Tandem nursing with food restrictions...food intake question? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 01-10-2008, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How much should I be eating when nursing a 3 month old and a 2.5 y.o. (now nursing 3-5 times a day)?

I currently shoot for 6-8 servings grain/breads, 3-4 servings veggies, 2-3 servings fruit, 3 servings protein. I don't limit fats but I try to limit sweets.....ha.

I've been eating a LOT of protein lately 4-6 servings as I am hungry and I am having SUPER slow healing issues WRT my 2nd degree tear from birth...I know 3 months out.

I cannot eat gluten, dairy or soy due to my nurslings food intolerances.

Thanks.

Liz

Wife, and mother to a small fairy, a demolition expert, a special new someone this fall and a small dachshund.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 01-11-2008, 04:24 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Consider even more fat, maybe deliberately making fatty snacks. Or maybe something as simple as a couple good multivitamins, in case it's a mineral deficiency (zinc, maybe, or iron?). Childbearing is hard on both, and I think being low on either would cause healing issues. I think if I were nursing 2 kids, I'd probably take 2 prenatals.

Just guesses, hth.
#3 of 3 Old 01-16-2008, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I broke down and called the nutritionist. She said 2000 calories a day for tandeming and give her a few days to come up with some menu ideas other than what I'm currently doing with my limited diet (almost no gluten, no dairy/soy/pb).

I am going to try and find a better prenatal because I've noticed some bruising on my legs (where the heck did those come from) in addition to the slow healing.

I was taking a chelated iron supplement in addition to my regular prenatal during pregnancy as my iron was barely low.

Thanks.

Liz

Wife, and mother to a small fairy, a demolition expert, a special new someone this fall and a small dachshund.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page