Positive things about our ex's new partner (our children's "other parent" at our ex's home) - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 03-03-2009, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since the other threads were getting confusing I thought I would add these. Will come back to share my own positives on each thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 03-03-2009, 12:12 PM

I really have nothing but nice things to say about my X-husband's wife. She is kind and caring with my kids - she has fun with the youngest two and always jokes around with the oldest. She is pleasant and polite to me and as far as I know has never said a bad word about me around the kids, but she doesn't try to "mother" them and seems very comfortable in her role. I honestly couldn't ask for anything more from her!
#3 of 6 Old 03-03-2009, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

My ex's girlfriend and her 5 year old son officially moved in with him just before Christmas but since October has been there most of the time that my girls are there. I was very hesitant at first, they had not been dating long and my ex refused to tell me her last name.

However, my girls are much happier about going to their dad's house since she has come into their lives. She makes sure they get bathed regularily and does their curly hair every morning (it had been an issue, after 5 days at dad's previously, they would often come back unbathed and though he would comb their hair, curly hair needs to be better taken care of (conditioner/product, etc)) bakes with them, plays with them, and genuinely shows them that she loves them. She is much easier for me to get along with than my ex and she often reminds my ex that he can stay mad at me, as an ex-wife, for not ending things correctly (he was emotionally abusive and slightly physical at the end, but I had an affair with current dh and left ex) but that the four of us must work together to parent these beautiful children we are all raising together.

#4 of 6 Old 03-03-2009, 02:44 PM

I have sole and full uncontested custody of my oldest, so that X having a partner or not has not been an issue, in other words, that "dad" is quite M.I.A.
(and I don't mean the singer)

My other son's dad isn't seeing anyone and for some kind of spiritual reason has taken up celibacy.

But as a step mom, I am glad to read the positive thoughts!
#5 of 6 Old 03-03-2009, 04:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoolove View Post
I have sole and full uncontested custody of my oldest, so that X having a partner or not has not been an issue, in other words, that "dad" is quite M.I.A.
(and I don't mean the singer)

My other son's dad isn't seeing anyone and for some kind of spiritual reason has taken up celibacy.

But as a step mom, I am glad to read the positive thoughts!
I'm subbing for the exact same reason.

I pray for the day Family Court recognizes that CHILDREN have rights, parents only have PRIVILEGES.  Only then, will I know my child is safe.
#6 of 6 Old 03-04-2009, 12:25 AM

My ex's fiance is AWESOME. I really do like her as not only a person, but as a step mother for my sons. I know that if I died tomorrow, she would make sure that my boys are very well taken care of and that my boys would only ever hear good things about me from her or my ex. Infact, she was TRULY the most excited person I told I was pg to. She screamed in the phone and was just so honestly happy for me. She understands that my ex was a different person when we were together (not a good thing) but that I accept he is a good man now and she is thankful it seems that I have pushed all along for my ex to remain in the boys lives. (he always wanted to, but some of his actions would have made other women cut him off).

Now how she is with my boys is awesome. Over christmas break she spent so much time with them, cooking and helping them clean. She made them blankets and bookmarks (my younest loves to read), she really took an interest in them and found what was meaningful to them. Both of my boys sleep with the blankets she made every night.

My kids call her by her first name, but I honestly wouldn't be hurt if they did start calling her mom.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page