The official "I love you guys!" thread - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 12-08-2005, 02:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Can we post some love for our little November due date club?

I can't even thank every one of you enough. We're coming to the end of our time here in our tiny corner of the web which is both totally exciting, we're all off starting a new path with our newly enlarged families, but it's bittersweet & makes me feel all emo, too! like this: I've been posting in this DDC since the very day I tested positive, 12 days after conception. My post count was 20something back then. Hahaha! I've posted well over 500 times in this DDC alone. Obsessed much??

I'm serious, you guys made my pregnancy easier & more fun. I had never been on the internet yet with my previous pregnancies. This time was sooOOoOOO different because I had you guys for support, laughs, friendship, commiseration & advice, & also because I had so much information at my fingertips that helped me become so much more empowered in my pregnancy & birth. I've had so much fun these past 9mos with you all in this forum. I don't even know what the heck I'm going to without this forum to obsess over every single day!

I wish I could send you all a great big ginormous thank you card.

North Idaho rural living 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 mama to: 24 yo DD, 18 yo DS, 10 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yr old DS, 4 yo DD, 3 yo DS, and our toddler boy!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
God willing, someone new is coming in Jan. 2017!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 12-08-2005, 09:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel the same way!!! I can't imagine how miserable and alone I would have felt through this pregnancy had I not had the mamas here in our DDC supporting me. And dh thanks you too because having someone else to complain to/with took a huge load off him.
I posted something in the breastfeeding forum and got really sad when no one answered. That never happened here even if I posted a stupid question or just needed to vent. Thanks to all of you for the encouragement, the support, and making me feel like I belonged
I agree it is pretty sad that our time here has ended but I think most of us are planning on keeping up in Life with a Babe.
Speaking of babes, I need to go feed mine
#3 of 6 Old 12-08-2005, 09:27 AM

Yep- me too. Specially as there's not so many crunchy mamas around here, I feel like a bit of a freak irl... you got me through the month of beautiful birth stories (and no blooming baby) and I seriously couldn't have done it without you.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.

#4 of 6 Old 12-08-2005, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I agree. My husband thought it was funny that I spent so much time on here, seeing as I never really got into message boards or the like before...

The only problem I have with the life with babe thread is that we can't post our little questions on there (like you said willemsmama, your bf question) as a separate question. So you have to go to the separate board, which may or may not have enough people on to answer back. It's too bad we can't have a baby-born-club that was a subforum...much as the DDC was.

Does this DDC get archived or could it still be usable?

Edited to add: I would also like to add that there would be a far lower likelihood of judgemental or catty remarks within our own DDC/BBC than what one might find if going into certain other areas. It's that whole getting to know you thing.
#5 of 6 Old 12-08-2005, 06:01 PM

Thanks for starting this thread- I love you guys!!

I totally ditto everything that has been said already!

With my 1st pregnancy, I didn't know anything about due date clubs or online groups- I found out about AP when my son was around 3 mos old and joined a yahoogroup DDC when he was 6 mos. old (so I didn't go through the pregnancy with them) but we are the closest group now, 3 yrs later, I don't know what I'd do without them.

Somewhere along the way, I learned about MDC and can't beleive that I didn't know about it sooner!

So this time I knew I wanted to join a group right away. Actually I was pregnant earlier and was in a different DDC, but I miscarried and dropped out (lurked to see when everyone had their babies ) I was thrilled to join this group, and be able to follow it through to the end!

I so, so hope we can stay together as we go through our postpartum days, and then as life moves on and we celebrate all of our babies' milestones- teething, crawling, eating solid foods, etc, and lean on each other for support with all of our sleeping issues, breastfeeding issues, and anything else that goes on in our lives!

I am constantly talking about 'my groups' to my husband- funny how you can be so close to people you've never met (we have all spent a lot of time together, though!). You are such an amazing group of knowledgeable women! I have learned so much from you!
#6 of 6 Old 12-09-2005, 12:01 PM

I'm just going to walk behind Mary above me here and ditto everything she's posting! I also joined a parentsplace (ivillage in the good ole days) back in 2001 when DS was 10 mo old and we've been tight since and have our own website. I'm so grateful to have had this group this pg because we do share many non-mainstream ideas. Thank you all so much.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page