*sob* i'm an awful parent to dd because ds is an awful terror. - Mothering Forums

#1 of 10 Old 07-24-2009, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nm

CPST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 07-24-2009, 07:39 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Big hugs! I'm so sorry!
#3 of 10 Old 07-24-2009, 07:39 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)

How old are your children? It's hard to give advice without knowing a little more background.

Ruth, single mommy to 3 quasi-adults

#4 of 10 Old 07-24-2009, 07:44 PM

I'm sorry. I read the title of this thread and felt I could have posted it many years ago when my kids were young, although they are not better now. It was horrible what my daughter endured from her younger brother but there was little I could do... he had lots of mental health issues and still does. We took them both to therapy and sought lots of help but I felt like the worst parent there was on earth.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know you're not alone.. even though you deleted your post.

(Hugs)
#5 of 10 Old 07-24-2009, 07:50 PM

Just sending you some thoughts and hugs. My DS has some special needs that sometimes make him difficult to live with, and my DD has borne a lot of the ugliness with him.

Stacy-- Wife to my DH, mom to three: noodle girl:, Lego boy , little guy :
#6 of 10 Old 07-24-2009, 08:12 PM

s

If you ever need to get out for an afternoon playdate because the kids are driving you batty at home, shoot me an email! I'm usually available.

Live and love with your whole being.
#7 of 10 Old 07-25-2009, 02:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I feel the same way!! Shes older, but she is often at his mercy, he hits, kicks, bites, scratches, chokes, yells etc. and she is afraid of him!!

I try so hard to protect her and deal with his issues without making him into the "bad kid", a self fullfilling prophecy, kwim?

And its hard most days, today alone he threw his brothers ice cream cone into the still full bathtub, painted himself with white paint, flooded the kitchen sink, covered his brothers big spiderman car in diaper rash ointment, purposely dumped his tea onto the table and played in it, sat on his sisters chest and pounded on her, kicked the trains off the track just cuz his little brother was playing with them, ripped pages out of the book dd was reading for no apparent reason, kicked the dog for no reason, climbed up a bookshelf, I could go on.....

he is a tasmania devil on uppers, I swear!! But he is truly crushed when he realizes somone is mad at him, hurt or that he is in trouble! spirited? ADD? High needs? all of the above and then some?

Unfortunately he is a sensory seeker and she is an avoider so when he gets two inches from her faces and screams as loud as he can, to him, he's initiating play cuz he likes her, to her, hes tourturing her!!! Sigh.

So, you are not alone!

~Me, mama to  hollering boy (1991), photo girl (1997), Fan boy (2003), jungle boy (2005), gamer boy (2007) and twirly girl (2011). Twenty five years of tree hugging, breastfeeding, cosleeping, unschooling, craziness!
#8 of 10 Old 07-25-2009, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglyn View Post
I feel the same way!! Shes older, but she is often at his mercy, he hits, kicks, bites, scratches, chokes, yells etc. and she is afraid of him!!

I try so hard to protect her and deal with his issues without making him into the "bad kid", a self fullfilling prophecy, kwim?

And its hard most days, today alone he threw his brothers ice cream cone into the still full bathtub, painted himself with white paint, flooded the kitchen sink, covered his brothers big spiderman car in diaper rash ointment, purposely dumped his tea onto the table and played in it, sat on his sisters chest and pounded on her, kicked the trains off the track just cuz his little brother was playing with them, ripped pages out of the book dd was reading for no apparent reason, kicked the dog for no reason, climbed up a bookshelf, I could go on.....

Unfortunately he is a sensory seeker and she is an avoider so when he gets two inches from her faces and screams as loud as he can, to him, he's initiating play cuz he likes her, to her, hes tourturing her!!! Sigh.

So, you are not alone!

Mine too. you are soo not alone. Hugs!!!!
#9 of 10 Old 07-25-2009, 01:46 PM

And isn't MDC great? All you have to do is post a subject and we are here to help and support you! I hope you are reading the replies because a lot of people here have BTDT and are great at commiserating.

Angela , wife to DH (Oct 1999), mother to DD (Oct 2008)
#10 of 10 Old 07-25-2009, 06:09 PM

No. You're teaching her tolerance and humility, which might not be what you WANTED her to learn, but it's better than nothing.

More hugs. I have one that dominates (for want of a better word), and it's hard sometimes.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page