BTE is back... with a baby! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 12 Old 12-10-2005, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello, lovely ladies!!!! Oh how I've missed you all!

Thanks so much for all your hugs and wonderings about me!!! I have a lot to catch up on, but I'm tickled to be back .

I went into labor in the wee hours of Monday, November 28, and my water broke at about 2:30 on Tuesday, November 29. There was meconium in the amniotic fluid, so we transfered to the hospital just as I was entering the "pushing phase." (Did any other mothers try this in the car? I highly recommend it if you are the daredevil sort...) Well we got the OB who was on call, a horrid woman whose touch was like scissors jabbing me in the crotch and whose first words to me were, "I'm not at all comfortable taking you on as a patient since I haven't been monitoring your progress, so I'm giving you 30 minutes to push and then we're going to do a C-section." (This was before she had even lifted my sheet to see how I was progressing or what was going on!) Many many more insults and injuries (to me and my midwife) followed, but then the OB was called away for a few hours to another poor woman's bedside, so with the much gentler approach of the hospital midwives we did have an unmedicated vaginal birth. Baby boy -- all 9 lbs. and 23 inches of him -- was wisked away to the NICU table to get suctioned and oxygenated. His Apgar score reached 9 by the 7-minute mark, but he was taken to the NICU anyway for monitoring. We stayed at the hospital for three days, coming home last Friday with a big healthy boy and only a few emotional bruises.

BUT, I was in such a rush to tell you all everything that I asked DH to go home and get my computer and bring it up to the hospital. I plugged it in as soon as I got up to the recovery room, saw a blue spark, and that was it for my laptop for the next week. I had a 3rd degree tear that's taking a long time to heal, and so haven't been up and about enough to track down another computer. But we got our computer back yesterday. And I have a baby!! We're calling him Woody. And we're totally in love.

So I'm off to read all about YOU and your kiddos. Can't wait to share outside-of-the-womb stories -- lemme hear ya holla if your boy has peed in your face while you were changing his diaper! Oooohhh yea!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 12-10-2005, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I will personally testify to the peeing in face episode. OH yeah.

That sounds like a borderline traumatic birth experience, but glad it turned out well!

I have a thing about women OBs...something to prove, much? It's like they try to outperform men in the jerk doctor mentality, sans empathy. I'm sure some are fantastic, just none that I've met so far.

Glad to hear though that everyone is fine and healthy and recovering!
#3 of 12 Old 12-10-2005, 08:12 PM

At least little boys give you warning that they're about to wee in your face- girls have no such manners...
I'm glad everything went OK (sort of OK, anyhow- that you're all fine and fit and healthy) in the end- I was starting to get a little worried for you. Are you taking arnica for your tear and your tears?? If not, I'd strongly recommend it.
Love the name, btw- and he's so LONG!!! Congratulations

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.

#4 of 12 Old 12-10-2005, 08:59 PM

All right! I have been checking in looking for your story -- congrats!!

Welcome Woody!
#5 of 12 Old 12-11-2005, 12:44 AM

Welcome Woody, and best wishes for a speedier recovery, BeTheEarth.

Elliot has tried to pee in my face, but doesn't really have the aim thing down yet... he usually manages to hit my chest or arm, and most of himself in the bargain, though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Spending all of my money and time on this wild, wild life.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#6 of 12 Old 12-11-2005, 01:38 AM

Glad you're back...Congrats and welcome Woody!! Sorry to hear about the bitchy OB and computer troubles. I haven't had the pee in the face...but puked in the face (milk-curdy kisses from my little one). Oh the joys of motherhood

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#7 of 12 Old 12-11-2005, 02:22 AM

congrats mama!!!
#8 of 12 Old 12-11-2005, 02:25 AM

I have been thinking about you and am glad to hear you are safe at home. Sorry about the nasty OB. Glad she's outta your life now and you are able to love on your babe in peace at home now.

So, I am moma to girl babe Ezra so her pee has not reached my face but DH and I were VERY surprised at the projection she's got down there. It's rather fountain-like.

I bet your babe is gorgeous. You and Dh are a nice lookin' couple of people if I can say that in a non stalker sort of way. As you rest, please post some pics soon! So glad to hear you are recovering well!

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#9 of 12 Old 12-11-2005, 08:39 PM

Congrats, BTE!! I have been thinking about you!

: about the awful doctor, but you showed her- YOU DID IT!!

Glad the babe is doing well, and you're home, and sorry about the computer woes but I'm really happy you were able to check in with us!

~~~~~healing vibes to you~~~~~~
#10 of 12 Old 12-13-2005, 12:26 PM

Kenna warns "He's gonna pee pee everywhere!" every time I take a diaper off. I have yet to learn to heed her warning.

Congratulations on your new little one.

Christa
#11 of 12 Old 12-13-2005, 02:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crsta33
Kenna warns "He's gonna pee pee everywhere!" every time I take a diaper off. I have yet to learn to heed her warning.
I'm right there with ya sistas!!!! heehee I will have to say, though, my little man has been shot in the eye with mamamilk a couple of times...so I'd say we're even!

CONGRATS BTE!!!! Wow...what a LONG baby!!! I thought Noah was long!!! Glad to hear they share the same birth *time*!!! I'm so glad that you still were able to have an unmedicated vaginal birth regardless of that evil witch!!!
#12 of 12 Old 12-14-2005, 04:37 PM
Banned

Congrats!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page