How does the birth of a premature infant affect the family unit? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 06-22-2015, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Post How does the birth of a premature infant affect the family unit?

Hello, My name is Avara and I am currently engaging in a Independant Research Project (IRP) on the affect of the birth of a premature infant on the family unit. I am interested in this area as I am a premature infant myself, born at 27 weeks (13 weeks early) and I know that this had a dramatic inpact on my family. This assignment is an important aspect of me completing my Community And Family Studies (CAFS) course for my Higher School Certificate (HSC) and I would be extremely appreciative if some members in this forum could participate in this survey that I have designed.
To protect participants privacy, all participants will remain anonymous and all questions are skippable, meaning that if a participant does not feel comfortable answering a particular question they may skip it.

Link to survey: https://avaranancekivell.typeform.com/to/QybYRG

Thank you for anyone who completes it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 06-22-2015, 10:37 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
The survey was interesting, but you put in a ton of pictures and quotes about preemies that are going to be triggery for some - they were for me. I see very clearly that you wanted to say inspiring and flattering things - credit for good intentions - but they mostly reminded me of the crying jags I had outside the NICU, reading the same kind of gauzy platitudes on pictures of other people's babies.

Tags
Family , high risk birth , premature birth , survey , wellbeing

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page