanks for the encouragement! I was starting to get a little stressed about this. My ped made it seem like it was pretty dire that he hasn't really gained much weight, even though she acknowledged he might just be a little guy. I'm struggling to give him more fats in his day, today I actually made his morning barley cereal with CREAM and a little bit of water to thin it out. Not surprisingly, he dug it (wouldn't you?! Cream!) so that's somewhere I can start with.

Me
+ DH
+
Daniel (7/5/10)

#69 of 109 Old 04-01-2011, 12:24 PM

Does he eat yogurt? That would be a good fatty milk source to chunk him up.

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#70 of 109 Old 04-01-2011, 01:36 PM
MJB

Edie just got over roseola. Her first tooth finally broke through today! She was sleeping through the night a week ago but the past few nights have been terrible. 

SeattleRain, I actually added butter and spices to the Earth's Best baby food because Edie thought it was gross plain. She usually likes everything, that's the first thing I've seen her refuse. Also, we make her oatmeal with eggs, whole milk, and butter. You could even use cream in place of milk. It's really high in calories and she loves it. She has more than doubled her birth weight, but hasn't gained much since 4 months. I started taking domperidone last week and it's made a huge difference in my milk supply, enough that we aren't using any formula now (were using 8-12 oz. most days) so hopefully she'll get back on track. 

#71 of 109 Old 04-01-2011, 02:37 PM

DS had quite the adventure yesterday!  https://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1306316/my-baby-nanny-and-mil-were-lost-in-the-woods-for-hours-yesterday

He has 4 teeth now, working on more.  Finally got the first bit of food through him...red quinoa.  My MIL picked it out and cooked it.  She thought he'd like it because of the color, but she didn't realize that the texture is much drier/crunchier than regular quinoa.  He was playing with it, then eventually stuck some in his mouth and totally gagged on it and wanted to nurse to wash it down.  I didn't think he had actually ingested any, but have been finding several pieces in his poops the last couple of days.  Afterward I made my MIL try some.  She almost gagged on it too then kept apologizing to him. 

Still not terribly interested in food but we keep trying, at least he is playing with it a bit more.  Absolutely no interest in the  mesh feeder (unless you count using the handle as a teether).

He is getting closer to crawling but gets frustrated and goes back to rolling to get around.  Last night he woke himself with a bang by rolling into the side of the crib in his sleep (we start him out in the crib then move him to our bed).  Walking while holding our hands is a favorite activity.  We don't really have much suitable furniture for him to hold himself up with.

#72 of 109 Old 04-01-2011, 03:28 PM

Glad everyone's OK, somegirl!

As some of you know, my husband's running for local office, and we're all kinds of nuts around here.

This is how weird my family's life is right now:  In my son's 8 months of existence, he has attended at least five political fundraisers for non-family, two political fundraisers for his dad, one day of labor rallies in Madison (used our state representative's office as a nursery for a little bit, too), one press conference at the airport (which, while his dad talked into the cameras with our state senator, he hung out with a volunteer and didn't utter a peep), watched his dad vote for himself (primary), one primary election victory party, "knocked" on 500 doors from the Ergo (Dad's knocked on another several thousand by himself),  and is marching in an MLK civil rights and voting march tomorrow, after which he will watch his dad vote for himself again (early in-person voting, general election), and will attend a victory party--at a bar--on Tuesday.

Four more days, not that I am counting.

On the normal-baby front, we still just have those two teethlets, but we've got good unassisted sitting, some very articulate babbling, and an irrational enjoyment of hummus and mango puree, mixed together.

ProtoLawyer (the now-actual lawyer, this isn't legal advice,  please don't take legal advice from some anonymous yahoo on the Internet)
Spouse (the political geek) * Stepdaughter (the artist) * and introducing...the Baby (um, he's a baby? He likes shiny things).
#73 of 109 Old 04-02-2011, 01:35 AM

Wow, Proto, that sounds dizzy.gifwith your DH. And mango with hummus sounds yumm! eat.gif

somegirl - I've got to go read your thread. Just the thought of it makes me ill. How did you survive????

Still no teeth her. Much crawling and cruising though.

#74 of 109 Old 04-02-2011, 11:36 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Hello Gals!!! It was nice to get a PM from Expat checking in with me. I have been super duper crazy busy with my three kids, being the city regional rep for our doula association, getting my doula business off the ground, and painting the house! Have had no time for MDC. Am on my awkward laptop right now... will try to log in later from my other computer to read and write more. I am eager to see whats going on with you girls - a quick scroll through the pictures - everyone looks so beautiful! We make beautiful babies, gals! xoxo

Me +
Dh =
Dd1(9.5 yrs) +
Dd2(7 yrs) and
Ds(4.5 yrs)
#75 of 109 Old 04-05-2011, 06:39 AM

Yawn.

