Mothering Forum banner

17 years of stay at home mom!

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  marafx2007 
#1 ·
Hi There,

I'm new here. My name is Diana Dvash and this is my life in short:

I'm 45 years old and i live in Israel. I'm married and a mother to 5 kids ranging from 2 to 16. I'm a ceramic artist and own a ceramic studio here in Ani'am, the small village i live in. Since my oldest was born, i have been working from home, giving my kids the best that i can.

I also wanted to share something which i'm very proud of:

As with all large families, we have a lot of laundry and about 2 years ago, while sitting down and folding it, i noticed that one of the most problematic items to fold is the fitted sheet. It takes time, and it never comes out folded looking ok, right? Then, an idea came to my head: Why not develop a fitted sheet that has a pillow case stitched to it? when coming back from the wash & dry, all you need to do is just squash the sheet inside its own case and you get a great looking throw pillow! not only this, when the sheet is on the bed, you get a bedside pocket to put your stuff in!

The main reason for me to move this idea forward was the thought: "I want to spend more time with my kids than with my laundry!!"

Since that day, i have been working hard - developing prototypes, designing the graphics for the pillow and more. Now, i have a product which is ready and i will be soon going on a crowdfunding campaign to try and raise funds for its production!

I'm telling you all of this to show that stay at home mom does not necessarily mean stopping your life! I'm saying that even if you have 5 kids, you can still get up and do more.

I hope my personal story inspired some of you :smile:
Yours,
Diana.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.