Maybe baby... eventually? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 08-04-2007, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As I mentioned in another thread, on the recommendation of my OB (who incorporates eastern healing techniques into her practice), I had a reflexology session yesterday evening to try and stimulate some labor. Around 3:30 am, I started having some attention-getting contractions. And they didn't go away when I got up and pursued other activities! They have continued since then at a rate of 4-5 per hour. I can't read through these ones! And I've also been steadily producing some pink-tinged show since then.

If my other 2 spontaneous labors are predicative, this is the very, very beginning for me - based on my history with them I would expect the pace of this to slowly but steadily pick up over the next day or two. I think we'll be meeting Jake as early as tomorrow or maybe Monday or Tuesday. I've been debating adding some cohoshes to the mix today, but I'm thinking at this point there's no real need to rush things along.

I'm supposed to have another NST sometime today, too. I think I'll just walk, rest and sit on the birth ball a lot today... plus have sex and I'm trying to find something to bake (I think that's how I nest, I made cheesecake-filled cupcakes last Sunday, Heath bar cookies on Thursday and banana bread yesterday. What can I make today??)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 08-04-2007, 01:23 PM

Yeah!! Come on baby!

I vote you send all that yummy food to me!
#3 of 7 Old 08-04-2007, 03:34 PM

Oooooh, come on out Baby Jake!!!

#4 of 7 Old 08-04-2007, 03:35 PM

I'm happy and excited for you Bee! I hope we get to read about Jake's birth in the next couple days. You have been very patient and grounded during what could be a very stressful time. I am inspired by you

Mama to James 4-05 and Leland 7-07, and feeling so privileged to be growing kiddo #3 due in September!
#5 of 7 Old 08-04-2007, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yay!!!

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

#6 of 7 Old 08-04-2007, 03:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Chocolate dipped pretzels!!!!

That was my early labor project with ds1. I swear it looked like a wonka factory in my kitchen...

Have you looked into homeopathy? The homeopathic version of the cohoshes along with reflexology worked for me this time. Or maybe I was just ready!! The dosage that was suggested by my midwife was alternating cimicifuga and caullophylum every 2 hours. two 30c pellets. It was like this:

8am cimi
10am caul
noon cimi
2pm caul
4pm cimi
6pm caul
At 8pm on the second day of treatment I was in labor, 4 hours after a reflexology treatment.
It was a total of 6 doses, 3 each and I did that for 2 days with a day in between...make sense?

Just wanted to share what worked for me...
Jessica
#7 of 7 Old 08-04-2007, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybeansmama View Post
Chocolate dipped pretzels!!!!
OMG.. me too- the whole last week!!

Good Luck... yipee!

Mama to my own amazing children..student midwife..home birth activist..and gestational surrogate-twin boys weighing 7lbs3oz & 8lbs4oz...vaginal, unmedicated forced induction @ 38w5d

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page