Grass Fed Organic Yogurt at my local store!!! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 10-07-2006, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been a little hesitant to make yogurt because I never have and I am like that with most first time things. Anyhow, I found this yogurt at my health food store and I was so delighted to lift the lid and see beautiful yellow yogurt! After reading the back I see the cows are pasture fed! And after looking on the website see it is unhomogenized! This is a delicious yogurt!

I am still wanting to make the plunge to try and make my own. However, I found goldenfleece.net raw milk at my health food store but I am still unsure if their cows are pasture fed or not. So, this yogurt is great until I know for sure.

Edited to say the yogurt brand is sevenstars brand, their website is http://www.sevenstarsfarm.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 10-07-2006, 09:44 PM

What is the brand of yoghurt? It sounds great!
#3 of 6 Old 10-07-2006, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

oops! i meant to post the website. it is http://www.sevenstarsfarm.com/ brand.

i couldn't find info on the site saying their cows are pasture fed but it does say so on the container itself.

#4 of 6 Old 10-08-2006, 12:04 AM

bummer... it's not available in the west
#5 of 6 Old 10-08-2006, 11:42 AM

Seven Stars is awesome. I live literally right up the road from them - I've had to sit on my bicycle (and keep my girls from getting antsy) while they move their cows across the road from one pasture to another They're part of a huge anthroposopic community here - I'm not part of that community, but I respect a lot of the work they do. I was a hoe-down/pig roast run by the Camphill Village, with which they're associated. I buy some of my raw milk from the Camphill Village, and what they don't sell raw they send over to Seven Stars for the yogurt. They're also right across the street from a Waldorf school, which is a lovely place. We're hs-ers, but I love the bookstore there - I get a lot of lovely things there.

Anyway, vignette aside their yogurt is lovely, and I can tell you from direct observation that their cows are truely pastured.
#6 of 6 Old 10-08-2006, 05:18 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
This sounds good, but I don't think it's available where I am in SoCal. My favorite yogurt is the Greek Fage brand, the Total instead of the low or no-fat versions. It is strained, so it is very thick. On the company's website is says that they feed their cows alfalfa, and they get no antibiotics or hormones. I also like the fact that there are no synthetic vitamins added to the milk (isn't that standard with most dairies here in the States?).

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page