Help! I'm pregnant and I can't WAKE UP! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 13 Old 04-24-2006, 02:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is beyond ridiculous....I NEVER experienced this the first three times around....I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ridiculously TIRED that I can barely make it through a day. On the weekends when my older kiddos are home from school I don't get to lay down and rest and I think there was about 100 times this weekend I thought I was going to die. Literally. Im so tired I just want to sleep...and if I cant sleep Im so tired I just want to cry. IS this normal? Ok well I know it is but is there ANYTHING I can do to combat it? Im a work at home mom and our family totally depends on my income and I am getting so behind now that I'm totally overwhelmed. Im already going to bed earlier....but it doesnt matter....after about 2 hours of being awake Im doomed because the fatigue sets in? Pleeeeeease tell me this wont last forever....I want my life back. Is there anything I can do? (besides whine to you all about it?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 04-24-2006, 09:27 AM
pjs

I'm feeling exhausted too! I wake up from an 8 hour night of sleep feeling like I need to go to bed! It won't last forever, just a few more weeks, then you'll feel like you can run a marathon, well, probably not a marathon, but you'll be able to be awake for the day without thinking about sleeping constantly. Hang in there- growing a baby is exhausting work!
#3 of 13 Old 04-24-2006, 01:41 PM

Girl I feel you. I've found once I get up in the morning and get going, I'm pretty good until after lunch. Then all I want to do is sleep sleep sleep.
My family keeps saying things like: just go for a walk, you will feel better. Tried it, still want to sleep afterwards. On the days I work, I find myself nodding off even during the busy days (I'm a nurse). It's like, I get a second to sit and snooze!
I know this doesn't help, but I thought you might like to know you're not alone!

#4 of 13 Old 04-24-2006, 01:46 PM

I'm right there with you! I used to do great on 7 hours a night - now I need 9 or 10, and I still wake up groggy, and am falling asleep a few hours later. I work from home one day a week, too, and for the first time ever, I've found myself falling asleep at my computer. It is ridiculous! Hopefully this won't last too much longer for us!
#5 of 13 Old 04-24-2006, 07:15 PM

oh, yes, BTDT! It is like narcolepsy, huh? Just. can't. keep. eyes. open.

Should only last until 2nd trimester, so hang in there! Your body is working hard!
#6 of 13 Old 04-24-2006, 07:18 PM

are you deficient in magnesium??? it can lead to being very tired. also muscle twitches, leg cramps, restless leg syndrome and more....
#7 of 13 Old 04-24-2006, 08:02 PM

Leighanne, I don't know if you have been over the the LPL board today, but I was just complaining about this very thing! I'm so freaking tired that by lunch I want a nap and by 3pm I'm tempted to go to bed. This morning I couldn't wake myself up and my husband ended up staying home for a little while so I could rest. I slept until 11am yesterday!!!! It's so ridiculous and I totally understand what you mean.....it's cutting in to how much I can get accomplished!!! Even when I'm not falling asleep or thinking about falling asleep being so exhausted makes my concentration suck and so I get very little done. Anyway, I have no good ideas for you, except get the rest you can and it WILL go away in a few more weeks....I had this with my dd too.
#8 of 13 Old 04-25-2006, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attached Mama
are you deficient in magnesium??? it can lead to being very tired. also muscle twitches, leg cramps, restless leg syndrome and more....

I never knew being deficient in magnesium could cause that.... I totally suffer from restless leg syndrome already.... my last pregnancy it didn't hit me until my last trimester, but I am already suffering with it with this pregnancy and it keeps me up at night. I'm also exhausted even after sleeping for hours. I feel like a zombie!
#9 of 13 Old 04-25-2006, 01:36 PM

I am sooooooooo tired also....don't remember feeling like this with #2 (with #1, yes, but I was working 50hrs a week out of the house, so that made sense).

It makes me cry, that's how tired I am. You know, all weepy and sucky!

6 more weeks till the second trimester....
#10 of 13 Old 04-25-2006, 03:10 PM

Add me to the list - so tired I just want to cry

Canadian mom to Boo (Aug '02), Bug (Aug '04) and Bear (Dec '06).
Jesse (July '09)
#11 of 13 Old 04-25-2006, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

I dont know how much longer I can live like this....its not even living...each minute Im praying for bed time....I have orders just stacking up waiting and there is no possible way I can get anything done....and my poor kids must think I have become the worlds laziest mom bc I just can't MOVE. Its an overwhelming feeling and it truly does make me want to cry because I am *THAT* tired that unless I am sleeping, Im just miserable. I could be deficient....I never thought of that. For some reason, I remember taking extra iron the last time so maybe I need to look into that again......Im glad to know (well not GLAD but...relieved) that Im not alone!
#12 of 13 Old 04-25-2006, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizaBear
Add me to the list - so tired I just want to cry
ditto

Kristen, happy wife to Jeremy; Mama to dd (2/04) and ds (8/07) and two miscarried babies (9/05 & 5/06). And beginning to believe a baby may really be coming this summer.
#13 of 13 Old 10-18-2018, 02:47 AM

Oh Lord ladies... I am struggling I can't even get to work on time I just can't get up at all, I want to hug my bed all day long then when I am up come Afternoon I am litreally falling asleep. I am 9 weeks and i am hoping this does not continue. I can't do anything i look a state. Then the aches and pains oh Golly in my back legs boobs😩.When will the good bit come.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page