CLW & Pregnancy - X-Posted in CLW Forum - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 01-22-2007, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all!
I have a 28 month old nursling & am currently 20 weeks pregnant.

I don't want to wean my daughter until SHE'S ready, and have NO problem with nursing as much or as often as she likes during the day (I still have milk at this time, and nursing is comfortable sitting up). However, at night before bed (when I am nearly sure there is no or nearly no milk left), she insists on "other side...other side... other side" until I feel like I want to pull my hair out. I'm starting to get big & switching her or myself from side to side while lying down is getting a little cumbersome... as well as my nipples are incredibly sore at first latch, and for some reason at night, nursing "dry" really makes my skin crawl. I start to feel like I just want to push her off of me, and it's a terrible feeling.

My DH says he's noticed at night I'll sigh (a frustrated sigh) sometimes when she asks to nurse & suggested that I should consider taking a night weaning path or change my attitude so she doesn't pick up on my being irritated with her. I agree with him, though he also agrees with me that she should take the lead in weaning. Which leaves changing my attitude... which I'm hoping experienced Moms here can help me with!

I have started to encourage her to cuddle, and let her know when my breasts are feeling sore, but she's having difficulty settling without nursing. She doesn't fall asleep nursing (she'll usually cuddle & talk herself to sleep after nursing), but not nursing at all just won't work for her.

Does anyone have any suggestions for helping reduce the amt of "other side" requests, or gently encouraging more cuddling, less nursing at night (she only wakes once, thankfully, and will occasionally accept cuddling instead of nursing - I don't ever say no nursing, I just suggest cuddling first, and go with her response), or ways to help myself be more comfortable with the current situation?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 01-22-2007, 08:32 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Would it help to have a snack and drink extra fluids an hour before nursing her to sleep?
Also, are you getting enough water to drink throughout the day? Your body loses it faster when pg AND nursing. That would certainly play into the dry feeling you are having.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page