Weight Loss? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 34 Old 07-19-2006, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone weigh themselves yet? I could seriously care less about my weight right now but I'm still curious.. The last time I was weighed was 2 wks before Elijah was born and I was at 154. I just weighed myself today. 3 wks 4 days PP and am at 126. My pre-pg weight was 102. It's weird (or not) but this time I'm not concerned w/ losing weight. After I had Marley I was all worried that I wouldn't go back to my regular size but this time I'm like "whatever" about it. How about you mamas?

Anyone else weigh themselves yet? Any dramatic weight loss so far?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 34 Old 07-19-2006, 08:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm actually a pound down from my pre-pregnancy weight. :

I gained 26 pounds this time, and it seemed to just come off - I was down 16 pounds at my 1-week staple removal check, and then I just weighed myself yesterday and I'm a pound less than I was when I got pregnant, so that's 27 pounds in 3 weeks.

I think the reason is that DD is very sensitive to my food intake so I'm living on wheat toast, PB&J, turkey sandwiches, chicken & rice & green beans, baked potatoes, chicken caesar salad, oat bran granola bars, triscuits, carrots, cukes, bananas, apples, water, and iced tea. Oh, and the occasional piece of chocolate. Nothing greasy, nothing fried, no milk (which SUCKS, cause I LOVE milk), a tiny amount of cheese, no peppers, onions, tomato sauces, or fatty meats. This is what I've tested out and figured out bothers her versus doesn't bother her, so this is what I'm doing. I'm rotating those above foods and that's about it...everything else I normally eat seems to make DD bonkers. So, that's a pretty healthy food list and it's no wonder I'm losing weight, when I read the above...

I had planned to lose weight after DD was born because I hate feeling dumpy (I'm 50 pounds overweight for my height right now), but I'm not going to do anything serious about it until DD is a few months old at least. Then again, if she stays so sensitive to my food intake, I might not have to do much.

The one thing I DO need to do for so many reasons is to start exercising again. Ugh.

Anyway, speaking of chicken and rice, I need to go have dinner, DH was at an appointment so dinner and bath time were all on me, and DD decided she needed to nurse while DS was eating, and I realized I didn't prep my own food in time. So it's waiting for me now. While DH has a slice of pizza. Nice guy, huh? :

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#3 of 34 Old 07-19-2006, 11:04 PM

I am definitely not close to what I weighed pre-pregnancy. I'm 6' tall so these numbers are a little less frightening (sort of...)
Pre-preg I was 185 and fairly fit. At the end of preg I was 245. I now weigh about 219. So in 4 weeks I've lost 26 lbs. It took me a full year to get back to my pre preg with my first. Then I got pregnant again, of course....

I've been trying to walk every day, even if just for a half hour. I don't eat that much, either, though I do love chocolate and ice cream... sigh...

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!

#4 of 34 Old 07-19-2006, 11:14 PM

I weigh myself daily, and measure my waist. I've got 2 1/2 inches that need to come off my waist.

I lost 20 lbs at birth and have lost only 2 since ((whimpers)) which leaves me with 13 to go to get back to pp weight, then I'd like to lose at least another 5 after that.

I'm still in maternity pants, which sucks (I'm almost 4 weeks pp)!

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

#5 of 34 Old 07-19-2006, 11:33 PM

I had lost 20 lbs at my one week incision check. I don't own a scale so I dont know how much I have lost in the last two weeks. My toddler will only nap if I walk him, so with wearing the little one and walking the older one in 100 degrees heat I think I will just sweat it all off!! I was 115 when I got pregnant, and ended up at about 159. So I still have a ways to go!!!
#6 of 34 Old 07-19-2006, 11:50 PM

Ugh...I am SO anxious about losing the weight this time I have always struggled with my weight and had finally lost a lot and improved my family's diet a lot and gotten in decent shape before getting pg this time - and now I'm really worried, I gained too much (40 lbs. - when I was already about 20 or 25 lbs. overweight) and I've only lost half of it. Well, it's only been 3 1/2 weeks. Can't wait to get back to working out, but I can't leave the baby at all yet - he nurses constantly so I couldn't even sneak out to Curves for my 30 min. workout, though I want to so badly!! And my diet has been SO bad lately - for the 10 days in the NICU I was eating hospital cafeteria crap all day (and night - lol!) yuck! And now my well-meaning friends are all bringing over cakes and cookies and treats constantly, which of course I cannot resist!!

