Cloudy Urine? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 12 Old 02-15-2007, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I've noticed that sometimes my urine is really cloudy looking. It's usually very pale yellow so I am not dehydrated when this happens. It's not freaking me out or anything, I feel totally fine, but I was just wondering if this is normal or not for anyone else?

Rachel, mom to Jake (5/04) and Alexia (7/07) a surprise UC thanks to hypnobabies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 02-15-2007, 06:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I believe it's normal. There was a thread about this in the main pregnant forum not too long ago. I think someone said something along the lines of sometimes the pressure of our urine pushes out some leukorrhea (discharge) with it. That would be one reason for cloudy urine. If you have any other symptoms of a UTI then that would be likely.. I know I had/have cloudy urine from time to time with no problems. HTH!

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#3 of 12 Old 02-15-2007, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Yeah I don't seem to have any symptoms of a UTI or anything like that so I'm not too worried. Dh actually suggested I post on the board and ask though! lol.

Rachel, mom to Jake (5/04) and Alexia (7/07) a surprise UC thanks to hypnobabies!

#4 of 12 Old 02-16-2007, 12:49 AM

whats funny is that with Addy and this pregnancy, but NONE of my miscarriages i had cloudy urine no matter how much i drank for the first 8 weeks straight. when i saw three straight days of cloudy pee this time i KNEW i was pregnant. it also smells different. not worse, or better, jsut different. to me, it smells like pregnant pee. but then again i smell what people two blocks over had for dinner two nights ago, so my nose is sensitive

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#5 of 12 Old 02-16-2007, 12:57 AM

I had that later in my pregnancy. Dr said don't worry about it unless I there were other symptoms of a UTI. It never amounted to anything.
#6 of 12 Old 02-16-2007, 12:57 AM

Tiffany that's really funny.. one of my hey what if.. moments before I tested was when I happened to go pee one morning and it smelled really funny. Not bad but not like my normal pee. I had to have a few more of those DUH! moments before I caught on.

#7 of 12 Old 02-16-2007, 02:01 PM

i've had that too, but no other UTI symptoms. good to know i'm not alone! (and it's normal.)
#8 of 12 Old 02-16-2007, 03:17 PM

I was just starting to wonder about this myself! I guess it seems normal!
#9 of 12 Old 02-16-2007, 08:17 PM

I have that too. But since I'm drinking upwards of a gallon of water a day (3-4 litres) and have zero symptoms of UTI, I'm not concerned.

Most of the time, for me, it's due to excessive vaginal fluids being excreted at the same time as the urine. I watch the little droplets plummet into the water clouding it up terribly. Maybe it's the same with you? All I know is that the amount of vaginal fluid I have right now is absolutely insane.
#10 of 12 Old 02-16-2007, 10:52 PM

OK, I'm kind of new here but, does everyone post questions here that they also ask their midwives (or care provider)? It seems like they are great questions that would be answered quickly and definitively.
Also, in my midwife studies one of the imortant things I've learned is that UTI's in pregnancy are often asymptomatic but can still cause pre-term labor
My midwife was always great about answering whenever I'd call or e-mail her. Plus, I learned so much that way.

Thanks
#11 of 12 Old 02-16-2007, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjewell View Post
OK, I'm kind of new here but, does everyone post questions here that they also ask their midwives (or care provider)? It seems like they are great questions that would be answered quickly and definitively.
Also, in my midwife studies one of the imortant things I've learned is that UTI's in pregnancy are often asymptomatic but can still cause pre-term labor
My midwife was always great about answering whenever I'd call or e-mail her. Plus, I learned so much that way.

Thanks
Hi and welcome to MDC and the July DDC.

I'm on my 4th and with each of my babes have had bouts of cloudy urine. They have all been past dates.. hoping this one will come on his/her own. I've had an irritable uterus from time to time and usually have found that I just need to drink more water which usually helps... not sure if that would be considered PTL. If I think about it when I am at my doctors I ask.. but I know at least with my first 3 they tested for UTI's I think everytime I went. I know with ds2 I had frequent UTI's which eventually led to a kidney infection... ok I'm rambling on here.

#12 of 12 Old 03-28-2017, 11:02 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I just did some research on this found pregnancy is a cause. But cloudy urine can be a indicator for UTI too. Have any of you tried any natural remedies for this. Would like a feedback if anyone has.

Found this interesting article worth a read, http://www.belmarrahealth.com/cloudy...nd-treatments/

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page