Help! Anyone have experience with Amby??? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 07-09-2006, 12:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am having a little problem with my 5.5 month old baby. She has been sleeping in the Amby (in her own room) since 2 weeks old. She sleeps great in and really likes it but we have a new problem. Now that she is able to roll over she keeps rolling on to her stomach in it. They say the baby is not supposed to be able to sleep on their stomach but she seems to end up in that position quite frequently. The problem is when she wakes up she can't roll back over or even lift her head over because of the sag of the hammock. I always hear her and get to her but it is so scary to see her with her face pressed into the hammock, panicking. She gets really scared when this happens. I can't use any sort of positioner because she is a really big baby (about 20 lbs and long). Any ideas?

Shawna, married to Michael, mommy to Elijah 1/18/01, Olivia 11/9/02, and Eliana 1/22/06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 07-09-2006, 03:14 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It sounds like you may need to transition your little one into a bed or crib of some kind.

I just Googled Amby and Rolling Over and found this FAQ page. with info from the GER society on Amby HAmmocks that deals with rolling over:

Quote:
Question: Rolling Over
Can my baby roll over in the hammock?
Yes, eventually when the baby becomes strong enough around 4-6 months baby will be able to roll over on its side or tummy, with effort. The hammock’s design is not ideal for tummy sleeping because of the sling design. Sleeping on the tummy in any hammock is not suggested for long. Reflux babies should sleep on their backs because it is more assuring. If your baby continues to like the hammock and occasionally sleeps on its tummy then monitor baby as you would with any bed.
This is the exact same information on rolling over as is posted on the Amby Baby.com FAQ page.

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

#3 of 3 Old 07-09-2006, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My boy is 18.5 pounds and I just use the infant snuggli things (that came with it) at the lower end towards his feet. So they cuddle his knees, calves, and feet. makes sense? So far he hasn't rolled over with this in the hammock, but he isn't a big roller anyways.
Good luck!

me, wife and mama to ds ('06) and dd ('07), my miracle dd ('12) and surprise ds (5/14) and to plenty pets!

twinsbrokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif2/11, lost another twin brokenheart.gif 8/11

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page