CLW (tandem nursing) with a low-milk supply? (x-posted) - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 03-11-2007, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I haven't gotten much of a response on the CLW forum so I thought I'd try this here:

I'm getting a little ahead of myself since we're not planning on TTC again for atleast a year but I was just wondering if any other mamas are in this situation. I really like the idea of CLW but I have a low-milk supply and I'm worried that if DS didn't wean before or during my next pregnancy he'd be taking milk away from a newborn who needs it more than he does. Any thoughts?

Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 03-12-2007, 04:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,

I too wonder the same thing because I have low supply and have to supplement ds. Ironically I dreamt about this very thing. i think I have IGT, so one side produces next to nothing and the other side possible 1/2 ounce an hour, well that's how much i can pump. Anyway in my dream, lol--kind of funny that I would dream about this last night, well in the dream I let ds nurse from the the low producing side and the new baby from the better prducing side, which in fact, if ds does happen to still be nursing is what I would probably do because I contemplate even letting the next future baby take the right side, because it produces so little now and also if ds was to to nurse from it, it would ultimately increase my let down and supply on the left side, kwim? I know that I will always give the left side first, because with ds I did what some people say to do, to give the less producer first and more often, etc. and it will increase the supply, well the made ds get dehydrated, so now I always offer the left side first and ds will only take the right side for a minute or two, needless to say I am lop-sided

Also you could let your ds drink after your future lo to help increase the supply.

I suppose every situation would be different though. I have to supp ds with about 18 ounces of formula a day, some people more, some less. Also take in mind that your ds could self wean when you are pg.

Anywho--just wanted to say our ds's are a week apart!

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page