What great baby products do you recommend? - Mothering Forums

3Likes
  • 1 Post By eshe
  • 1 Post By EnviroBecca

#1 of 23 Old 01-02-2015, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
What great baby products do you recommend?

We're pregnant with our first baby and are really excited. Due date is Sept 3 so we have a while, but I was curious what great (relatively) new products/toys/accessories that you've found to be greatly helpful!

My wife saw a gadget that allows you to feed your child from a bottle without holding it (like a pacifier with a tube that goes into a bottle, like a straw) which seems like a great idea. Our friend just had a baby and got a cool thing you put in the backseat of the car for the baby to look at with lights and noises which you can turn on by remote if the baby starts to cry.

I'm sure there are a ton of things out there that not everyone knows about that would be so helpful/handy! I'd love to hear your recommendations!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 23 Old 01-03-2015, 11:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodleehoo View Post
We're pregnant with our first baby and are really excited. Due date is Sept 3 so we have a while, but I was curious what great (relatively) new products/toys/accessories that you've found to be greatly helpful!

My wife saw a gadget that allows you to feed your child from a bottle without holding it (like a pacifier with a tube that goes into a bottle, like a straw) which seems like a great idea. Our friend just had a baby and got a cool thing you put in the backseat of the car for the baby to look at with lights and noises which you can turn on by remote if the baby starts to cry.

I'm sure there are a ton of things out there that not everyone knows about that would be so helpful/handy! I'd love to hear your recommendations!
Congrats you two! What a blessing! For me and my hubby we had so much fun in getting prepared for our first born and I know you both will enjoy the process as well. There are so many things I recommend, and I am sure everyone will tell you about products for the newborn. I suggest a Zippy from Sleeping Baby. This thing really came in handy when our little guy began to break out of his swaddle at four months. It also aided him in his sleep schedule. The other thing I recommend is that you buy a really good coffee machine, lol.
#3 of 23 Old 01-05-2015, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyna_VLA View Post
Congrats you two! What a blessing! For me and my hubby we had so much fun in getting prepared for our first born and I know you both will enjoy the process as well. There are so many things I recommend, and I am sure everyone will tell you about products for the newborn. I suggest a Zippy from Sleeping Baby. This thing really came in handy when our little guy began to break out of his swaddle at four months. It also aided him in his sleep schedule. The other thing I recommend is that you buy a really good coffee machine, lol.
Thanks, I've added that to my list! Anyone else??

#4 of 23 Old 01-05-2015, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I like the toys of vulli
SunshineRocket likes this.
#5 of 23 Old 01-07-2015, 10:10 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
In terms of new products, I love the new modern cloth diaper options. Hallelujah. Also, the mamaroo iPad powered swing deal sounds really cool (a bit beyond my budget, but very cool)

Slightly crunchy mama of three, one cs, one ubac, one vbac. Planning a vbac in October. Bookworms anonymous member.
#6 of 23 Old 01-09-2015, 08:09 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Congratulations!
Quote:
My wife saw a gadget that allows you to feed your child from a bottle without holding it (like a pacifier with a tube that goes into a bottle, like a straw) which seems like a great idea.
Make sure you research this very carefully as it may not be safe, especially for a baby too young to sit up. (Just because a product is being sold does not mean it is safe!!) Babies need supervision while feeding because they can choke or suffocate pretty easily.

The Baby Book by Dr. Sears is an excellent resource for learning what you will (and won't) need, as well as all about parenting a baby and what it will be able to do at what age.

Boppy pillow is great for feeding from breast or bottle. As baby grows, you can also use it to prop up the baby sitting or on the tummy.

I love this gadget for drying bottle parts after washing.

A baby carrier is super useful for walks, shopping, and whenever baby wants to be held but you are trying to do things with your hands. The babywearing forum here is all about carriers! I like a ring sling best.

Here's all about my favorite diapers.

Make sure you have a camera that takes good photos even in low light and close up.
fayebond likes this.

Mama to a boy EnviroKid
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12 years old and a girl EnviroKid
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3 years old!
I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more.
#7 of 23 Old 01-09-2015, 07:22 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
I saw someone today that I want to try... sometime when I am in a kiddie pool and can try it safely. It's a bath safety blow up thing for the baby's neck.

Oh and I adore the drying grass thing, we got two from a garage sale and they are awesome. I store my little pieces on it and t h eye never get lost.

The Tommy tippee bottles look really cool too. I already have bottles that we invested in, and for the most part we bf, so there is no reason to get a new one. But they look cool.

Lilebaby carriers are last on my fun to try list. All done.

Slightly crunchy mama of three, one cs, one ubac, one vbac. Planning a vbac in October. Bookworms anonymous member.
#8 of 23 Old 01-13-2015, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodleehoo View Post

I have a 12 week old. These are my favorite things (so far).

Little Frog woven wrap - Wearing the baby is the BEST. Keeps us close and me hands free. He loves taking naps in it.

BabyBjorn bouncy seat - This is lightweight so easy to move around the house. I take it into the bathroom and set him in it while I shower/brush teeth/etc. Very easy to clean in washing machine, too.

Keekaroo Peanut Changer - wipes clean and no need for a sheet style cover so less laundry! Adorable colors as well.

Nursing tanks with shelf bras - so I can unsnap and pull up the shirt I'm wearing over and still have my tummy covered. May not be great for super large chested women but I'm rocking some D's right now and it's plenty for me.

