Soy milk maker? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 09-22-2009, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone use one of these? We go through a lot of soy milk and the packaging is hurting my brain. We’ve tried making it with the pan/sieve routine, but it made me want to put my eyes out. A soy milk maker, if it worked and made decent milk, would be well worth the £50-100 for us, but are they any good…?

Can anyone save me learning the hard way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 09-22-2009, 03:31 PM

Hi,
We use soyajoy, and it's well worth it. After some hit and misses we discovered that the quality of the milk depends a lot on the quality of the soybeans, and us removing the outer skin of soaked soybeans to make it richer.
Good luck.
-jen
#3 of 4 Old 09-22-2009, 04:58 PM

my fil gave us a soymilk maker, i am not positive of the brand. it came with agave syrup and soybeans to start. it also makes almond milk, which makes me really happy. it works pretty well, and is much cheaper, esp buying organic dried soybeans-- they are very inexpensive, esp compared to buying the finished product. my dh liked it b/c we can sweeten as little or much as we like, again not like the store brands. you can also make flavored soymilk, too

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#4 of 4 Old 09-22-2009, 08:09 PM

I used to have a soyajoy, I was very happy with it. You can use it for nutmilk or rice milk as well.

As said by the PPs, it will depend on the choice of beans, and at a minimum pre-soaking those beans.

I gave to a friend who went through soymilk much faster than me and would get better use from it. Usually my batches of soymilk would go bad before I could finish it.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page