2Likes
  • 1 Post By farmermomma
  • 1 Post By SofiaDE

#1 of 8 Old 03-07-2016, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
When The Kids Are At School

What do you do when your kids are at school?

Me and my SO are both stay at home parents and our son just started a gifted preschool class last month so now we have this new "free time" and no idea what to do with it! Our son goes four days a week and with school and his bus ride it's a little under four hours he's gone and mostly we've just watched Netflix or cleaned but that's getting boring. Do you do anything fun in your "free time?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 03-11-2016, 09:33 AM

Well, I know it's both a welcome break and a challenging adjustment to get used to not being with your kids 24/7 and having some alone time. But, along with getting things done around the house, are there any activities/hobbies you've been wanting to try that you haven't had time to? Maybe take a class somewhere? Or I know there's groups like MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) that help you connect with other moms in your shoes and have some time to just chat and get support. So, maybe check if there's something like this in your area? Just a thought!
#3 of 8 Old 03-11-2016, 07:44 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
You sound quite blessed. How about some volunteering?
blessedwithboys likes this.

#4 of 8 Old 05-11-2016, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Stay at Home Parent Survey

Hello, just wondering if any stay at home parents would be able to fill out a survey if they have any time?

Any responses are appreciated.
#5 of 8 Old 05-11-2016, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Yep, classes are great. That's how I became a Master Gardener. But volunteering is hugely rewarding. There are so many good causes that depend on the volunteer man hours they receive. Sure, stay on top of home repairs and don't let the house or yard get out of hand but find something worthwhile to do... you'll be glad.
#6 of 8 Old 06-01-2016, 04:53 AM

I'm not there yet, and some days I wish I was with the 2 year old. But sitting here with a 2 year old and reading your post makes me think that the best thing you can do right now is nothing. You have had years of constant doing, and you are still going to be quite busy. Enjoy the quiet and get back to you-and let that answer come on it’s own sweet time. You will still be a busy mama, but not you can recoup some of your energy from the toddler year.
BellaCassels likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is better than cure.

Last edited by SofiaDE; 06-23-2016 at 03:42 AM.
#7 of 8 Old 02-07-2017, 02:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
For now, I would just enjoy taking a rest at last!! And then go ahead and find some fun hobbies. What about gardening or (I live in the country) you could get into backyard chicken raising or even raise your own dairy goats for milk!

~~Bella
#8 of 8 Old 05-25-2017, 02:40 AM

In my case, I will surely take some rest . Knitting is one of the things I am planning to do in my free time.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page