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#7 of 34 Old 07-20-2006, 01:11 AM

I didn't care about my weight for a while, but now, almost 4 weeks pp, I'm feeling like a fat lard. I've lost 25 lbs., and still have about 25-35 to go. I'm still wearing maternity clothes, but they're ambiguously maternity, so it's not that big of a deal. At least my boobs look amazing. And at least I don't have eyes in the back of my head to be able to see the reality of what my ass looks like. Sigh.
#8 of 34 Old 07-20-2006, 01:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I am now 16 days from having Edie and have lost 20 of the 25 I gained. I am still a bit swollen (still some pitting edema on one foot and ankle), so I am sure another pound or two is just water weight that needs to come off yet. Unfortunately though it appears that all the rest of it is directly in my lower tummy, so I still can't get into my pre-pregnancy clothes so I am still sporting the maternity wear as well, I need to lose about 2 more inches until they will fit without bulging fat everywhere.

I have to say that I am already taking note of my weight and being very careful. Breastfeeding makes me VERY, VERY hungry and with my past 2 kids I wasn't careful about the foods that I was eating while so hungry and I gained weight while breastfeeding. So, I am being cautious about the foods I put in my mouth now since I know that I will be eating lots. I am still about 80lbs overweight, so I would really like to lose that all this time around.

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#9 of 34 Old 07-20-2006, 02:52 AM

I'm not sure how much weight I've lost but I can fit into my pre preg clothes so I'm OK! I still want to lose a lot as I'm only in my pre preg clothes from this DD. I'm still up 10 sizes (was an 8 now I'm an 18) after DD1 but thats OK! It's all worth it
#10 of 34 Old 07-20-2006, 01:00 PM

Okay b/c apparently y'all need to hear from a serious fatty I will bear my soul so that those viewers going "holy crap...I feel like sh!t...those women are seriously skinny" and about to just thinking about how much weight you "have to lose" or have gained, etc.

I am 5'5" - before ever getting pg, I weighed 150ish.

I gained 65# with dd1 (215# at delivery) and lost 75# being my skinniest ever married self at 140#.

I gained 55# with dd2 (195# at delivery) and lost about 35# before getting pg again...

So I was about 160# when I got pg with dd3. I gained 45# with dd3 pg (205# at delivery). I lost about 30# before getting pg again...

So I was about 175# when I got pg this time (didn't weigh myself during this pg so that's an estimate). I gained about 55# this time with ds (230# at delivery-checked myself out of curiosity that last week) and I'm down to about 210# now...

Meaning I've lost about 20# since delivery 5 weeks ago. I figure I have 60# to lose to be "healthy" which - of course - is my goal. However, at 5'5" and 150#, I'll still be considered "overweight" but se la vi! I'm a little overwhelmed at the idea of losing 60# but I figure if I can lose 5#/month or a little more than 1#/week...in a year it'll all be off. The thing is I won't diet and the exercise I get will be walking or doing my belly dance video or sit-ups/leg lifts, that type of stuff in my home so we'll see if that 1#/week comes off...

I'm not sweating it though. I truly do not eat a lot of junk (some, but nothing insane) and I do try to walk every day so like I said we'll see what happens...

So there you go mamas. If you have read this up to now and felt badly. Here I am - all size 18 of me - to say where I'm at loud and proud. Hopefully it makes many of you feel way better (whew! I'm not THAT bad! LOL) and hopefully nobody feels worse

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

#11 of 34 Old 07-20-2006, 01:21 PM

LeighAnne, you crack me up! LOL!!

I'm able to get back in some of my prepregnancy fat pants (bought postpartum from dd2), but some of the tighter ones are a bit too tight right now ) I was 138 when I got pregnant, which is still a little overweight for me (I'd like to be 115, Im only 4'11") I gained 30lbs and at my 2wk check up yesterday I was 150. So 18lbs lost in 2 1/2 weeks isn't bad at all I just can't stay away from the chocolate!!!
#12 of 34 Old 07-20-2006, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
mcimom- I am a bit heavier than you and a bit shorter and I am wishing I could wear my size 18 pants right now So, when I say I need to lose 80 pounds yet, I totally mean it. I am right now sitting at 220, was 240 when I had my daughter.

