• 1 Post By Turquesa
  • 1 Post By head4thehills
  • 1 Post By Turquesa

#1 of 16 Old 05-13-2015, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Yell at this thread so you don't lose it IRL

Remember when there was a thread to this effect back in the day? It was really handy, so I'm starting another one. Vent away!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 05-24-2015, 12:27 PM

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Ooh yay! I don't have anything to really vent about right now, but I'm sure I will soon enough...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
#3 of 16 Old 05-30-2015, 06:19 AM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Wow, surprised there were no takers!! My goal is to build a brick wall in the back yard and then pick up cheap plates at the Salvation Army to throw at it.

My vent is that May is too busy--there is "too much special and not enough ordinary!" School plays, school concerts, awards nights, PTO barbecues, everyone has to get their thing in! Then dance recitals, cupcakes for the class, aaaargh. It's all great, I'm sure I will MISS it all someday but it can be intense. Add to that just about everyone's birthday and our anniversary are in May!!

Here from the very beginning of Mothering online forums. Proud to say gentle parenting works; the kids are grown or nearly so.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

User Agreement--

#4 of 16 Old 05-30-2015, 02:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
To my 19 year old son that still lives at home...

"Arg! Call or text me by midnight so I don't have to lose sleep thinking you are in the hospital somewhere. I don't mind that you are staying over somewhere else just don't make me imagine you are dead at 3 a.m. !*&#@!"
lauren and blessedwithboys like this.
#5 of 16 Old 05-30-2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philomom View Post
To my 19 year old son that still lives at home...

"Arg! Call or text me by midnight so I don't have to lose sleep thinking you are in the hospital somewhere. I don't mind that you are staying over somewhere else just don't make me imagine you are dead at 3 a.m. !*&#@!"
YES!!! I have a 20 yr old son. Same deal.

Here from the very beginning of Mothering online forums. Proud to say gentle parenting works; the kids are grown or nearly so.

User Agreement--
#6 of 16 Old 05-31-2015, 03:15 PM

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
YOU ARE NOT TOO TIRED TO EAT. THIS IS THE EXACT SAME FOOD YOU ATE YESTERDAY. THE WHOLE THING ISNT RUINED BECAUSE ONE TINY PIECE BROKE OFF. NO I WONT FEED YOU YOU ARE NOT A BABY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blessedwithboys and oaksie68 like this.

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
#7 of 16 Old 05-31-2015, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

I am SO SICK OF POOP!!!!! You are five years old! Why do I have to deal with poopy underpants 4 times a day??????? It is gross and stinky and I don't like it!!!!
#8 of 16 Old 06-05-2015, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
If I had internet at home, I'd be living in this thread... so maybe it's a good thing I don't. Nothing like stepping out of the house to get my sanity back.
Some of the things I'd be yelling here if I'd found this thread sooner:

Would someone tell me exactly how a slow cooker is supposed to make cooking easier? I've just spent all morning prepping tonight's meal, have just as many dirty dishes, AND I didn't get any of my usual morning work done. And I have a sneaking suspicion that this meal is gonna suck.

Why should I just drive the car until it breaks? Why shouldn't I take it to the mechanic before the engine seizes in the middle of a busy intersection with our precious children in the back? No, I am not just panicking over nothing. And if they overcharge me because I am a woman, they know they will have you to deal with. So what's the problem?

Why can't the house stay clean for five minutes? Do I really have to spend all day, every day, chasing messes? Why, when I am cleaning up one mess, is an even bigger mess being created right behind me?

I'm going to stop here. You get the picture. I feel better now.

Edit: Just had the thought that my rants were hardly GD oriented. Sorry if they don't belong in this forum!

Last edited by head4thehills; 06-05-2015 at 03:13 PM.
#9 of 16 Old 06-07-2015, 06:04 AM

Why won't the laundry fold itself? I don't mind sorting it, washing it, even moving it to the dryer! But folding. Blech.
Dawn's mom likes this.

User Agreement--
#10 of 16 Old 06-07-2015, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter

Amen.
#11 of 16 Old 06-07-2015, 08:24 AM

Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Quoted: 2107 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by head4thehills View Post

Would someone tell me exactly how a slow cooker is supposed to make cooking easier? I've just spent all morning prepping tonight's meal, have just as many dirty dishes, AND I didn't get any of my usual morning work done. And I have a sneaking suspicion that this meal is gonna suck.
I saw the best meme about this. It said something like: "The great thing about using a slow-cooker is that I get to hear from my kids about how much they hate dinner at 8:00am instead of 6:00pm."
Yup. Then I get reminded about it all day. "Mooooooom! Can we PUUUULLLEEEEEEEASE order pizza????"

OK, now I have to go off on my picky eating tangent.

"I don't want white cheese on my sandwich. I only eat orange cheese."

"Orange cheese is just white cheese with coloring in it. They taste exactly the same!!"

"But I like the orange cheese better!"

head4thehills likes this.

I'm the crunchy mom Dr. Amy warned you about.
#teamvaxchoice

RIP old MDC. We miss you!
#12 of 16 Old 06-07-2015, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turquesa View Post
I saw the best meme about this. It said something like: "The great thing about using a slow-cooker is that I get to hear from my kids about how much they hate dinner at 8:00am instead of 6:00pm."
Yup. Then I get reminded about it all day. "Mooooooom! Can we PUUUULLLEEEEEEEASE order pizza????"

OK, now I have to go off on my picky eating tangent.

"I don't want white cheese on my sandwich. I only eat orange cheese."

"Orange cheese is just white cheese with coloring in it. They taste exactly the same!!"

"But I like the orange cheese better!"

I haven't used the slow cooker since that day. In fact, I don't know where I put it.
Turquesa likes this.
#13 of 16 Old 06-18-2015, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

Dude, how can a 4 year old child be so mean-spirited and conniving? Be nice to my kid, you little turd!!!!!
#14 of 16 Old 06-19-2015, 01:59 PM

Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Quoted: 2107 Post(s)
Putting your toys away is reeeeeeaaallly easy! It's just the reverse motion of getting them out. Simple physics, child. It makes no sense when you remove them with ease and then feign enslavement by the Oppressor when it's time to put them back
pumabearclan likes this.

I'm the crunchy mom Dr. Amy warned you about.
#teamvaxchoice

RIP old MDC. We miss you!
#15 of 16 Old 07-09-2015, 12:14 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Oh yeah, thanks DH for cleaning up the back yard, no worries that you threw out Little's Ripstick, or dd's Adidas bag,
Maybe I'll go clean the basement now......

Edited to add
Nope don't feel better
Anna

Anna, mom to 4 great kids, homeschooling in Toronto.
#16 of 16 Old 07-12-2015, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Very handy indeed!

STOP THROWING OUT THE UTENSILS I PACK IN YOUR LUNCHES. DO YOU THINK WE HAVE A UNTENSIL TREE IN THE COURTYARD? DO YOU THINK WE HAVE ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD TO KEEP REPLACING THEM?

Why can't you just control your emotions or talk to an adult immediately before you start cutting yourself. It is so tempting to ground you for a week every time you do that. Do I really need to start hiding all the sharp implements in the house? Doesn't it suck that you have to wear long shirts when we go to relatives even on the hottest days. I really don't want to have to explain this to your over-reacting, blaming, raging grandma.

WHY COULDN'T MY MOM PUSH ME TO FINISH ANYTHING? She couldn't even control her anger when helping me with homework or leave me to do it alone. WHY DOES SHE CARE SO MUCH ABOUT APPEARANCES?

I know your sick. But for all the love in the world STOP COUGHING ALL NIGHT. I need sleeeeeeee........

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page