Election day, wish us luck!

Of course, Ellison was up every 90 minutes last night--he's working on tooth #3, and I think he's about to crawl all right an proper, because he was nursing like crazy and, man, was he wiggly. He's super-wiggly in general but usually sleeps reasonably calmly. Not last night.

ProtoLawyer (the now-actual lawyer, this isn't legal advice,  please don't take legal advice from some anonymous yahoo on the Internet)
Spouse (the political geek) * Stepdaughter (the artist) * and introducing...the Baby (um, he's a baby? He likes shiny things).
#76 of 109 Old 04-05-2011, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoLawyer View Post

Yawn.

Election day, wish us luck!

Of course, Ellison was up every 90 minutes last night--he's working on tooth #3, and I think he's about to crawl all right an proper, because he was nursing like crazy and, man, was he wiggly. He's super-wiggly in general but usually sleeps reasonably calmly. Not last night.

Much luck! thumb.gif  And Go, Team Wiggles! biggrinbounce.gif

#77 of 109 Old 04-05-2011, 02:48 PM

Good luck Proto!  (probably too late now, but hey, better late than never!)

Baby girl has decided to go crazy with all her new stuff this week.  She started clapping, dancing, crawling and standing up, the two latter were just today!  Her crawl is still a little one legged but man, she is all over the place.  I guess it's time to retire the co-sleeper (not that she really stayed in it anyway, it will be nice to have my side of the bed back!) 

I just can't believe how suddenly she has figured all these things out at once.  Life is going to change now that we have a mobile baby!

STill no teeth though...lol!  FINE with me!!!

How is everyone doing with other caretakers when/if you need them?  DD still screams when she is with anyone else (besides dh), which is rare, but it's just sad, is this just part of AP?  She is so attached to me she will not stay with anyone else and take her eyes off of me.  My MIL keeps telling me that she needs to get used to everyone, but uh...how?  My MIL also works 40+ (usually much more) a week and takes care of 4 other grandkids...so, I'm thinking the time she is with her she's not getting a ton of one-on-one.  It just makes me so sad that I can't leave her for a few hours without her feeling abandoned.  It's not like she cries when I leave and she's fine either, she is fine when I leave then a little while later freaks and doesn't stop...last time she was with MIL she cried for over an hour.  greensad.gif  Is this just "high needs?"

Artist, teacher, wife and mommy to DSS, DD1, DD2 and surprise baby girl on the way, 7/12!

#78 of 109 Old 04-05-2011, 03:02 PM

My son's had...lessee...four regular sets of caregivers during the campaign (besides my husband and me)--my parents, our neighbor, our SAHM friend, and a college student. He's very social--he loves people, especially toddlers. Artsy, I think temperament has more to do with it than AP or not AP. We do quite a bit of AP stuff and Ellison's a social butterfly, just like his dad.

If my husband wins, we'll be putting our son in day care; happily, I think we've got a good one that's halfway between my office and the courthouse (where my husband's office will be)--a nice-weather walk from both places, actually.  It's a bit more expensive than the home-based care we found, but it's not run by a creepy rental Santa. (Not that there's anything wrong with being a rental Santa during the holidays...but this guy just seemed a little too into it, given that we talked to him in March.) I don't anticipate a problem with day care--who knows, maybe they'll figure out how to get him to nap somewhere other than a lap (which he'll do for our neighbor but nobody else).

#79 of 109 Old 04-05-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post

Edie just got over roseola. Her first tooth finally broke through today! She was sleeping through the night a week ago but the past few nights have been terrible. 

SeattleRain, I actually added butter and spices to the Earth's Best baby food because Edie thought it was gross plain. She usually likes everything, that's the first thing I've seen her refuse. Also, we make her oatmeal with eggs, whole milk, and butter. You could even use cream in place of milk. It's really high in calories and she loves it. She has more than doubled her birth weight, but hasn't gained much since 4 months. I started taking domperidone last week and it's made a huge difference in my milk supply, enough that we aren't using any formula now (were using 8-12 oz. most days) so hopefully she'll get back on track. 

I've made some improvements in the past few weeks. I started making Daniel's barley cereal with heavy cream and water, which he reluctantly ate because he doesn't LOVE oatmeal. I tried feeding him yogurt 3X a day because he LOVES yogurt and it has lots of fatty goodness. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to agree with him. He's working off a horrible cold and it seemed like all the yogurt made him plegmy-er. Also, he was pretty much pooping all the time. Sometimes it was that squirty, newborn poops. This led me to believe that he might have been eating too much dairy, considering he's also formula-fed with dairy formula. So we cut down to one serving of yogurt a day and we've been experimenting with other proteins. Egg yolk, or scrambled eggs were a bust. Cottage cheese was only acceptable when mixed with yogurt, and sweet potatoes mashed with butter were a success. The biggest shocker was how much he's loving avocado mashed with a fork with chunks.