Once upon a time, before Erika had children..... I was 130ish pounds, I moved to Wisconsin and gained a wee bit of weight (or 20lbs, whatever) eating cheese curds and my husband introduced me to Taco Bell... yum. Then I got pregnant with my first child and gained 65lbs in the 34 weeks I was pregnant. I started my pregnancy with child #2 at 180 and gained 38lbs. Pregnancy #3 I started at 215 and gained 25lbs. Now I am 5'3.5" and 220lbs and hoping that I really will be able to make the positive changes I need in order to get to a healthier weight. So, if anyone else was feeling bad, I am a total fatty Hopefully I will grow into a health nut soon, slow and steady.

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#13 of 34 Old 07-20-2006, 04:23 PM

OK, I'll bite and give you my numbers, too...in the interest of commiseration and boosting others' morale.

The prepregnancy weight I'm so happy to be back to already (see above) is 174.....on a 5 feet 0 inch frame

Sooooo, when I say I'm still 50 pounds overweight, I mean it too - 125 would be an acceptable weight to me, because I tend weigh heavier numerically than other people who are the same size clothes as me for some reason, and at 125 I'd be about a size 5/6/7, which is just fine as far as I'm concerned at 5 feet tall. I have NO interest in being really thin, I like my curves (and so does DH, for sure ....it's the voluminous rolls that I'm not crazy about.

#14 of 34 Old 07-20-2006, 04:37 PM

At my preconception pap appointment in August I was at 271.

At my 39 week appointment I was at 320.

At my 2 week postpartum visit I was at 286.

I lost a lot of blood in the third stage (not sure if it was officially a hemorrhage but they gave me pitocin) and have had a rough recovery, including a bout of mastitis last week when I overexerted myself. I actually hope I don't lose any more weight at all for several months because frankly it's really hard on the body to lose that much so fast. I'd rather have some reserves on me for breastfeeding than continue to feel like an invalid and have a complete crash if I miss my daily iron supplement. I still don't fit my old clothes because it takes a while for the bones to move back, too, if they ever do. I can see and feel that my hips are wider than they used to be.

I posted my actual numbers because I'm sure they'll shock and horrify, but they're not upsetting to me. I'm tall and strong and carry it well, and I live a more healthy lifestyle than most. After Aurora was born I decided to call a permanent truce with my body. It kept her alive for 40 weeks, it grew her to over 9 pounds, it endured 20 hours of labor, and it had the strength to get her out into the world in one piece. Now she's 5 weeks old and over 11 lbs--I expect at her last midwife appointment she'll be right around 13. My body did that too. It deserves some credit and some respect.

Yours do too.
#15 of 34 Old 07-20-2006, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianSheepDog
After Aurora was born I decided to call a permanent truce with my body. It kept her alive for 40 weeks, it grew her to over 9 pounds, it endured 20 hours of labor, and it had the strength to get her out into the world in one piece. Now she's 5 weeks old and over 11 lbs--I expect at her last midwife appointment she'll be right around 13. My body did that too. It deserves some credit and some respect.

Yours do too.

You're awesome! You just gave my day a serious uplift... I was all bummed yesterday about my fat. Dh reminded me I just had a baby not quite 4 weeks ago, but still for some reason I expect myself to be thin. I've tried not eating when I'm hungry, but then I just get too dizzy to carry the baby and that is dangerous. I've been doing some crunches but still at 4 weeks I haven't quit bleeding, so I don't want to overdo it. Sigh. I shouldn't be hard on myself, none of us should, but you just really put it in perspective for me and I wanted to say thanks!

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

#16 of 34 Old 07-20-2006, 05:31 PM

Okay, I'm not trying to lose any of the weight (for obvious reasons) just to stay healthier this pregnancy and get out more. Not too hard with DD and no job to go to and a desk to sit at all day!

The "skinniest" I've ever been was my senior year of high school (4 yrs ago) when I was a size 10 and 175#. I'm 5'5". My childhood doc told me my blood was lead, because he couldn't figure out how I weighed so much but was in shape. Weird.

Then, I met my DH and things went downhill as I got more comfortable being home and more sedentary than I had been while single.

When I got pregnant with DD I was 224#. When I delivered at 30wks I was 237#. I'm now about 235# and 9wks pg.

I would LOVE to get back down to the 175#ish me, and that's my goal before next summer...to at least be on my way there. I figure baby's due in February, which gives me 5 months before I go to our family reunion at the end of July. Hopefully I'll have something to show for having two kids under a year old!

