So nervous - any input appreciated! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 11 Old 05-05-2006, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,

I'm so glad I found this board! I hope that I will be able to get to know you all over the coming months. And congratulations to all of you!

Unfortunately, I can't yet be excited about being pregnant...according to babycenter.com, my due date is Jan. 4, 2007, and I am about 5 weeks pregnant. However, I don't really believe it yet (even after 2 positive HPT's) because I don't feel pregnant AT ALL!

I was pregnant last year which ended in a miscarriage at 12 weeks. With that pregnancy, at 5 weeks when I found out, I had sore boobs, frequent urination, a bit of nausea, and more than anything, major fatigue. Now, I have none of that. I mean zippo. In fact, I've been sleeping less than usual and feel great. I had a bit of heartburn 5 days ago, which prompted me to take the HPT in the first place. But now, even that is gone.

I'm so, so scared that this pregnancy has stopped. I have had no bleeding, and no real cramping (just a bit of discomfort that feels like indigestion), but that doesn't really reassure me because I never bled with my m/c last year either (had to have a D&C). My doctor isn't going to see me until 9 weeks, so I begged her to order a blood test so that I could confirm I'm actually pregnant and see if it is progressing. I'm going back for the second test later today, but then I have to wait all weekend to find out.

Has anyone else experienced such a drastic change between pregnancies and/or a total lack of symptoms? I want so much for this to work out.

Thanks in advance!
Christina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 05-06-2006, 12:05 AM

Hi Christina,
Welcome..first things first.. calm down girl.. its ok to be nervous.. from what I hear its very rare to get a false positive. also if it makes you feel better I was over 7 weeks pregnant when I found out last time.. I felt great.. my big epiphany was that I felt faint during my kickboxing class.. and my Boobs hurt a little bit. but with this one..I feel and notice every little thing...I actually got nauseous at a playgroup because someone was mixing crepe batter and the smell was overwhelming to me.. this was only 9 days after I ovulated...I have had mood swings and morning sickness so far and cramping and tenderness.. so yeah I think it could be that different.. so relax..whatever will be will be.. and btw nice to meetcha.

Jaime
#3 of 11 Old 05-06-2006, 12:10 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your thoughts, Jaime! Nice to meet you, too!

Christina

#4 of 11 Old 05-06-2006, 12:41 AM

Hi Christina-
I also did not find out about my first pregnancy until I was 12 weeks! I felt great, maybe a little tired, but that was it. Now with this new pregnancy I am completly exhausted, crampy, have heartburn and I have trouble sleepng already! Both were very different- and I can tell already at 5 weeks.
Try to relax this weekend.
#5 of 11 Old 05-06-2006, 02:50 PM

With my first prengnancy I had very little symptoms too!!
#6 of 11 Old 05-08-2006, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for your replies...they helped keep me sane the last couple of days!

I just got the good news from my OB that my hcg is doubling, although it's low, so I'm probably just not as far along as I thought.

I look forward to getting to know y'all!

~Christina
EDD#1 1.9.07
#7 of 11 Old 05-12-2006, 01:56 PM

Hi Christina!
Chiming in late...
I had so few symptoms with my first baby that I did not find out until I was 15 weeks along (also had very unusual cycles so missing months of periods was not rare).
Kind of hoping that this one will be the same! But I'm already feeling green!

Love to you,
Mel
#8 of 11 Old 05-12-2006, 02:58 PM

I saw this on the new posts, so I'm jumping (butting?) in from November.

While I never suffered a miscarriage (I'm sorry for the loss of your babe), my first pregnancy and this current one are SOOOO different! I was sick, sick, sick with my son - from week 5 to week 36. I have had NO symptoms (other than being cold) with this pregnancy at all. I'm a no-tests pregger, but at my 13 weeks appointment I told my doctor that if she couldn't find a heartbeat, I wanted an ultrasound. Thankfully, she found one right away.

It's so easy to be scared when it's too early to see a belly growing or feel movement. But it may just be that you've been blessed with an easier pregnancy this time. I hope all is well - try not to stress, as there's nothing you can do to change things right now. All the best.
#9 of 11 Old 05-12-2006, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much for all of your support! It has really helped a lot since I've been so worried about having another m/c, and, like Thalia, have been having crazy mood swings (mostly going from optimistic to pessimistic and back again, and driving DH crazy in the process!). I even woke up in the middle of the night a few days ago and apparently screamed out (while still asleep) "I'm not pregnant anymore!"...good times.

So far, so good...I would be a bit happier, tho, if my breasts would just get sore already and I puked at least once!

I think I'm not as far along as I thought...just found a great website (http://www.intmed.mcw.edu/clincalc/pregnancy.html) where you can calculate weeks, due date, etc., forward or backward, and by putting in my "adjusted" LMP (i.e., 14 days before I think I probably ovulated), it turns out I'm only 5 1/2 weeks now, rather than the 6 1/2 or 7 that I thought I was, so I feel a bit better about things.

Thanks again for everyone's responses!
#10 of 11 Old 05-16-2006, 12:12 AM

I am due right about the same time that you are and I don't really have any symptoms either. When I was preggers with ds, I was sick before I even knew I was pregnant. I had no energy and migraines. So far though, I feel great, just a little more tired and hungry than usual. I am sure everything will go wonderfully for you
#11 of 11 Old 05-16-2006, 08:08 AM

mine was the opposite...I had NO symptoms with the first, and then this one blech...It happens...all pregnancies are unique and different.

Are you doing the blood draw at two times to see if the hcG is increasing? I think you do what you have to do to help yourself. I just read your last post and I'm glad to hear you are feeling better

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page