I'm glad the dom is helping you, it can be so frustrating when your baby isn't gaining.

In other news, Daniel is back to waking every 4 hours instead of sleeping 10-12 hours a night. It's really wearing on me. He's just learned to pull to stand and is doing it all the time. He also just learned to crawl up the stairs which is cute, but a little dangerous feeling but I want to make sure he doesn't fall down the stairs while he's learning.

Me
+ DH
+
Daniel (7/5/10)

#80 of 109 Old 04-06-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleRain View Post

In other news, Daniel is back to waking every 4 hours instead of sleeping 10-12 hours a night. It's really wearing on me. He's just learned to pull to stand and is doing it all the time. He also just learned to crawl up the stairs which is cute, but a little dangerous feeling but I want to make sure he doesn't fall down the stairs while he's learning.

My DS has recently gone from waking every 20-30 minutes to give us ONE four-hour stretch of sleep (with shorter stretches on either end of that) and we are so psyched about it! I know it's hard when you've been able to STTN but man oh man, consider yourself LUCKY. Have you seen the sleep problem threads with us mamas of 8-9 month

olds? It's insane.

We've got a crazy crawler here too. I've baby-proofed as much as I think is necessary but somehow DS manages to bump his head or fall on his face at least a half dozen times per day! Ugh...I feel terrible every time it happens, but he is a trooper and gets over it really fast. I think this is just something that comes with exploration and new mobility... no serious bumps or bangs yet, thank goodness.

In other news- I've lost 6 kg since the last time I checked (I don't weigh myself often, so maybe a month ago). That's like 14 lbs or something! I don't know where it came off of because I don't feel any slimmer. And I don't know HOW I lost it as I haven't been working out at all in the last couple of months because I've been so exhausted from the sleep deprivation being up with DS all night. And when I'm tired I tend to eat things that aren't conducive to weight loss...like CHOCOLATE...lots of it lately. So it doesn't make any sense, but I'm not complaining.

#81 of 109 Old 04-06-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat-mama View Post

My DS has recently gone from waking every 20-30 minutes to give us ONE four-hour stretch of sleep (with shorter stretches on either end of that) and we are so psyched about it! I know it's hard when you've been able to STTN but man oh man, consider yourself LUCKY. Have you seen the sleep problem threads with us mamas of 8-9 month

olds? It's insane.

We've got a crazy crawler here too. I've baby-proofed as much as I think is necessary but somehow DS manages to bump his head or fall on his face at least a half dozen times per day! Ugh...I feel terrible every time it happens, but he is a trooper and gets over it really fast. I think this is just something that comes with exploration and new mobility... no serious bumps or bangs yet, thank goodness.

In other news- I've lost 6 kg since the last time I checked (I don't weigh myself often, so maybe a month ago). That's like 14 lbs or something! I don't know where it came off of because I don't feel any slimmer. And I don't know HOW I lost it as I haven't been working out at all in the last couple of months because I've been so exhausted from the sleep deprivation being up with DS all night. And when I'm tired I tend to eat things that aren't conducive to weight loss...like CHOCOLATE...lots of it lately. So it doesn't make any sense, but I'm not complaining.

I know it seems that I'm lucky, but when you're used to one thing, the regression is still hard. Also, it really affects his behavior during the day, I can tell he's exhausted and overtired but I just can't get him to stop waking up at night. When he wakes up, he often cries inconsolably in arms for HOURS. This is a major change from when he regressed at 4 months-6 months. He used to just take his bottle and then either go nicely back to sleep or play in his crib for a while, so I could leave him in there to explore and go back to sleep. Obviously, now that he's spending the hours of 9:30-11:00pm and 3:00-5:00am crying, I can't just leave him in there, but it's exhausting dealing with a baby who so desperately needs to go back to sleep but is resisting for some reason. I think at some point he just gets hysterical and can't calm down. We're going on 3 weeks of this and it started with teething (so I'd give him ibuprofen and that would help stretch it out a little bit) and then he had a head cold (so I'd use a humidifier at night and saline and snot sucking), but now I have no idea why he's not sleeping. My friends who CIO say that he got in the habit while he wasn't feeling well and now he just needs to be "resleep trained" (not that he was ever sleep trained, he just started going to bed one night and not waking up till morning), and it's certainly tempting to let him CIO because it doesn't seem to help holding him vs not holding him, but I just don't have the heart for it.

