It was my first day back at work... - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 07-14-2008, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
after 2 years SAHM and it was so freakin easy. : Even getting up ridiculously early and sitting in traffic wasn't bad. I got dressed up and listened to books on CD in the car and drank my coffee while it was still hot. I was in training all day and ate lunch (while it was still hot) with grownups and chatted with everybody. I don't even know what I used to complain about. I have to admit after being home with a high-spirited baby/toddler for 2 years that working a job is easy! Not delightful and fascinating or anything mind you, but definitely much less strenuous.

DH is in crisis mode because he is watching our son this week. He went to his mom's today so she could watch DS. When I got home he told me he didn't think that my working was a good idea. I asked him why and he said "I can just see where this is going, now I'm going to have to work and then come home and do MORE STUFF and then watch Caleb on my DAYS OFF and everything." and he was serious! : Um, so let me get this, you're totally upset because I've found something that is making me happy and now you'll be expected to do almost a whopping 50% of the work involved in parenting and managing our home?

x-posting in student./working mamas since I can hang there now too.

Book lovin librarian nerd mama to Caleb 6/06 and Aiden 4/09: and 1 angel 11/07. "No one cries alone in my presence."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-14-2008, 11:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Great post! Good luck with the job.
#3 of 4 Old 07-14-2008, 11:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
LOL!!! @ your hubby's reaction. LOLOLOL.

Mom to DD ('06) and DS ('08)

#4 of 4 Old 07-15-2008, 10:00 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherweh View Post
after 2 years SAHM and it was so freakin easy. : Even getting up ridiculously early and sitting in traffic wasn't bad. I got dressed up and listened to books on CD in the car and drank my coffee while it was still hot. I was in training all day and ate lunch (while it was still hot) with grownups and chatted with everybody. I don't even know what I used to complain about. I have to admit after being home with a high-spirited baby/toddler for 2 years that working a job is easy! Not delightful and fascinating or anything mind you, but definitely much less strenuous.

DH is in crisis mode because he is watching our son this week. He went to his mom's today so she could watch DS. When I got home he told me he didn't think that my working was a good idea. I asked him why and he said "I can just see where this is going, now I'm going to have to work and then come home and do MORE STUFF and then watch Caleb on my DAYS OFF and everything." and he was serious! : Um, so let me get this, you're totally upset because I've found something that is making me happy and now you'll be expected to do almost a whopping 50% of the work involved in parenting and managing our home?

x-posting in student./working mamas since I can hang there now too.

Awww poor thing. He actually has to act like a FATHER. Woe to him.

Shameful. Just absolutely awful. Who do these guys think that they are, that they should not lift a finger to care for their own kids and care for their home?

Good for you, Mama. I hope you enjoy your job.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page