"Mine" and lots of pushing - Mothering Forums

#1 of 1 Old 10-12-2004, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, how do I handle this? DD is 20 months old, and I know that this is a developmental stage, but dd does both of these to the extreme! Everything, and I mean everything is "MINE". How should I react when she does this, about 100 times in as many minutes? Also, I can't go anywhere without dd making a B-line for another child and pushing them. At school they seem to have a handle on it with her, and she still tries to push a lot, but when asked if she wants to hug the other child or give nice touches, she usually will. With me, her eyes get huge and she seems very determined to keep pushing. She'll even turn her head away from the child and bump them with her shoulder as she walks by them.

Should I ignore the "mine" statement. It didn't use to be so frequent so if it was her toothbrush or toy I would say yes that's yours, but if another child was around, I'd say it's yours but we can share. When at other childrens houses, she'll insist everything is hers, and I say no it's so and so's, but they're letting us play with them. Is there a better approach?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page