Button down front PJs - makes nursing at night in bed SO much easier (we bedshare)

Car seat mirror - I can see my babe's face in the rear facing car seat from the driver's seat, which is great because I know if he's fallen asleep!

Tivoli Couture Car seat jacket - SO great if you get cold winters. Pops over the car seat like a shower cap so babe stays snug without having to put on extra layers, and can pop off when you get inside so baby doesn't get overheated

California Baby organic baby powder - absolutely the BEST at preventing diaper rash and smells amazing

Babo calendula shampoo and body wash - smells the best and great for sensitive baby skin

Essentials: nail clippers, cotton balls, q tips, water wipes, rectal thermometer, saline gel, nasal aspirator

Books:
The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding from LLLI
Sweet Sleep from LLLI
The Vaccine Book by Dr Sears

I got SO much baby stuff for my shower and these are really the only things we use on a regular basis!

~ Tamara ~ First time Mama expecting in 10/14 ~ Married to Mike since 10/01/11 ~ 
#9 of 23 Old 01-15-2015, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
We relied extensively on the book, Baby Bargains, to choose our baby gear. The book compares various products and helps the reader decide if they need a particular product or not. I found the book to be extremely helpful and realistic.

Mom to a sweet, highly sensitive boy (6/2009) and our baby girl (1/2015).
#10 of 23 Old 01-15-2015, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Button down front PJs
Leading lady tops (from wlamart) for nursing
organic coconut and sesame oils for baby massage
#11 of 23 Old 01-19-2015, 07:15 PM

Hey there CONGRATULATIONS!

I wish I had got a bassinet for the car makes life so much easier, when they fall asleep in a car seat you wake them up getting them out and trust me hard to get them back off.
Dr Browns bottles good for stopping baby swallowing air helps with all sorts trapped wind GORD (stomach acids coming up, painful).
Bumbo seat good for when you want to do things but you want the little one near.
A swing keeps them entertained and soothing.
A play mat with hanging items over it keeps them entertained and helps build there hand eye coordination.
Microwave bottle sterilizer.
Snot remover, yes a snot remover its battery operated.
A good camera with a screen so you can look at them anywhere.
When older a light stroller makes life easier take less room in the car too I have a Maclaren I'm impressed with it.

Hope it helps!
#12 of 23 Old 01-20-2015, 07:39 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
The play mat with hanging toys is a great thing! Both my kids loved it at about 2-7 months old. (Once they can sit up, they want to sit on the mat and pull on the arches; then they tip over and have to be rescued.)

Microwave bottle sterilizer is not necessary since the health authorities have decided bottles don't need to be sterilized except before the very first use. (That saves a ton of time and hassle!) Just put them in a pot of boiling water on the stove for that first sterilization, and after that wash them like any other dishes.

Mama to a boy EnviroKid
12 years old and a girl EnviroKid
3 years old!
I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more.
#13 of 23 Old 01-21-2015, 01:23 AM

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
A great baby carrier like a Tula.
A stretchy wrap is nice for newborns.
I love cloth diapers.
#14 of 23 Old 01-21-2015, 01:34 PM

Hmm... I have to say that my favorite baby products are my mei-tei and Ergo Baby carrier. And of course, cloth diapers. I've been satisfied with Alvababy diapers. My son never enjoyed swings, walkers, or exersaucers. Although, he did like his bouncy seat until he was old enough to throw himself out of it.

As far as hygiene products go, I am a beauty consultant with NYR Organic and I use and love all their baby products. Particularly their baby bath & shampoo and baby balm. We're a very eco-friendly household, so we're particular about what products we use on ourselves and in the home. If you're interested in organic baby products, I'd love to tell you more about NYR Organic. https://us.nyrorganic.com/shop/emilydemoret
#15 of 23 Old 02-09-2015, 04:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This site has tons of great baby stuff, including inexpensive diaper covers I love it!

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ba...5346232014041X
#16 of 23 Old 03-09-2015, 07:13 PM

I recommend cloth diaper. It’s frugal, environmentally responsible, and chic!

Ann's Mommy
#17 of 23 Old 03-09-2015, 11:22 PM

When you become a parent, you'll notice how useful these baby products are. Moms should check out on this. And it's really surprising that my favorite ones are there too. thesis help uk
#18 of 23 Old 03-13-2015, 02:59 PM

there is a mat that kids can draw on freely - thats a must have
#19 of 23 Old 04-12-2015, 11:23 PM

The list for baby products can be so extensive!
#20 of 23 Old 04-14-2015, 05:26 PM

Congrats you two!
There are so many products to prepare before your lo is born. Like cloth diapers, cloth wipes,diaper inserts and so on.

Great works are performed not by strengh, but by perseverance.
#21 of 23 Old 04-19-2015, 06:11 PM

Rock and play, baby carriers have been so helpful on grumpy days, and a diaper genie.

A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.
#22 of 23 Old 04-19-2015, 08:06 PM

Mustela bath products... the infant shampoo for cradle cap is the best.

3 words, 8 letters, 3 syllables, 5 vowels, 3 consonants, 2 nouns, one emotion, many meanings, a big lie, a rare truth: I Love You.
#23 of 23 Old 05-26-2015, 11:06 AM

We furnished our LO's nursery with baby bedding from Liz and Roo. Lot's of great, handmade stuff http://lizandroo.com/

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page