Here's a pic of me at my smallest, and another of me about 6wks pp with DD
(also about 2wks pg!)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/samanth...n/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/samanth...n/photostream/

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#17 of 34 Old 07-20-2006, 07:38 PM

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

my weight a few days before Ryker was 160lbs* i gained 36lbs*, on 7/6 at my 5wk pp check i was 133lbs. As of Today 7/20 i'm 129. my pre-pg weight is 124/125.

With Alexandria i only gained 23lbs and was back at pre-pg by 6wks pp.Oh and after having her at 6months PP i got down to 110 *yuck* i think it was due to nursing since i was eating lots and not tryint to loose wieght.

eddited to add i could almost care less if i fit back into a size 7. also i'm like 5'6

Kami~38
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DH~41,Alex~17,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ryker~14
Harlan~9

4/05,7/05,11/10
#18 of 34 Old 07-20-2006, 10:30 PM

I am 5'5" 125 non-pg, and it took me 3 months to lose the 40 lbs. I gained with ds#1. I gained 40 lbs. again this time (165) and I am 136 today. So, I still have a bit of a ways to go, but I just try to not eat too much and eat healthy food. I would like to exercise PP this time.. I have some Windsor Pilates dvd's gathering dust. I figure with two kiddos I will never see the inside of a gym again.

Hey Dustys, I love Belmont Shores! I remember this restaurant called Phuket Thai, and we used to call it "F$#@ It" Thai. There was also a really good Indian restaurant a few doors down. And what's the name of the place on the water where you can sit outside that was sort of a 50's diner-style breakfast place? I have forgotten, but I used to go there a lot too.
#19 of 34 Old 07-20-2006, 10:45 PM

210 4weeks ago, 172 today. 20-25 to go....:
#20 of 34 Old 07-20-2006, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia
And at least I don't have eyes in the back of my head to be able to see the reality of what my ass looks like. Sigh.
I second this!
#21 of 34 Old 07-21-2006, 02:07 AM

I was really scared that weight loss would be difficult for me this time around because it's was so easy last time (I've got bad luck...).

I'm 5'3" tall and I was 95 pounds when I got married 4 years ago. I immediately put on almost 40lbs after getting married for no apparent reason at all.

When I got pregnant with DS1 I was 135 pounds. I gained 23lbs and he was 10lbs8oz of it! I had lost all the weight at less than 1 week pp. I continued to lose weight and I actually got down to 115lbs at about 10 months pp. I felt GREAT. I felt healthy at that weight. Then DS cut back on nursing and it started to pile back on.

Fast forward to getting pregnant with DS2 and I was again back at 135lbs. I gained 17lbs this time and Judah was 9lbs. By two weeks post partum I had lost 27 pounds... 10 pounds more than I gained. My hips snapped back much quicker this time too and I'm able to put my old pants on which I couldn't do for about 8 months last time.

This time I have a plan. I'm going to try and change my lifestyle while I'm still losing so I don't gain it back later. I would like to be 115 again.

Now... all that said... I might have lost all the weight, but by NO means does my body look like it used to. My bellybutton will NEVER go back in without some sort of surgery. My belly is a total bowl of jelly with saggy skin and stretchmarks everywhere. I have no clue what to do about all that
#22 of 34 Old 07-21-2006, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhagen
Now... all that said... I might have lost all the weight, but by NO means does my body look like it used to. My bellybutton will NEVER go back in without some sort of surgery. My belly is a total bowl of jelly with saggy skin and stretchmarks everywhere. I have no clue what to do about all that

Look here: http://shapeofamother.blogspot.com

and yourself!!

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

#23 of 34 Old 07-21-2006, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyL
I am 5'5" 125 non-pg, and it took me 3 months to lose the 40 lbs. I gained with ds#1. I gained 40 lbs. again this time (165) and I am 136 today. So, I still have a bit of a ways to go, but I just try to not eat too much and eat healthy food. I would like to exercise PP this time.. I have some Windsor Pilates dvd's gathering dust. I figure with two kiddos I will never see the inside of a gym again.

Hey Dustys, I love Belmont Shores! I remember this restaurant called Phuket Thai, and we used to call it "F$#@ It" Thai. There was also a really good Indian restaurant a few doors down. And what's the name of the place on the water where you can sit outside that was sort of a 50's diner-style breakfast place? I have forgotten, but I used to go there a lot too.
nak

i used to live just 5 blocks or so from belmont shores!!! i really miss all the shopping and resteraunts sometimes. nothing really similar to that here in ms i remember phucket thai, can't remember the italian restaurant though. do you remember the crepes resteraunt? the best one was banana and nutella crepes!!!! yummy! what i wouldn't give for one right now!
#24 of 34 Old 07-22-2006, 03:31 AM

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyL

We used to live in Belmont Shores til Alexandria was 16months old then we moved near Cerritos. Do you mean The Belmont Shore Cafe?

