Mothering Forum banner

Not feeling movement anymore?

7K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Jlcampbellkidz 
#1 ·
I started feeling movement at 13 weeks and I am now 16 weeks 4 days. I was feeling it quite a bit the last couple of weeks but the last 4 days I have felt basically nothing. I thought I felt a nudge when I was reading to the kids this morning but I'm not positive. Is this normal? I didn't feel my other two this early so I'm not sure what is normal for this stage of pregnancy. I laid awake half the night worrying that something was wrong.

#2 ·
I think at this stage it's pretty sporadic. The baby could have moved into a different position that's harder to feel, etc. I have only started feeling regular movement this past week, before that it was maybe every 3-4 days or so.

#3 ·
It could be that the baby just moved into a different position that's not as easy to feel. But I understand how it makes you feel a little panicked...I've only been feeling the baby move frequently and daily for about a week now, and I realized last night that I hadn't noticed anything for several hours...logic told me the baby was probably SLEEPING, but I couldn't help but feel a tiny bit anxious. Little one is fine - I've been feeling thumps and bumps all day today.

I'm not sure how you feel about doppler use, but this is the reason why I rent a doppler to have at home - for a quick listen when I start to get really anxious about something like this (I use it very seldom and only for a few seconds, just as long as it takes to hear the heart beating a few beats, but it has put my mind at ease more than once during my pregnancies).

#4 ·
Just visiting from January, here. I started feeling movement at 11 weeks and it was pretty regular until I felt NONE for two weeks, around 14 or 15 weeks. And then it started up again. I am sure it had to do with the baby's position. I hope you feel some movement soon, but I also hope you won't worry too much in the meantime.

Emily

#5 ·
I'm almost 18 weeks, and I am still not sure I am feeling movement. I thought i was feeling it at 14 weeks, but maybe it was my imagination. Right now they are still so small, they could be in a position you cant feel it. I didnt feel regular movement till after 22 weeks or so before..

#6 ·
I'm another one who isn't feeling movement anymore. I started feeling it around 13 weeks off and on. It seems like I haven't felt anything for the past couple of weeks and I'm 19 wks today. I know it's normal, but I do feel a bit worried.

#7 ·
I felt early movement this time, but at almost 18 weeks don't feel anything on a regular basis. I had an ultrasound yesterday and we realized that the placenta is anterior. The doctor said that is why we are having trouble getting the heartbeat on the doppler and why the kicks don't feel so strong - they're padded!

#8 ·
I too have been feeling movement for several weeks now and there are times where both kids must get into some position I cat feel cause sometimes it feelslike hours and hours go by where I cant even feel one of them. It comes and goes. Fromexperience with my DS, his movements were the same way until about 21 weeks.

#9 ·
April - Noah's placenta was anterior. I didn't know this until 35 weeks, and then it suddenly made sense why the whole pregnancy I just didn't feel the intensity of kicks and wiggles that I had felt during my first pregnancy! I also didn't SEE him moving nearly as much as I had seen Jenna. It was kind of disappointing, in a way!

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by danav
April - Noah's placenta was anterior. I didn't know this until 35 weeks, and then it suddenly made sense why the whole pregnancy I just didn't feel the intensity of kicks and wiggles that I had felt during my first pregnancy! I also didn't SEE him moving nearly as much as I had seen Jenna. It was kind of disappointing, in a way!

I'm sort of disappointed about it. I asked if the placenta would move now and the doctor said it would sort of migrate up as the uterus grows, but not really move. I just want dd to be able to feel and see the movements. I was glad to find out, I'm not so worried about the lack of movement or trouble finding the heartbeat now.

#11 ·
I am so relieved to see this thread!! I started feeling movement very early this time around. But, the past couple weeks, I have a hard time feeling anything for days at a time. I'll eat cookies and then lie down and see if that helps and it doesn't!! They've also had a VERY hard time finding the heartbeat at my regular appointments. I wonder if it's the position of the placenta. Hmmmm . . . I leave for a quick u/s in about 1/2 hour. (I just want to know position of the placenta.) I guess I'll find out then.

#12 ·
Heavenly: I could have written your post. I have been feeling movement since about 11 weeks. But nothing since Monday. I started to worry then realized how stressed I have been and figured I just havne't been able to relax and pay attention to the small movements. At this point we still have to stop and really look for the movement but our babies are getting bigger. All my books and links say for me at 17 weeks baby is atleast 5 in. Head to rump, and total 6 to 6.5 in. So am ready for the stronger more reg. movements.

I hope you feel something soon. Try to relax!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.