People asking SAHPs for favors - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 03-23-2018, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
People asking SAHPs for favors

I am a SAHM we've had huge problems lately with people dropping their kids off at our house after school, telling me they need to "go run errands" and I should watch their kid. After telling them NO a hundred times they continue to send their kids over, begging to come in the house, wanting me to fix snacks for them. I have 3 young children of my own and don't have time to care for anyone else's children, period. One time a grandma even came by with her 2 kids and said "they need to spend the night". Um, no. What is it with people who can't watch their own kids and try to force other people to do it? Just because I stay home doesn't mean I'm eating bon bons on the sofa, watching television all day. And even if someone isn't super busy, their time is their own and they don't owe it to anyone else to give free childcare to them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-07-2018, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, you got some people with major boundary issues.

oAlisha- eternal companion to mike:, mother to three energetic boys (02):, (05), and (07) and one sweet little girl 3/13. Four in heaven.7/21/2010, 11/05/2011, 9/16, 4/16/2017
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 of 3 Old 04-08-2018, 06:28 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
We had neighbours who would do that. If the kids were nice and good playmates I'd mind less. The neighbours went so far as to ask my BIL to take their son (while they were at the community pool) and asking the neighbourhood drop in centre to have me pick up their son (which led to us not using that service anymore it was a PIA). It was crazy because he wasn't nice to my son and was poorly behaved while here. I felt badly for him, but what are you going to do? Like I said if they got along and I trusted the other parents, I would have minded less, it could have been super convenient as I have an only and not a lot of family support.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page