Almost 7 still having accidents - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 01-24-2010, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I posted this in another group and I thought I should post it here as well hoping someone here might be able to help.

Good evening, I am hoping someone could offer me some advice or encouragement and tell me this is still "normal". My daughter will be 7 in April and she is yet to be completely potty trained. She was stubborn and never really got the concept till she was 3 and a half and ever since then we are still having "accidents" (thats what she calls them) at least twice a week. I have to constantly remind her to go to the bathroom and will go if I remind her but wont take the initiative to go on her own. Its not like she gets too engrossed in what she is doing, it could happen anytime weather it be watching TV or out shopping or riding her bike....anything. I have to make sure she has a change of clothes at school otherwise I have to come up there with a change. I just dont know what else to do. I have taken her to her dr and had her tested and there is nothing wrong as far as she can see. She knows she has to go but just doesnt want to take the time to go. I try so hard not to get upset over it but I feel she is a bit too old to still be wetting her pants. I wont even get into how much extra laundry I am doing because of it and on top of that, I have to spray everything she sits on with febreeze and that still doesnt completely take the smell out. I am hoping someone can tell me I am not alone and what else I can do to get her to stop. I just cant have her pee on everything anymore and I would like to have one week where I am not washing clothes every other day! Thank you everyone and I am looking forward to hearing back from some of you soon.

Becca
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 01-24-2010, 01:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is x-posted in The Childhood Years in this thread:
https://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1187331

Please go to the CY to leave responses. Thanks!

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page