had a fibroid (breast) before getting pregnant.. - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 07-10-2006, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've had a fibroid on my right breast for a while, but it comes and goes. I was surprised to still feel it after getting pregnant though. Has anyone else experienced this? I am taking vitamin E and evening of primrose. The main thing is that it hurts. It seems to really flare up whenever I become stressed out.

Before I knew that I was pregnant (this was shortly after conception), I had a large dose of chocolate in one day. I had chocolate pie and a chocolate shake (non-dairy, made with almond milk). The chocolate that was used was raw organic cocao and it was very, very strong. I regretted it shortly afterward, because the fibroid started to pulsate in protest :

Anyways.. just wondered if anyone has had a similar experience. My mom used to have fibroids that would be very stubborn and not want to go away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 07-10-2006, 10:56 PM

A month before I got pregnant I was at the doc checking out a huge lump in my breast, He said probably fibroid cystic disease. It is still there, I'm wondering if it will get larger with my increasng bust size and especially with lactating. I can remember how swollen my breast were when my milk came in last pregnancy. That is what my left breast is like right now. I can only imagine what it will be like. I don't think about it much and can't make the connection with anything outside myself like you can. I plan on remedying it naturally soon.
Sounds like your body knows what it wants and doesn't want. That is good just listen to it and steer clear of stressors( including chocolate )
#3 of 7 Old 07-10-2006, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter

mammamoon ---

I definitely do not eat chocolate anymore. I stopped immediately after realizing the affect it had, and now I have another reason to not eat it during pregnancy because of the caffeine.

Does your fibroid tend to hurt? I've read that some women complain of pain and others are completely pain-free. I guess everyone is different.

What type of natural remedies are you going to use? I would like any info besides what I am doing now (vitamin E and evening primrose).

#4 of 7 Old 07-11-2006, 12:13 AM

Mine really bothered me before my first pg. I am not sure if they ever did between my other pgs but now that I have been pg then nursing and now pg again still nursing, they don't bother me a bit. Hmmm...

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
#5 of 7 Old 07-11-2006, 11:12 AM

I also have experience with this. I have a fybroid cyst in my breast that was confirmed as such via ultrasound a few months before I got pregnant. After my period, it would always disappear until ovulation time.

It hasn't left since I got pregnant and hurt for the first few months. It no longer does, but it's still there, still the same size. I brought it up with my doctor who said that's very normal. The increase in estrogen in my body will keep it there for a good while. Most likely the rest of my pregnancy and perhaps even until I get my period back postpartum (usually around five months for me). I'm just glad it doesn't hurt anymore. Although I wouldn't be surprised if that came back, too!

I still check it about once every couple of weeks to see if there's any change. Even though I know it's a cyst, I like to be careful
#6 of 7 Old 07-12-2006, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your comments!

I've read that the herb red clover is used to treat fibroid cysts. Does anyone know if that herb is safe for pregnancy? I've researched it on the Internet and found that alternative medicines sites say that it is safe but then I found one web site (on western medicine) that said to avoid it. :
#7 of 7 Old 11-25-2015, 10:09 PM

I want To ask something I also have fibroid cyst in my both breast but i operate both and the gain .
can i pregnant when fibroid cyst in my breast. Please tell me

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page