Me
+ DH
+
Daniel (7/5/10)

#82 of 109 Old 04-06-2011, 11:32 AM

And, with 100% of precincts reporting, my husband has defeated his opponent handily, 56-44. Ellison and I were at the election night party (at a bar!--nonsmoking, thankfully) through the victory speech, and then we left. I was still up until 4 (!) and up again at 7 to go to work. zzzzz.

#83 of 109 Old 04-06-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleRain View Post

I know it seems that I'm lucky, but when you're used to one thing, the regression is still hard. Also, it really affects his behavior during the day, I can tell he's exhausted and overtired but I just can't get him to stop waking up at night. When he wakes up, he often cries inconsolably in arms for HOURS. This is a major change from when he regressed at 4 months-6 months. He used to just take his bottle and then either go nicely back to sleep or play in his crib for a while, so I could leave him in there to explore and go back to sleep. Obviously, now that he's spending the hours of 9:30-11:00pm and 3:00-5:00am crying, I can't just leave him in there, but it's exhausting dealing with a baby who so desperately needs to go back to sleep but is resisting for some reason. I think at some point he just gets hysterical and can't calm down. We're going on 3 weeks of this and it started with teething (so I'd give him ibuprofen and that would help stretch it out a little bit) and then he had a head cold (so I'd use a humidifier at night and saline and snot sucking), but now I have no idea why he's not sleeping. My friends who CIO say that he got in the habit while he wasn't feeling well and now he just needs to be "resleep trained" (not that he was ever sleep trained, he just started going to bed one night and not waking up till morning), and it's certainly tempting to let him CIO because it doesn't seem to help holding him vs not holding him, but I just don't have the heart for it.

I think this time whatever is developmentally going on is just much more disturbing than the last cognitive leap.  DS goes from happy & smiling to absolutely hysterical in a matter of seconds - I mean he just melts down at the littlest thing.

Been thinking about starting a "Struggling Sleepers" tribe for us mamas, but I know I don't have the time to maintain it (or SHOULDN'T have the time, if I wasn't so tired that I could focus on my work instead of coming here).

I half-heartedly tried expat's method last night when DS woke up 13 MINUTES after he went to bed.  I snuggled him and rubbed his head and sang and he went from crying to hysterics and after 10 minutes I just gave up.  I know the reason my patience is wearing out is because I'm sick... I was sick for 2 weeks in March, healthy for 1 week and now I'm right back where I started.  I cannot freaking breath and by 2 a.m. my mouth is so dry it feels like my tongue is going to crack.  Just stinks.

Mumma to DS July 2010 and expecting another baby boy late July 2012 belly.gif

#84 of 109 Old 04-06-2011, 08:13 PM

Hi Seattle- I, in no way, meant to trivialize what you are going through!  hug2.gifBelieve me I know it's rough- I genuinely feel for you. I haven't had a good night's sleep literally since DS was born and at 9-months going it really starts to wear a mama down. We're all in the same boat- it's supposed to get better soon. That's what I keep telling myself...week after week.

LittleBirdy- sorry your LO is having such a rough time too. When I started not nursing every time DS woke it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard at first. I'm sorry you are feeling crappy- hope things improve. hug2.gif

#85 of 109 Old 04-06-2011, 08:24 PM

I know you weren't, I just wanted to explain it. I know so many women on this site have really intense sleep issues here that mine seem trivial. I just don't know any AP parents so I don't know anyone else who hasn't used CIO yet for them to sleep.

Me
+ DH
+
Daniel (7/5/10)

#86 of 109 Old 04-06-2011, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoLawyer View Post

And, with 100% of precincts reporting, my husband has defeated his opponent handily, 56-44. Ellison and I were at the election night party (at a bar!--nonsmoking, thankfully) through the victory speech, and then we left. I was still up until 4 (!) and up again at 7 to go to work. zzzzz.

Congrats Proto!!

#87 of 109 Old 04-07-2011, 09:50 PM

BTW I finally got around to posting a video of one of DS's new favorite games - pulling on a dining chair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl7xGU6vvrE

#88 of 109 Old 04-08-2011, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somegirl99 View Post

BTW I finally got around to posting a video of one of DS's new favorite games - pulling on a dining chair.

Ha! It's so funny the weird little things they love to do...over and over again. Your LO is too cute with all that hair!

#89 of 109 Old 04-08-2011, 11:03 AM

hehe, funny video! biggrinbounce.gif or rather hide.gif ROTFLMAO.gif

#90 of 109 Old 04-08-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somegirl99 View Post

Too cute! Mine has a similar obsession with doorknobs, if he's close enough to play with one. (We discovered that when we dragged him into the bathroom in a high chair, to try to steam out some congestion.)

Tags
Infants , The Baby Care Book Penny Books

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page