17 years of stay at home mom! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 02-26-2018, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
17 years of stay at home mom!

Hi There,

I'm new here. My name is Diana Dvash and this is my life in short:

I'm 45 years old and i live in Israel. I'm married and a mother to 5 kids ranging from 2 to 16. I'm a ceramic artist and own a ceramic studio here in Ani'am, the small village i live in. Since my oldest was born, i have been working from home, giving my kids the best that i can.

I also wanted to share something which i'm very proud of:

As with all large families, we have a lot of laundry and about 2 years ago, while sitting down and folding it, i noticed that one of the most problematic items to fold is the fitted sheet. It takes time, and it never comes out folded looking ok, right? Then, an idea came to my head: Why not develop a fitted sheet that has a pillow case stitched to it? when coming back from the wash & dry, all you need to do is just squash the sheet inside its own case and you get a great looking throw pillow! not only this, when the sheet is on the bed, you get a bedside pocket to put your stuff in!

The main reason for me to move this idea forward was the thought: "I want to spend more time with my kids than with my laundry!!"

Since that day, i have been working hard - developing prototypes, designing the graphics for the pillow and more. Now, i have a product which is ready and i will be soon going on a crowdfunding campaign to try and raise funds for its production!

I'm telling you all of this to show that stay at home mom does not necessarily mean stopping your life! I'm saying that even if you have 5 kids, you can still get up and do more.

I hope my personal story inspired some of you
Yours,
Diana.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-13-2018, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter

Well... I did it (sort of...)

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to update you that yesterday i launched my Kickstarter campgain for the product i mentioned in my earlier post. It is called Squasheet and you can search for it on Google or Kickstarter.

Hope you like it,

Diana.

Last edited by DianaDvash; 03-13-2018 at 10:42 PM.
#3 of 3 Old 07-31-2018, 05:01 AM

Stay at home mom here too. And I might say it was a discovery for me. I developed a skill I never thought I could have ever had!
Afterall being a homestay mom has a lot of good points.

Tags
fitted sheet , folding a fitted sheet

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page