Kami~38
DH~41,Alex~17,
Ryker~14
Harlan~9

4/05,7/05,11/10
#25 of 34 Old 07-24-2006, 02:00 AM

I want to loose the weight, hell I wanted to loose the weight before I got pregnant! I started out at about 175 and went to 213 right before I had ds, I last weighed myself (on the luggage scales at the airport that DH works at) and i was 203 that was at week 4 pp. I really want to loose the flabby belly. DH wants to get preggers again in about ayear so I have a goal to reach. I am going to make him get us a gym membership for the frozen hell of a winter we have here in Alaska...we will need something to do. We eat okay but I have been having a bad sweet craving for the last week its driving me crazy.
#26 of 34 Old 07-24-2006, 07:24 PM

I was 98lbs pre-preggo with #1. Gained 30lbs. Was 92lbs at 11mo post-partum.

Was about 98lbs pre-preggo with #2. Gained 45lbs. Took two years and a marathon to lose the weight.

Was about 100lbs pre-preggo with #3. Gained 48lbs. Haven't hit the scales, but I am guessing I am about 120-125 at 4wks post-partum.

I'm not too upset about my looks at this point, but I wonder if my hips will EVER go back to the size they were??? Used to be a size 0 (I am only 4'9"), and right now I am sitting here typing in size 8 jeans. It is freaking expensive to own so many different sizes of clothing.

Also, with a hyrneated disk and terrible post-partum sciatica, I am not real active right now. And I just ate a chocolate chip cookie, a Kit Kat bar, and a handful of Goldfish. Real healthy

Mom to : DS1 (11), DS2 (8), DD3 (4), : DS4 (1), and : : :
#27 of 34 Old 07-24-2006, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cymbeline
I'm not too upset about my looks at this point, but I wonder if my hips will EVER go back to the size they were??? Used to be a size 0 (I am only 4'9"), and right now I am sitting here typing in size 8 jeans. It is freaking expensive to own so many different sizes of clothing.
ITA! I have everything from 0-8 as well... driving me crazy. If only only wore one size in clothes, I would have a much nicer wardrobe. I've got a pair of jeans in sizes 0,1,2,4,6,and 8. I was wearing the 8's, but my hips are shrinking faster this time and I'm back down into the 4's. 2s are a little too tight and 6's are a little too loose. Last time, I started out in 8's pp and ended up back in the 0-1s at about 10months. It just took a lot longer for my hips to shrink.
#28 of 34 Old 07-25-2006, 01:47 AM

I would give my left foot to be a size 8,hell I'd thow in the right arm too if i could fit into my size tens comftably . I'm 5ft4 150# 3 wks pp and pretty sure i started at 145ish and not quite sure why my pants dont fit Ive been wolking around with them un done or wearing my bella band,: : ,looks like a couple more wks of prego cloths for me!: Darn those oreo and pb ,sooo good! yummy. off to eat a salad,yah right!!

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
#29 of 34 Old 07-25-2006, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmama
I would give my left foot to be a size 8,hell I'd thow in the right arm too if i could fit into my size tens comftably . I'm 5ft4 150# 3 wks pp and pretty sure i started at 145ish and not quite sure why my pants dont fit Ive been wolking around with them un done or wearing my bella band,: : ,looks like a couple more wks of prego cloths for me!: Darn those oreo and pb ,sooo good! yummy. off to eat a salad,yah right!!
This is what is sooo annoying about sizes... I'm 5'3" and (pre-preg) 135lbs, but wear a size 2 or 4. You're not really any bigger than me. I think it all comes down to bone structure or something. I know so many people who are the same height and weight as I am, but wear 4 or 5 sizes bigger than me. Sizes are deceiving!
#30 of 34 Old 07-25-2006, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhagen
I know so many people who are the same height and weight as I am, but wear 4 or 5 sizes bigger than me. Sizes are deceiving!
: I wish women would just get over themselves and go to sizing using actual measurements in inches, like mens' pants, instead of ambiguous numbers, which are never consistent from manufacturer to manufacturer and clothing item to clothing item. Sometimes I can wear a size 10 dress, but I need a 16 in pants. :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page